Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
    How many times do you think you'll need to say you're against the change before we understand you're against the change?
    You invited discussion on the topic and you got exactly that. What's the problem?
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates
      2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FRH Lisa View Post
    You invited discussion on the topic and you got exactly that. What's the problem?
    Ya well, after 19 pages of pretty much the same thing being said over and over just doesn't seem to make sense anymore. They made their choice and that is it...Either we live with it and continue on WHT or move on quietly into the big wild web. I personally am choosing to stay, but I have also voiced my concerns but I am just tired of the whole thing so I am moving onto other topics of discussions.

Those that are still determined to sit here and try to fight it...well enjoy wearing out your keyboards.
    Tyler S.
    TheWareHive.com | Hosting Sites Since 2010

"Problems Of Today, Meet Solutions Of Tomorrow"
    US East ~ Shared, Dedicated & Fully Managed VPS Solutions
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWareHive View Post
    Those that are still determined to sit here and try to fight it...well enjoy wearing out your keyboards.
    That's the thing; I've said repeatedly that WHT can run their forum however they see fit. I've responded to questions and points brought up by others, since that's how discussion works. SoftWareRevue's post is puzzling, since I'm *not* saying the same thing over and over. Quite the contrary.

Which makes it look like WHT invited feedback and discussion, then became dismissive of anyone who didn't share their opinion. They're welcome to run their forum however they wish, but they should be prepared to see discussion from people who disagree.
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FRH Lisa View Post
    SoftWareRevue's post is puzzling, since I'm *not* saying the same thing over and over. Quite the contrary.

Which makes it look like WHT invited feedback and discussion, then became dismissive of anyone who didn't share their opinion.
    Nothing puzzling about it. Vbulletin does not own the market in this type of management style.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AHFBWEB View Post
    Nothing puzzling about it. Vbulletin does not own the market in this type of management style.
    What has Vbulletin got to do with anything?
      2 Not allowed!

WHT is ultimately a business operation, and, as such they can choose to allow whomever they wish to advertise. I doubt much'll change as a result of this adjustment, and, the world will go on
      2 Not allowed!

And so it begins.....
    WebzPro.com Hosting Solutions Since 2004
    Shared/Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated
    24/7 Support Help Desk
    - LiteSpeed Powered Servers CPanel/WHM
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    WHT is ultimately a business operation, and, as such they can choose to allow whomever they wish to advertise. I doubt much'll change as a result of this adjustment, and, the world will go on
    That does not mean that it's a good decision though. But, hey, it's not our call. It is my belief that unlimited hosting offers have always been, and remain stupid, unsustainable, and usually misleading to the clueless.

Unlimited offers only serve to decrease the perceived value of hosting services among those who may not know any better.
    Last edited by ericgregory; 09-25-2013 at 01:31 PM.
      3 Not allowed!

Who's going to start the race to the bottom with the $12/Year unlimited everything deals...
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    Who's going to start the race to the bottom with the $12/Year unlimited everything deals...
    $12, are you kidding me? I was thinking of offering a $1 per year unlimited plan!
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HN-Laura View Post
    $12, are you kidding me? I was thinking of offering a $1 per year unlimited plan!
    Cool, You gonna be using some old Pentium 4's with IDE drives to offer supreme performance at some $20/Month colo
      1 Not allowed!

I'm gonna hold out for the $0.01 per decade plan.
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ericgregory View Post
    Now that really is bottom of the barrel where do I sign up of course I only expect 100% uptime, 3 minute ticket responses along with the latest and greatest hardware topped off with enterprise SSD, Remember whose who pay less expect the most
      1 Not allowed!

Re: WHT 2013 [Up to, and including, unlimited offers]

Quote Originally Posted by ericgregory View Post
    You mean you are not going to hold for free unlimited for life hosting?

0 Not allowed!

Well, if I'm paying $0.01 per decade, that's a fair price for 100% uptime, right? Then when my site goes down for 5 minutes after 3 years I'll call support and whine and complain that I'm losing $19,000/minute every minute my site is down.

Seems legit, right?
      2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post
    You can't!!! I bought them ALL so I could eat the competition
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v30x_aNq1XQ

Ah, so that's how they do it.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HN-Laura View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v30x_aNq1XQ

Ah, so that's how they do it.
    ROFLMAO

Thanks I needed a good laugh today.
      0 Not allowed!

Since this has now been rolled out and the thread has gone a bit off course, we're closing this. If you feel there is serious discussion on the topic that still needs addressing, feel free to let us know.
    It's a new era, folks.

</thread>
    Your one stop shop for decentralization
      0 Not allowed!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112