Who owned/founded WHT before Robert bought it?

I tried to search, but 85% of the time when I try it won't let me just spits out an error ...

Who founded it, and who were all the previous owners?
    What does one host say to the other? "(HostA) Want to go see a movie?" "(HostB) Sure, can your parents drive?"

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.

"Matt Freeman is the previous owner and developer of the popular web hosting forum WebHostingTalk. Prior to this Matt also worked on HostInvestigator."

http://spenix.com

I thought MattF did. I searched all this his posts before and saw something about colocating machines for WHT (I think it was dated in 2000) but just wanted to make sure.

Anyone know why he sold it? Money? No time? Wanted to do new projects?

I still see MattF is a very active mod, but don't chat much.
    What does one host say to the other? "(HostA) Want to go see a movie?" "(HostB) Sure, can your parents drive?"

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.

Originally posted by DarktidesNET
    I thought MattF did. I searched all this his posts before and saw something about colocating machines for WHT (I think it was dated in 2000) but just wanted to make sure.

Anyone know why he sold it? Money? No time? Wanted to do new projects?

I still see MattF is a very active mod, but don't chat much.
    I guess he had quite a few debts to pay off. And I think he really wanted to get started with his own hosting company, so in order to have a large income to start off with, WHT was sold.

Yes i think it was money. I remember him asking on the forums for people to host, provide bandwidth, pay for a liscense etc.
    Have you Floble'd today?

It had to do with his family and time, I belive.
    Sometimes life seems like a dream, especially when I look down and see that I forgot to put on my pants

And now they can charge 12cpm and the site isn`t changed mutch. I feel bad when I see this, he could have made a decent living after all from this, as he deserved.

Long time no see, but I couldn`t resist a rant, sorry.

Originally posted by Haakon
    And now they can charge 12cpm and the site isn`t changed mutch. I feel bad when I see this, he could have made a decent living after all from this, as he deserved.

Long time no see, but I couldn`t resist a rant, sorry.
    Although this is fairly old, I'd like to comment that there's 1/100 chances that Matt had the resources to make this place as big as RS and Headsurfer have. I've seen a lot of advertising for this place in other webhosting resources, and I have no doubt that buying/advertising for WHT was a small fortune.
    A well-reasoned assumption is very close to fact.
    - Adorno

Although this is fairly old, I'd like to comment that there's 1/100 chances that Matt had the resources to make this place as big as RS and Headsurfer have. I've seen a lot of advertising for this place in other webhosting resources, and I have no doubt that buying/advertising for WHT was a small fortune.
    Yes on hosting properties that are owned by Robert Marsh. All of which were months thereafter WHT's purchase.

This place already had 20k+ members before the barrage of advertisements came up.

With that said, I feel this site was destined for what it is now. And that the change of ownership had absolutely nothing to do with WHT's current success.