Post Count Stuck on 0

My post count appears to be stuck on 0. My posts are in the forum (search for my username) but my count is not incrementing. Any fix for this?

Not that it's a big deal, but it would be nice if I don't look like a complete newbie after I've been around a while.

posts only count in the "Main Forums" category

the "other forums" and the "advertising forums" dont count towards post counts

Lightbulb

Doh! Thanks.

It looks like some cruel demented April Fools joke.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    It looks like some cruel demented April Fools joke.
    Hard to believe that post counts do not count in some forums. I can kind of understand the lounge and the ad_forums, but not the website reviews and suggestions forum. Some adjustments needed by the "powers that be" there....
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Hard to believe that post counts do not count in some forums. I can kind of understand the lounge and the ad_forums, but not the website reviews and suggestions forum. Some adjustments needed by the "powers that be" there....
    Though I totally agree, this is like flogging a dead horse. Have hardly done a website review since this went into effect. In fact I just lurk and rarely post on WHT anymore. It was nice while it lasted but onward . . .
    "Genetically engineered food
    is corporate bioterrorism"

--- musings of a human guinea pig

sisterscape: the post counts NOT counting shouldn't stop you from posting because if anything does change, we could always "re-count" your old posts...

That's a little like saying: 'We're not going to pay you but keep on working overtime anyway because we may eventually decide to count your hours and pay you later'.

Please explain why post counts matter so much to you. Yes it's to show you've put in your hard work - but if you've stopped posting because not all of them count - then I consider it to be "working for the money - not for the people"

In otherwords, the only reason you helped is because your post count would go up by one. Now that they don't, you dont want to help.

Again, you shouldn't stop posting, because who knows, in the future we may decide to count all the posts again...

Hmm now is it just me or is there no post count at all now.

Originally posted by akash
    Please explain why post counts matter so much to you. Yes it's to show you've put in your hard work - but if you've stopped posting because not all of them count - then I consider it to be "working for the money - not for the people"
    I never gave much thought to the post count until it was axed. Most of my life is based on volunteer service so don't even go there. I like to help people with their sites because I have a artistic eye and some 'designers' can't put two colors or elements together. I am not a host nor do I have any interest in the biz. I was coming to WHT only to help people make better websites. Almost all my 500+ posts were in website reviews. If those had been removed retroactively like the lounge posts my count would now be zero.
    In otherwords, the only reason you helped is because your post count would go up by one.
    This conclusion is just plain silly, Akash.
    Now that they don't, you dont want to help.
    The decision to stop counting website reviews did alienate me from the 'community'. As a result, I found someplace else to spend my time and help people. BTW, the quality of designs at my new 'home' seems to generally be better and there is a wider variety of sites there too so it's more interesting to me. The members also seem to be more mature and literate so it's a good fit for me.
    Again, you shouldn't stop posting, because who knows, in the future we may decide to count all the posts again...
    PM me when the policy changes and maybe I'll start posting more here again.

If/when the policy changes there will be an announcement.

Originally posted by sisterscape
    . . . . . . . .The decision to stop counting website reviews did alienate me from the 'community'. As a result, I found someplace else . . . . . . .
    I have yet to meet anyone that applauded the decision to stop counting posts.

But, that is the decision. And if that's what you base this "community" on; then I'm happy you found somewhere else that counts your posts.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    But, that is the decision. And if that's what you base this "community" on; then I'm happy you found somewhere else that counts your posts.
    That's really uncalled for. There's no need to get nasty.

Nasty? That comment was no more nasty than you calling Akash silly or telling him "not to go there" or the general tone of your post.

SWR is blunt and honest. It's refreshing actually.

Actually, I think it sounds like he's auditioning for a mod position.

And I think he would be a good candidate.