Do I need dedicated server?

Now I am using VPS with 2 GB Ram for my 3 audio streaming. The problem is sometimes need to buffering to listen it.

On the other hand, I also have another VPS with 1 GB Ram for my 3 websites.

My question: do I need to upgrade to dedicated server for my audio streaming?

What do you think if I wan to combine the website and audio streaming in one dedicated server?

Thank you for your advise

How many listeners do you get on average?

- Daniel

about 300 listeners

Quote Originally Posted by TmzHosting View Post
    How many listeners do you get on average?

- Daniel

Do you see the load going to high when there are maximum users ?
    Is it crossing the number of Cores. e.g. if you have 2 cores is your load crossing 2.x ?
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

How can I check it? It only show Bandwidth, Memory and Disk Usage in VPS Panel

Quote Originally Posted by alons View Post
    Do you see the load going to high when there are maximum users ?
    Is it crossing the number of Cores. e.g. if you have 2 cores is your load crossing 2.x ?

Login as root and type :
    root> uptime
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

The load average now is : 0.04, 0.03, 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by alons View Post
    Login as root and type :
    root> uptime

If you use OpenVZ - change the host. If you are using Xen/VMWare/etc. - go for a dedicated. Streaming requires *realtime* performance for both the streamer source and for the server that listeners connect to.

Try to look for a provider with good Internet connectivity.

btw. 300 listeners = ~10tb average B/W That's a lot. What's your radio?

Yes, I am using openVZ. What do you mean by change the host? Is that any problem with my present load?

I appreciate your suggestion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danceboysf View Post
    If you use OpenVZ - change the host. If you are using Xen/VMWare/etc. - go for a dedicated. Streaming requires *realtime* performance for both the streamer source and for the server that listeners connect to.

Try to look for a provider with good Internet connectivity.

btw. 300 listeners = ~10tb average B/W That's a lot. What's your radio?

Quote Originally Posted by iphonek View Post
    Yes, I am using openVZ. What do you mean by change the host? Is that any problem with my present load?

I appreciate your suggestion

Thanks
    No, in this case, it's most likely a bandwidth issue. Try to ping your VPS's IP and see if there are peaks or packets lost when it begins to buffer. (Go to Start > type "cmd" > in the command prompt type "ping your-ip -t" and see if the times vary a lot)
    A good ping is, for example, steady 50ms all the time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ping.png  
    Last edited by danceboysf; 04-25-2013 at 02:50 AM.

So far, ping time is between 32 - 61 ms (always change, not steady).

Quote Originally Posted by danceboysf View Post
    No, in this case, it's most likely a bandwidth issue. Try to ping your VPS's IP and see if there are peaks or packets lost when it begins to buffer. (Go to Start > type "cmd" > in the command prompt type "ping your-ip -t" and see if the times vary a lot)
    A good ping is, for example, steady 50ms all the time.

But if I run ping NOT from root, ping time is 226.186 to 230.500 ms

@ iphonek, if the load of the server is 0.04, 0.03, 0.00 then there is no issue with the server. You just need to upgrade your bandwidth.

Ok thank you for help

I think u just need a company who offer better network. Dedicated would be good too because they have dedicated port speed.

I would agree. sound's like a possible bandwith problem. you might check with your host and see if they have a high usage node, etc if you are happy with the support they give etc.
    http://missourihosts.com
    ›› instant actvation
    ›› Account Migrations
    ›› shared hosting, shoutcast, reseller hosting

You should change the provider....
    Dedicated not needed ...

Please try to know your port speed.

Streaming has a lot to do with with your location and server's location.
    Which city and country you are in, where is the server, Can u paste the ping response time and traceroute from your machine to server here ? It will help us suggest you host as well as figure out if its a network delay not providing u ideal experience.