Thread: Need a VPS

Need a VPS

Hello,

I'm looking for someone to offer me a VPS in exchange for a split on profits. This is more or less a partnership deal.

It will be used to offer shared hosting with the kloxo control panel. The account creation will be fully automated. The site and VPS will be managed by me, all support will be handled by me.

The profits will be split 60% to the company or person offering the vps and 40% to me.

I have a domain and years of experience with virtual private servers. If you are interested and want to speak about terms feel free to reply or contact me on skype: bedgar813

Quote Originally Posted by ben_edgar View Post
    Hello,

I'm looking for someone to offer me a VPS in exchange for a split on profits. This is more or less a partnership deal.

It will be used to offer shared hosting with the kloxo control panel. The account creation will be fully automated. The site and VPS will be managed by me, all support will be handled by me.

The profits will be split 60% to the company or person offering the vps and 40% to me.

I have a domain and years of experience with virtual private servers. If you are interested and want to speak about terms feel free to reply or contact me on skype: bedgar813
    The one piece of information that is lacking is why you don't sign up for your own VPS, and keep 100% of the profits?

Do you have existing clients? If not, what's your marketing plan?
    Jordan Michaels - viviotech.net
    Exceptional Managed Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by utdream View Post
    Do you have existing clients? If not, what's your marketing plan?

Marketing plan relies heavily on the fact it is Kloxo control panel,

I will be able to get a partnership with kloxo, it can be automated, its free, low resource use, allowing me to sell cheaper than any Cpanel competitor and there is no real competition from other kloxo hosts.

Im going to use forums + the kloxo partnership to get clients.

Well, I've seen their partnership deal, so I see where you're coming from, but the problem with that is that Kloxo has issues.

We used it a lot back in the day before the lead devveloper died and it was brilliant. Since then, upgrading it has been a very risky endeavor. Upgrades frequently broke things, and we were forced to spend many many man-hours manually fixing things that upgrades broke and/or restoring clients from backups.

I hope Kloxo gets better with upgrades in the future, but I would not put so much faith there just yet.

Now, if your proposal included something like a value added service (like, for example, you are a web designer and need a place to host your clients) or you had a nitch market of some kind, it would be much more compelling. Feel free to ping me when your marketing strategy relies less on Kloxo.

If i added i coded an entire Backup software which will allow you to backup to any linux or windows based server and will run on any operating system and offered you it would that cover the cost of a VPS for 2 months?

Quote Originally Posted by ben_edgar View Post
    If i added i coded an entire Backup software which will allow you to backup to any linux or windows based server and will run on any operating system and offered you it would that cover the cost of a VPS for 2 months?
    It would allow you to offer your clients a secure way to backup files which would allow your business to make some extra money.

Well, we're good in that area as we have a pretty excellent relationship with Idera already, but it sounds like the excellent beginnings of a nitch market.

Quote Originally Posted by utdream View Post
    Well, we're good in that area as we have a pretty excellent relationship with Idera already, but it sounds like the excellent beginnings of a nitch market.
    I customized it for a few companies and added their logos, motto ect.. to it and its paid my education fees im happy to say