Control panel like tripod/geocities...

Hello,

I am planning to purchase a ner dedicated server special for offering free hosting. So now i am looking for a control panel that are like tripod, angelfire or others. The control panel will have the ability to change member header page so i can put ads.

Anyone have any idea on these control panel. Free offcourse is the best...
    empirenet.org
    (Professional web design at affordable price)
    empirehosting.org
    (Reliable and affordable web hosting)

No one have any idea on this??
    empirenet.org
    empirehosting.org

You can check http://www.hotscripts.com , http://www.resourceindex.com for those kinda scripts i actually haven't used the an.fire or tripod panels but you still can check those script index sites
    BUY SELL WEBMASTER GOODS AT OnlyWebmasters.Com Auctions
    CHECK YOUR GOOGLE PAGERANK CLICK HERE

Ok thanks!
    empirenet.org
    empirehosting.org

Originally posted by Razer
    Try Home Free Pro
    Not free but quite powerful.

But too expensive....
    errr anyone know any cheaper one?
    empirenet.org
    empirehosting.org

Can I just ask how you'll be attempting to recover the cost of hosting clients for free. If you don't have the cash reserves to purchase the software needed then it doesn't look like you've thought the business model through and have no idea of what kind of problems you'll face. I've just listed a few issues for you

a) Spammers - will run riot on free hosts. Especially if you offer pop email accounts
    b) Advertising industry is nearly dead. People will want targeted clicks/views. If advertising is your sole source of revenue then you're in big trouble
    c) Illegal Content - you'll be liable for the content on your boxes, how will you control each account??

There's many more issues I can bring up. I don't want to put out your fire, but you really need to read up on a business textbook.

Yeah. Unless u have lots of ads, use fdc/cogent your service is not going to survive.

mmm....

I know....
    I just have an extra server, and wish to use the server to host web site for free, just wanna try my luck...

You are also right, the advertisement industry now is almost dead. Then do you have any idea what online industry is the best? Web hosting? Web design....
    empirenet.org
    empirehosting.org

both of them are about to die to IMO.
    Many young people , many old fashioned stuff...

(pay attention to your sig madlemon its more than 4 lines)
    BUY SELL WEBMASTER GOODS AT OnlyWebmasters.Com Auctions
    CHECK YOUR GOOGLE PAGERANK CLICK HERE

thanks for the advice...

than what internet business is the best?
    empirenet.org
    empirehosting.org

Many people are finding success by advertising to their local market. You know only a fool goes out to conquer the world when he hasn't even conquered his backgarden! Try targeting small businesses in your city first, you'll most likely get quality paying customers who will need very little if any maintenance.

The only other thing I can suggest to you is to think outside the box. Think why you're not ready to pay for the software mentioned above etc. It could be:

a) you might not have the money
    b) you don't want to risk the money

Many other people will be in the same spot as you. The best way for you to make money with this "extra" server of yours is to perhaps find a free control panel, skin it and offer very limited free reseller accounts.

The idea is to help people make those first steps into business. So perhaps you'll have a reseller guide, offering advice etc. Interviews with big hosts that once started with a reseller and so forth. Plain and simple you give people enough resources so they can sell a few hosting plans (<10) and build brand loyalty to the point where people are ready to now spend the money they're making on upgrading the service. They need to feel as if they can grow with you.

You'll need to do most of the work yourself. Your overheads have to be virtually nil for this to succeed. Like I mentioned, with free hosting there will always be people wanting to take advantage. You'll have to find ways to make the signup process difficult to put off spammers. You'll need to look at imposing limits on the amount of email that can be sent etc to make sure the service isn't abused. You'll need to prevent people from signing up for more than one account etc.

There's lots to think about, the free model MIGHT work, but it will need lots of thought.

You may right....

thanks for the advice!
    empirenet.org
    empirehosting.org

I just have an extra server, and wish to use the server to host web site for free, just wanna try my luck...

You are also right, the advertisement industry now is almost dead. Then do you have any idea what online industry is the best? Web hosting? Web design....
    You could do a combination of things. Possibly offer free hosting to select target markets. i.e. charity, non-profit sites, or maybe some sites relating to something you personally have an interest in. In addition, you could also offer a paid form of hosting for other customers outside of your free target or as an upgrade to free hosting to recover some of your expenses. You may be able to write some of these charity and non-profits sites off of your taxes as donations and giving away space to sites you actually have a personal interest in I'd consider part of a personal entertainment budget.