hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : IMPORTANT: Cobalt PHP-Upgrade, if you have upgraded PHP yourself before ...

Forum Jump

IMPORTANT: Cobalt PHP-Upgrade, if you have upgraded PHP yourself before ...

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2003, 12:31 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Exclamation

IMPORTANT: Cobalt PHP-Upgrade, if you have upgraded PHP yourself before ...

Installing the PostgreSQL/PHP upgrade will uninstall any version of PHP you installed, or someone installed for you.

It will downgrade it to PHP 4.0.6_C5.
On our page at http://www.raqtweak.com/free.php you can find the SAME patch, but with PHP upgrade stripped since you do not need this.

THIS patch will NOT downgrade your PHP version and will NOT break the PHP on your raq!

Good luck!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2003, 02:00 PM
Web Hosting Master

Very useful, thanks! I was not looking forward to manually breaking out the rpm's.

Does your revised pkg phone home?

Thanks,

Brandon

Old 03-26-2003, 06:09 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Nope. Does not

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2003, 10:42 PM

This sounds great... I'm a little worried because it is going to go on a busy production server. The server is running PHP Release 4.1.2-3.

Any possible issues I should be aware of?

Will I be able to apply future Cobalt patches related to PostgreSQL/PHP over it? That seems to be the point of the patch but I want to get that clarified if possible.

NB: Good move if you have stopped your patch releases from phoning home.

Old 03-27-2003, 04:29 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

NOTE: This is the SAME patch as the one cobalt released, it just has the PHP part stripped... But that's it...
So I'd say it's rather safe , PLUS... The parts that are still there are the cobalt parts, so it should be compatible with their upcoming updates...

Old 03-27-2003, 12:47 PM
WHT Addict

in fact, if you install the sun update from php it's possible your apache will be dead after the install

Old 03-28-2003, 09:54 AM

Dear All

I have just installed the PHP & PostgreSQL Security Update 2.0.1 and it trashed my web server - without knowing that this patch puts PHP back to the original version of 4.0.6-C5 and should have run a tweaked version of the update that does not alter your existing PHP version or settings.

I was running the Pkgmaster 4.1.2 version.

I have managed to recover the web server but now I am running an older version od PHP and have no backup of http.conf or libphp4.so

Can I just reinstall the Pkgmaster version or do i have to remove it first and then re-install as it still apprears as an installed product in the GUI. I am also running phpMyadmin.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to get out of this mess

Ray

Old 03-28-2003, 10:11 AM
Web Hosting Master

Uninstall the pkgmaster package if you still have it showing and then re-install it and you should be fine.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Penetration Testing Software Cobalt Strike Adds Support for Cloud-based Redirectors Web Hosting News 2014-01-14 14:15:42
Cobalt Data Centers Names Jefferson S. Brown President Web Hosting News 2013-07-10 13:53:29
Cobalt Data Centers Names VP of Operations and Security Web Hosting News 2013-03-14 12:53:28
Cobalt Opens 34,000 Square Foot Data Center in Las Vegas Web Hosting News 2013-02-08 15:07:39
Colocation Provider Cobalt Takes Over Tier 3 Data Center in Las Vegas Web Hosting News 2012-08-30 12:34:36