How To Run Apache on dedicated servers

I need this plugin to work, but it won't work under nginx unless you make changes to it here is the link

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/c...rk-under-nginx

or i can install apache on my servers and the plugin would work, can someone please tell me how to install apache on my dedicated servers? I have whm root access and cpanel access

thanks in advance

Nginx does not use .htaccess files, you can either convert the .htaccess to Nginx rewrite rules or switch to Apache for the plugin to function.

It sounds like you have cPanel/WHM installed on your dedicated server. By default cPanel installs Apache as the main web server.

Are you running a Nginx plugin like cpnginx.com or nginxcp.com or did you fully install Nginx?
    NewYorkCityServers.com - Specializing In Dedicated Servers and Financial Hosting
    True Enterprise Service, Tier 3 Manhattan Datacenter, 100+ Gbps Network, 100% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7 Support - Email, Tickets, Phone and Live Chat
    Bandwidth Graphs, Remote Power Control, Automated OS Re-installs, Secured IPMI+KVM Included With Every Server

Quote Originally Posted by PersonalJ View Post
    Nginx does not use .htaccess files, you can either convert the .htaccess to Nginx rewrite rules or switch to Apache for the plugin to function.
    how do i switch to apache?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCServers-Nick View Post
    It sounds like you have cPanel/WHM installed on your dedicated server. By default cPanel installs Apache as the main web server.

Are you running a Nginx plugin like cpnginx.com or nginxcp.com or did you fully install Nginx?
    yes i had them fully install nginx i believe, because i heard it was faster, but i really need that plugin to work...

Quote Originally Posted by johnsherdy View Post
    yes i had them fully install nginx i believe, because i heard it was faster, but i really need that plugin to work...
    It's only faster if you hit a limit in apache, such as maximum client slots, or you run out of cpu. Apache works perfectly fine... until it doesn't. Unless you have a huge amount of traffic to your site, nginx won't make much difference in most cases. I would have them put apache back in and use that. If you do have issues with apache, you can often use nginx in a more "hybrid" mode as a proxy to apache, which gives you some (but not all) of the benefits with far less effort and configuration, using a cpanel plugin like cpnginx or nginxadmin.
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

Quote Originally Posted by funkywizard View Post
    It's only faster if you hit a limit in apache, such as maximum client slots, or you run out of cpu. Apache works perfectly fine... until it doesn't. Unless you have a huge amount of traffic to your site, nginx won't make much difference in most cases. I would have them put apache back in and use that. If you do have issues with apache, you can often use nginx in a more "hybrid" mode as a proxy to apache, which gives you some (but not all) of the benefits with far less effort and configuration, using a cpanel plugin like cpnginx or nginxadmin.
    What he said ^. nginx is only "faster" because it can handle more concurrent connections. Apache is more than fine for 90% of use-cases.
    Loop Internet
    AS 394868 - Wilkes-Barre, PA
    █ Fiber Internet and Colocation
    99.999% Uptime SLA - 24/7/365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by funkywizard View Post
    Good advice. In the end I gave up on running Nginx exclusively because it's much easier to reap the benefits of both by using Nginx as a reverse proxy (with direct serving of static files)