Thread: Apache Problem

Exclamation Apache Problem

I have a purchased php/mysql script (DeskPro support ticket system) that before was working fine. However after installing Redhat 8.0 and compiling in php, I noticed now that GET and POST variables are not passing at all to it.

However, on the same server, another script (vBulletin) seems to be doing ok and GET/POST variables are passing fine there.

What can be causing this and what are some of the things I can do to try and fix this problem?

Thanks.

maybe it is just the script?

If one scripts, works and another don't, you should suspect the script. To be absolutely affirmative, test a few more scripts and see if you come across the exact same problem .
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

I found the cause. I had to turn on register_globals in my php.ini. I did that earlier but it was reading a php.ini somewhere else in my system and not the default /etc/php.ini.

This is what I knew from reading their documentation. It looks like the scripts, by default, is looking for php binary, which is at /usr/bin/php

You maybe need a sybmolic link # ln -s /usr/local/php/bin/php /usr/bin/php os similiar to make it work. Besides, make sure you have register_global on at your binary php.ini.

I hope this helps

Edit: ops.. you have found the answer, it took me a while to read the documentation and their forum posts.

Originally posted by Skeptical
    I found the cause. I had to turn on register_globals in my php.ini. I did that earlier but it was reading a php.ini somewhere else in my system and not the default /etc/php.ini.
    I need to turn on my register_globals, could you tell me how to do that?

I don't have an /etc/ folder, where would I look for that?