hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Help on finding a reliable host that covers my needs!!

Forum Jump

Help on finding a reliable host that covers my needs!!

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2000, 09:02 PM

Question

Ladies and Gentlemen..

First of all I wanna say thanks ahead for all the time answering my questions might take!!!

Ok..I tried so many things..went through all directories it seems..wrote to many hosts..
with and without answers..but so far I haven't found one..that could give me all!!
Ok let's see..
What I am really looking for (not resell)...
I am a webdesigner and so I am looking for VIRTUAL SERVER deals..
where I can have unlimited email services (incl. Pop3)..and also the
ability to have as many subdomains and domains as I like to have
with my existing storage......
Well and they should offer domain pointing to directories also..not just domain to domain!! Besides that of course the things usually come in the deals...
The setup fee and the monthly costs don't matter that much..but shouldn't exeed 70$ a month let's say.
Just since it might be needed..
>200MB
>5GB Transfer
own cgi-bin
and some progs (incl. good shopcart like Miva for ex.)..

The best one I found so far is www.communitech.net ... the only thing I don't like about them is that they offer no pointing to directories and that the subdomains are limited to 25...
Anyone think they can beat their offer??
Just to make clear..I don't work for that company..I am just ready to sign up with them and am looking around for the last time b4......please no "mailbox" companies..just reliable hosting companies!!!!
Thanks again..it's really apreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2000, 04:10 AM
Chicken

while I sure some here would argue, a host gains very little by allowing you to point domains to subdirectories. First, you don't sign up for more accounts. Second you might actually use the HD space that comes with the plan. Third, you might actually use the bandwidth that comes with the plan. From a host's perspective, it is a "you win" situation.

There are places that let you do it. Also, as far as subdomains go, you can wildcard the domain and use those nifty cgi redirection scripts (allowing more than 25 sub's)...

just something to consider

Old 05-16-2000, 07:30 PM

Well...I see the point..just didn't know if that would make a difference with the stats in the end..otherwise a lil' rediredt will do I know...

BUT STILL...doesn't anyone have a REAL GOOD PROPOSAL FOR A HOST????

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2000, 08:07 PM
Web Hosting Master

Hello,
I know this is pub, but take a look at: http://services.can-host.com/?url=hosting

Our gold plans offers 6 included domain pointers (or other domains or sub domains) and you can buy more in our add-ons section. (at the price of 20 sub / $5.00 per month)

Note that your bandwidth limit restriction will still apply to all these domains, as well as the number of users / pop3 and HD space.

I hope this was of any help.

------------------
[Félix C.Courtemanche | Web Designer]
[Head Designer | Co-Admin]
[webmaster@can-host.com]
[Can-Host Networks | http://can-host.com ]

Old 05-16-2000, 08:27 PM

Sorry Felix.. but since I am looking into something that offers more subdomains in the general deal..besides that I would like to be able to do especially all the things I mentioned earlier on..also more domain points included would be better..well like I said..it doesn't need to be the cheapest hosts..I just have to be able to trust them!!
But still thanks for the help..
I hope that more people can still try to help me!!!

Old 08-04-2000, 05:40 PM
Big Pickins

Thumbs up

Defnitely look into Alabanza! They have had excellent reviews by tons of people all over the industry, plus you can't beat how easy it is to use, and that kick butt control panel.

Good luck in your continued search.

Old 08-04-2000, 07:26 PM
WHT Addict

Hello. The problem with Alabanza is, while the "virtual nameserver" should allow clients to park domains for free if they have it in their plan, they are not able to point it to a subdirectory. THAT requires manual editing from the host, which is why many Alabanza hosts hesitate about offering unlimited domain pointing to subdirectories. However, I CAN suggest one thing to you if you use an alabanza host.

Sign up for a plan which includes a "virtual nameserver". This will allow you to have your own custom nameservers as well as (I think) give you the ability to park domains to your IP for free.

Then, get a script such as www.customcgi.net/truevirtual/ and you can point all the domains you want to various subdirectories.

Good luck!

Brian Farkas

------------------
Web Hosting: http://www.intersurge.com
Web Design: http://www.infostardesign.com

Old 08-05-2000, 01:06 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Chris,

If you give me your e-mail address or e-mail me at vince@jtan.com, I could set you up with a great plan which has everything you need, including unlimited POP3, unlimited Subdomains, unlimited space, 10GB of Bandwidth a month and domain pointing to directories for under $64 a month.

------------------
Vincent Paglione
vince@jtan.com

Old 08-06-2000, 09:50 AM

Talking

*s* Well hey there!!!

Actually I didn't think that anybody would still post something in here..since I worte the original message in May..
Well I had looked through tons of deals, also went through Alabanza stuff..
Since nobody was really offering everything I wanted I settled for one domain to host with Communitech!!
But if anybody is willing to make proposals or anything..(like Vincent)..then you are welcome to do so..since it not going to be the last account I will have to host!!
And who wouldn't like to hear about better things every now and then!!

So Vincent.. if you want to you can email me at..hmmmmm..which one..*thinking* :

sparkone@hotmail.com ....

Thanks again to the people that posted a reply recently!!!

Chris...

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted