Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hostgator Rip!

Hostgator Rip!

It appears that this host has taken 'divine inspiration' from the hostgator design.

Home page is different enough, but the similarities throughout are numerous.

https://overlineindia.net/sharedwebhosting-p-60.html

I report, you decide.........

Looks like they got a little lazy with their features listing. Probably not enough for what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by critihost View Post
    Looks like they got a little lazy with their features listing. Probably not enough for what you're saying.
    I think you're right, but it is pretty lazy.

It that feature listing a template? I've seen it all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Macam View Post
    It appears that this host has taken 'divine inspiration' from the hostgator design.
    I hope they weren't inspired by hostgator's service quality too, or I am afraid their website won't last the day.

Shame on them.

Hostgator do have an awesome website, one of the best looking IMHO. Not an excuse though.
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

At least everything isn't unlimited.
    Will Rogers said, "there's 3 sorts of people in this world, those who learn by books, those who learn by the experiences of others, and those who just have to pee on the electric fence every now and then."

Quote Originally Posted by lazyt View Post
    At least everything isn't unlimited.
    At least they didn't copy that part.

Chad
    Webmasterbabble.com Webmaster Forum
    Come join us at webmasterbabble.com

I feel few guys don't have any other topic to make comments, so, they are wasting their valuable time to get some publicity/attention of visitors

Guys, this is not a very new thread about this topic, if you search you'll find one more thread about the same topic where we had mentioned everything about this.

I believe someone will be also available here from Hostgator so I think they should have come to us if they had found something wrong, isn't it?

I believe, we are not unknown to Hostgator since we were nominated in best 25 webhost along with Hostgator and we had same layout that time as well, please visit http://www.hostreview.com/awards/201...ng?page=browse

Let us know if you may have any other problems/issues or questions.

Quote Originally Posted by overlineindia View Post
    I feel few guys don't have any other topic to make comments, so, they are wasting their valuable time to get some publicity/attention of visitors

Guys, this is not a very new thread about this topic, if you search you'll find one more thread about the same topic where we had mentioned everything about this.

I believe someone will be also available here from Hostgator so I think they should have come to us if they had found something wrong, isn't it?

I believe, we are not unknown to Hostgator since we were nominated in best 25 webhost along with Hostgator and we had same layout that time as well, please visit http://www.hostreview.com/awards/201...ng?page=browse

Let us know if you may have any other problems/issues or questions.
    Sorry, it's a blatant rip with some modifications. HostGator has had the same design with a few minor changes here & there for pretty much the entire life of the company.

Domain Name: OVERLINEINDIA.NET
    Registrar: PDR LTD. D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
    Whois Server: whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com
    Referral URL: http://www.PublicDomainRegistry.com
    Name Server: RDNS25.OVERLINEINDIA.NET
    Name Server: RDNS26.OVERLINEINDIA.NET
    Updated Date: 22-may-2013
    Creation Date: 12-jun-2008
    Expiration Date: 12-jun-2014

This thing has been already Discussed on WHT. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=862345

Sadly yes, Website clearly Resembles Hostgator website in 2009 http://web.archive.org/web/200903260...hostgator.com/

Quote Originally Posted by swatkats View Post
    This thing has been already Discussed on WHT. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=862345

Sadly yes, Website clearly Resembles Hostgator website in 2009 http://web.archive.org/web/200903260...hostgator.com/
    Yeah it looks like that one but not like the current one. Just shows how good Hostgator is / was haha.

I have no idea why anyone would want to rip HG's website. But taking a look at the current website, there are some similarities, but I would not call this a rip. I did not look at the code though..
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Most websites look like they use the same template to me, especially ones that put their main features in rounded div with a fake money off time limit.

Rip?

I don't see it.

See screen shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot from 2013-09-07 17:46:37.png   Screenshot from 2013-09-07 17:47:07.png  

▲ ▲

WoltLab Dev

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisitors View Post
    Rip?

I don't see it.

See screen shots.
    Right, how about you look a little closer.

Sorry, but designs do NOT get that close out of the blue. The site was & has been ripped no matter which way you cut it. Yes, some of the content & colors have been changed, however, it's almost a spitting image of the HG site.

AND, according to them the last time, it took:
    Quote Originally Posted by overlineindia View Post
    It is not designed by a single person, 7 people worked to create it.
    Give me a break. If the naysayers really can't tell the site is STILL ripped then you should have your eyes checked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HG_1.jpg   HG_2.jpg   HG_3.jpg   overline_1.jpg   overline_2.jpg  

overline_3.jpg  
    Last edited by VeeroTech Hosting; 09-07-2013 at 06:39 PM.

I don't see anything which you can claim exclusive ownership toward.

We can argue inspired, but other than we'll have to agree to disagree.

▲ ▲

WoltLab Dev

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisitors View Post
    I don't see anything which you can claim exclusive ownership toward.

We can argue inspired, but other than we'll have to agree to disagree.
    Did you even compare the two sites further than 1 page? I mean, are you serious?

Although, let's leave it at that as I don't want to get reported for arguing with you.

lol. wow alot of attention whores here. who really cares for the website layouts when service of hostgator sucks with downtime. lol

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOnline View Post
    lol. wow alot of attention whores here. who really cares for the website layouts when service of hostgator sucks with downtime. lol
    What's hostgators service quality have to do with another company essentially stealing from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post
    Did you even compare the two sites further than 1 page? I mean, are you serious?

Although, let's leave it at that as I don't want to get reported for arguing with you.
    There are certainly some differences but to me it's a clear rip with certain pages and layouts. If it's inspired, their designer pretty much made it identical whether the company wants to admit it or not.

your are probably right, but who cares? good luck to them

Quote Originally Posted by RonISQ View Post
    your are probably right, but who cares? good luck to them
    So if I steal your website it's alright you don't care? Confused by some of the posts here.

Ron has just said people can steal their website design. Hope people have no problem editing it to their needs. Good luck to the ones that take your companies design too I presume? Or is it good luck to gator who got their design stolen but they shouldn't care that people are ripping them off?

Good ones COPY, great ones STEAL.
    ▐█▌After Hours Support by AHS Technologies Corporation
    ▐█▌Get Rid of your PC/Laptop/Mobile/TAB//Servers/Support/Customers - Have a Good Sleep at Nights!
    ▐█▌Serving USA/UK/Europe/Australian After Hours Business Support!

This is pretty lame, doing it so obvious. At least change some of it...
    MochaHost - 11 Years of raising the bar and lowering prices
    Home of the Lifetime Discount Guarantee.

It looks similar due to the typography and the overall layout of the design. However, I can't say that this is a 100% blatant rip because very different color schemes are being used and there are some differences on certain pages.

They copied everything off host gator. I dont know how people dont see it. Sure its a different design somewhat but its still a rip.
    www.varcoe.net - Modern web design at an affordable price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast