How does SEO Effect a Static Website

Hi Guys,

Some of you might have seen a few posts from me in this section the past few months, but I am just trying to get a better understanding of SEO and how it can work for me.

From what i can tell, you need to be creating blog posts for your website to sit high in google? My websites don't really have blog posts, We might once an a while post some news, but that's it. We don't have the time or resources to worry about posting blogs.

So, how does this effect the way i should Market my website? Does anyone have a link to a plan they follow?

Any information would be great.

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Creating a blog isn't really something you should "worry" about, rather it should be something you build into your marketing activities. If you're concerned about SEO (and you should be), you should be posting to a blog even if it's only 2 or 3 times a month. If you have to, look at it as a customer service initiative. Write posts that answer your customers' most common questions. I know it's a daunting task, but if you make a conscious effort to blog a little here and there, at the end of the year you'll see how much you've contributed to the blog.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, So I am right in thinking that a blog is required in this day an age.

I currently have Facebook and Twitter, But never put anything on them, cant find anything to write about really. Does anyone have any SEO guides they follow, that include Facebook and Twitter?
      0 Not allowed!

It depends on how highly competitive your keywords are. If they are not widely searched and has medium competition then you don't even need a blog. You can just submit articles and maintain profiles on Behance or can have a free blog on Tumblr, Wordpress.

You can also work on bringing traffic from social media sites by engaging users in an interactive way.
      0 Not allowed!

I wouldn't say a blog is necessary, but the authority sites tend to be dynamic.. Interaction is the key nowadays, Social Media is a must!
      0 Not allowed!

That information is very helpful,

I have a list of my local competition, none of them seem to have blogs or even a simple news page. Yet if I search "computer services Romford" I am no where to be found, not even 10 pages along. I think this is because my website is fairly new, so am i right in thinking, if I start with a simple blog, generate some links, I will start to climb the SERP ranking?

With the blog, would it be worthwhile creating a topic to each of the subjects my website covers? Surly that would help with the SEO side?

Would i have to create my own content? Or could use content from other blogs that relate to my services? For EG, Pulling news and information from the Microsoft website.

Thanks again
      0 Not allowed!

Google operates with hundreds of ranking factors, so neglecting any one generally won't hurt you too much. But two of the most confusing, known positive ranking factors are old content and new content. To save you a long-winded explanation, just know that your old pages are adding value in a unique way, but you'd almost definitely benefit from a blog or other means of fresh, meaty content too.

Also, the more unique your content, the better. Definitely don't steal it from a copyrighted source like microsoft.com. If it's an outright copy, you'll probably actually really hurt your efforts.
      0 Not allowed!

Most of the education, Industrial and commercial sites are static only. But we need to gather people to share that information around the web and need to update that static page's information accordingly.
    SEO is a way to make this possible, to make huge traffic from the web in your static pages and it helps to spread these all information in a min and proper time before domain related user.
    That's why SEO is popular and widely used to serve the best.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Casey03 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Some of you might have seen a few posts from me in this section the past few months, but I am just trying to get a better understanding of SEO and how it can work for me.

From what i can tell, you need to be creating blog posts for your website to sit high in google? My websites don't really have blog posts, We might once an a while post some news, but that's it. We don't have the time or resources to worry about posting blogs.

So, how does this effect the way i should Market my website? Does anyone have a link to a plan they follow?

Any information would be great.

Thanks
    SEO is one of the great method to generate higher traffic on your site.Its has basically two way to grab high traffic on your site, 1- On- page optimization and 2- Off page optimization.You need to go though both way to make a huge traffic for your satatic pages.SEO help yo to make money online too.
      0 Not allowed!

Even a static website can be ranked high in google for keywords they best match. No blog necessary. You can perform many off page techniques to achieve the results you desire
      0 Not allowed!

This video might help you in some way http://youtu.be/Mibrj2bOFCU

It is better to have a lot of unique and relevant content if you are worried about ranking. Content is king as many people say.
      0 Not allowed!

Its make same effect that in dynamic site.
      0 Not allowed!

Dynamic websites have the benefit of getting their content updated every now and then. This may work well in SEO.

Static sites can focus on other aspects of SEO like link building. Use proper keywords in your existing content. Try different variations till you are able to rank better for the desired keywords...
      0 Not allowed!

Static websites also can rank high in search engines. There are people who make money by building large number static websites around longtail keywords with low competition and monetizing them.
      0 Not allowed!