Django Web Hosting Recommendation?

Hi everyone, first post here. Can anyone recommend me a host with these criteria (budget $20/month but maybe $30 if they're good):

- Good support/uptime
    - Django/Python support
    - Email (5 accounts or more)
    - Multiple domains
    - PHP/MySQL (only 1 db necessary)
    - 3GB space/30GB bandwidth

Options I've looked into:

- A Small Orange - Sounds perfect (allegedly excellent support) but they were bought by EIG so I no longer trust them (have had so/so experiences in the past with HostMonster)
    - MDDHost/Stablehost/Downtownhost - Also good service but they don't support Python (I've emailed all of them)
    - Unmanaged VPS - I don't want to do sysadmin duty on top of web dev (not that I can't - I simply don't want to spend that much time server wrangling)
    - Amazon EC2/RDS - Sounds interesting since RDS won't require much maintenance but they are very pricey (~$50/month after 1st year and I don't need the resources). Also sysadmin duty again.
    - Managed VPS - Nothing within budget?

I'm hoping to host a small business site here along with a few support forums. Not expecting much bandwidth but uptime and support are critical. I'm willing to spend more for this, hence the larger budget. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks for the help!

I wish I could tell that my company can bring that service, but it is not the case, because we use CPanel and CPanel does not bring official support for Python/Django.

Having said that, have you checked webfaction.com?
    They have an awesome solution for hosting Python and Django websites. And they are a perfect fit in your budget

Quote Originally Posted by jdc15 View Post
    Hi everyone, first post here. Can anyone recommend me a host with these criteria (budget $20/month but maybe $30 if they're good):

- Good support/uptime
    - Django/Python support
    - Email (5 accounts or more)
    - Multiple domains
    - PHP/MySQL (only 1 db necessary)
    - 3GB space/30GB bandwidth

Options I've looked into:

- A Small Orange - Sounds perfect (allegedly excellent support) but they were bought by EIG so I no longer trust them (have had so/so experiences in the past with HostMonster)
    - MDDHost/Stablehost/Downtownhost - Also good service but they don't support Python (I've emailed all of them)
    - Unmanaged VPS - I don't want to do sysadmin duty on top of web dev (not that I can't - I simply don't want to spend that much time server wrangling)
    - Amazon EC2/RDS - Sounds interesting since RDS won't require much maintenance but they are very pricey (~$50/month after 1st year and I don't need the resources). Also sysadmin duty again.
    - Managed VPS - Nothing within budget?

I'm hoping to host a small business site here along with a few support forums. Not expecting much bandwidth but uptime and support are critical. I'm willing to spend more for this, hence the larger budget. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks for the help!

Webfaction sounds great! I will definitely check them out. Thank you for the recommendation.

Since nobody had replied to this thread for a while I had decided to bite the bullet and look into some VPS providers. I'm experimenting with VPSDime and RamNode at the moment. Both seem great so far (zero downtime and great performance). For managed, the guys at TMZVPS seemed friendly enough, but they are a bit of a stretch for my personal budget.

I'll take a look at Webfaction, since they seem like a good mix between VPS and traditional shared hosting. <<removed>>
    Last edited by foobic; 10-17-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Try a2host

a2hosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by jdc15 View Post
    Since nobody had replied to this thread for a while I had decided to bite the bullet and look into some VPS providers. I'm experimenting with VPSDime and RamNode at the moment.
    RamNode is pretty good, I can personally vouch for them as I host a couple of radius servers on their VPS plans in their Atlanta and Seattle locations. Having high uptime for each radius server is crucial and so far I haven't experienced any downtime with them.

RamNode looks interesting..
    Their DNS hosting server for CPanel also looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneZSolutions View Post
    RamNode is pretty good, I can personally vouch for them as I host a couple of radius servers on their VPS plans in their Atlanta and Seattle locations. Having high uptime for each radius server is crucial and so far I haven't experienced any downtime with them.

You can get KnownHost's smallest VPS with cPanel for $30. A VPS will probably give you more freedom.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

I have only ever heard good things about A Small Orange, I didn't know that they were brought out though. if the buyer is smart they will leave them well alone and just let them continue to operate as they were.