Subj: Signature
    Date: 3/31/2003 11:07:38 PM Eastern Standard Time
    Reply-to: moderators@webhostingtalk.com
    To: FTPguy
    CC: moderators@webhostingtalk.com
    Sent from the Internet (Details)

As per the rules,
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/rules.php
    "Signatures must be setup in your profile and not manually added to your messages. Participants may not use a "signature" with plan descriptions or any pricing information at the end of Forum messages. Signatures must be kept to a maximum of four lines. Signature may contain a maximum of one URL and no links to other threads or posts. "

The four line limit includes blank lines - some people browse using 800x600 and it makes it harder for them to read

Thanks,
    Akash
    ----------------------------------------------
    WebHostingTalk.com Assistant Moderator
    ProgrammingTalk.com Moderator
    Yaxay.com

--------------------------------------------------------------
    What I had as a sig can be seen in this attachment. (800x600) I was in error. I'm sorry. It has since been corrected. But what about others? I will attach 2 examples.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ftpguysig.jpg  
      0 Not allowed!

Member name: sanjiv
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sanjiv.jpg  
      0 Not allowed!

Member name: YUPAPA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails yupapa.jpg  
      0 Not allowed!

I don't believe it's favoritism. It just must be hard to catch them all. Now that you've pointed them out, I'm sure they will be asked to correct them.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials
      0 Not allowed!

Why start a thread?

If you want to talk to moderators, email them.

If someone is breaking the rules, use the "Report this post to a moderator" link. It's likely how yours was noticed by a mod.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Not to mention, the two you give examples of are four lines. At least, on my computer.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Smile

FTPguy if you dislike me, please just ignore me. I have done nothing wrong to you and I have no idea why I looks like a pest to you.

I just want to let you know and I have been trying not to reply your threads. Please do the same to me and not put my name to any of your posts.
      0 Not allowed!

That's a little harsh- he didn't do anything wrong to you; you're in the wrong, and he only mentioned it.
      0 Not allowed!

SWR and vito are right: if you see something that you honestly think violates the rules, report it to one of the mods. They don't have time to read over every thread and notice every detail, not with the sheer volume of new posts added every *hour*. I don't even know for sure how they do their jobs: read only certain threads? Read threads at random? I have absolutely no clue.

Point blank, I don't think the mods have time to exercise favouritism. (Edit to add: I could be wrong on that one...but I don't think I am.)
    Lesli Schauf, TLM Network
    Linux and Windows Hosting: Scribehost
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by living_media
    SWR and vito are right...
    I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
    I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials
      0 Not allowed!

The reason they look more than one line is due to the smilies, they are still just 4 lines, but they take up 6 to 7 lines of actual space. So Yupapa, edit your signature. I dont hate you.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]
      0 Not allowed!

They don't have time to read over every thread and notice every detail, not with the sheer volume of new posts added every *hour*.
    If someone is breaking the rules, use the "Report this post to a moderator" link.
    It's likely how yours was noticed by a mod.
    It just must be hard to catch them all
    they will be asked to correct them.

Everyone said what I was going to say. With 32,000 members, over 125K threads, 1 Million posts - it's impossible for us to see everything. We're growing at a rate of about 70 members a day, and 1500 posts perday. Only so much we can do.

I don't normally read signatures, and as someone said, usually only let members know they are breaking the rules if 1)I have access to email, 2) it was reported to me 3)I have the time.

Favoritism it was not, if you see something breaking the rules (signatures or otherwise), report it - believe it or not, us mods are regular people like you - we lead regular lives, have regular jobs and volunteer our time to clean up the forums. With Chicken gone, it adds some pressure, so we need your help to clean up the forums (meaning you report it).

In the future, if you have a problem with an email I or any other mod sent you, contact us first.
    And thank you again for edited your signature.
      0 Not allowed!

also

sanjiv's sig (one of my favorite sigs on the board) did not have that 2nd paragraph before yesterday (or at least i dont think it did)

Signatures change all the time, and the only way for us to "moderate" them is if others report them.

note: edited above to read "one of my favorite sigs" so that it's not mistaken for sanjiv being my favorite member- i've never personally communicated with him, other than sending him a PM a long time ago about his signature....
    Last edited by Akash; 04-01-2003 at 09:32 PM.
      0 Not allowed!