ServerPilot - new control panel, mixed feedback on site

We've just launched ServerPilot, a new control panel.

We've had mixed feedback on the site. Specifically, some people haven't understood clearly what it is and how it works. We've tried to address the concerns. Is there anything that's still confusing?

https://serverpilot.io

Thanks! I appreciate your feedback and suggestions.
    ServerPilot - modern, secure hosting control panel for cloud servers and VPSes.
    Manage all of your servers and PHP apps from one, central location.
    Optimized for developers, businesses, and hosting companies selling VPSes.
    Follow @ServerPilot on Twitter.

Looks modern and sleek. I like it and live the website. Good luck.

Thanks. And I'm glad it wasn't confusing to you.

I love simple layouts, but I also feel a logo or something is missing to set it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by gingir View Post
    I love simple layouts, but I also feel a logo or something is missing to set it apart.
    I agree with that. We would like to have a good logo, but at the moment we're erring on the side of no logo rather than bad logo. At some point we'll have the time and energy to put into making a good logo.

I appreciate the feedback. It's a reminder that we can easily forget how important a logo is.

Your website loaded without text on the images/buttons for me. Only once I hovered over and clicked on them did the text show.
    I am using Chrome and Windows 7, maybe a caching problem my end but not sure.

At the bottom of your website you have the text Company and Getting Started. These should be links but are not.

You should also show a bit more information somewhere or at least link off to more information about your product because from your homepage all people know is that its a control panel that managed PHP websites and runs on Ubuntu.

That's just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-cPBackup View Post
    Your website loaded without text on the images/buttons for me. Only once I hovered over and clicked on them did the text show.
    I am using Chrome and Windows 7, maybe a caching problem my end but not sure.

At the bottom of your website you have the text Company and Getting Started. These should be links but are not.
    This is strange. I'm using Chrome on Ubuntu and have tested Chrome on a Mac and all of the buttons have visible text and those links really are links for me. I still need to test Chrome on Windows 7 but it seems unlikely that would be very different.

Thanks for the heads up on this, though. We'll have to do a lot more testing. Please let me know if you narrow down the cause at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-cPBackup View Post
    You should also show a bit more information somewhere or at least link off to more information about your product because from your homepage all people know is that its a control panel that managed PHP websites and runs on Ubuntu.
    Are there specific questions that you were looking for answers to? The range of questions people have varies a lot. It helps us to know what you thought the site was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-ServerPilot View Post
    Are there specific questions that you were looking for answers to? The range of questions people have varies a lot. It helps us to know what you thought the site was missing.
    You currently only have that one big screenshot of your control panel with them smaller ones below. Could you put more larger screenshots maybe like a rotating banner etc?

Below you have also mentioned about controlling websites using a central interface. Sooooo basically like any other control panel? You need to tell people why your different get people interested or why should they care?

Similarly to what I said earlier below smaller screenshots you may little quotes which are interesting. I expected the images to link off and give more information.

Very nice, Love it.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Conn8ct-Sal View Post
    Very nice, Love it.
    Thank you!

It's now a few months later and we've done a major overhaul of the site.

https://serverpilot.io/

The biggest change is that there's a lot more information now. We were pretty light on information before and some people were confused about how ServerPilot worked and what exactly it did. I believe that's clearer now, but if it's not, I'd really like to know.

I'd appreciate another round of feedback.

Thanks!

We've done another major overhaul of our site. Check it out!

https://serverpilot.io/

There's still a lot more we want to do to make it beautiful, but next we're focusing more attention on our UI.

As always, feedback appreciated. Thanks!

Also, I'll be at HostingCon in a few weeks if you want to meet up there.

I love your product, using it for about 6 months now and never had a single problem regarding speed or security. No need to pay for a managed server if I can use serverpilot.

keep it up!

I really think you should get something like uservoice.com for your company. So that users can vote what features they need the most.

Also, if you are a registered company and not just random group of ppl without any obligations, maybe you should put a proper info- like, you know, legal name and address. Otherwise, how can we have enough trust to let you into our servers?

Like cpanel http://cpanel.net/contact/

Quote Originally Posted by WebHostFreak View Post
    I love your product, using it for about 6 months now and never had a single problem regarding speed or security. No need to pay for a managed server if I can use serverpilot.

keep it up!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by KonstantinDK View Post
    I really think you should get something like uservoice.com for your company. So that users can vote what features they need the most.

Also, if you are a registered company and not just random group of ppl without any obligations, maybe you should put a proper info- like, you know, legal name and address. Otherwise, how can we have enough trust to let you into our servers?

Like cpanel http://cpanel.net/contact/
    We do try to encourage feature requests, but for now we prefer people to email them so we can have conversations about the features. We generally find that by talking to people, we can get a better idea of what they really need. We tried uservoice a long time ago but didn't like it. We should probably give it another try.

Thanks for the suggestion about adding more info about us as a company. We're trying to make our website more professional so that people know we're legitimate and trustworthy. We'll work on this further. Thanks for the cpanel contact page example. For now, this is what we have on our site to give more info about us: https://serverpilot.io/team.html

Thumbs up

Nice and simple neat

Good job

The pricing structure is really cute. People do like nice and simple. It seems very straight forward. Control panel interfaces are often overly complex and people only use 40% of the available functionality. The front-end site should have company news (which must be regularly updated) and other events.