Bacula4Hosts - Commercial Open Source Backup and Recovery Solution

Features

-Centrally manage your backups and recovery process over multiple facilities
    -Backup your own servers to your own storage devices
    -Support for an unlimited number of Storage Servers
    -Backup and Restore Linux, Windows and FreeBSD Servers
    -Backup and restore cloud servers running any hypervisor (all flavours of XEN, KVM, VMWare)
    -Backup and restore OpenVZ servers
    -Bare Metal Restore (BMR) capability for Linux and Windows
    -Support for MySQL, pgSQL and MSSQL
    -Full API to integrate self service restores into any platform or system
    -Windows and Linux end user hosting customer support
    -End user table level restore capability for MySQL and pgSQL
    -Backup Exchange servers and offer end user PST restore
    -Backup and restore over WAN or LAN
    -Portable Storage Pools

Features Coming Soon

-Backup to multiple storage devices (ie onsite + offsite)
    -Automated Storage Pools migration
    -Hosted Backup Space in the Bacula4Hosts Cloud

End User Restore

Utilize our API to build your own end user restore module for your platforms - or use our pre-built modules

cPanel - end user restore, including table level DB restore for your cpanel customers

DirectAdmin - end user restore, including table level DB restore for your cpanel customers

Hsphere - end user restore capabilities for all platforms delivered from hsphere including windows hosting, linux hosting, coldfusion hosting, dedicated servers and xenserver

Hostbill Integration

Offer Hostbill customers the ability to self service restore their data on the following services

- Dedicated Servers
    - Colo
    - cPanel Reseller accounts (reseller can access and restore data from any of their end user accounts)
    - cPanel Shared
    - Websitepanel Exchange Reseller (reseller can restore any of their customers PST files)
    - Websitepanel Exchange End User (exchange end users can restore their own PST files)
    - OnApp VPS and Cloud
    - Flexiant VPS and Cloud

Hostbill Modules coming soon
    - DirectAdmin (reseller and end user)
    - Proxmox
    - SolusVM

WHMCS Integration

Offer WHMCS customers the ability to self service restore their data on the following services

- Dedicated Servers
    - cPanel Reseller accounts (reseller can access and restore data from any of their end user accounts)
    - cPanel Shared
    - SolusVM (OpenVZ customers can self service restore their own data)

Hostbill Modules coming soon
    - DirectAdmin (reseller and end user)
    - OnAPP
    - Flexiant

For those needing high capacity, redundant and affordable Storage Servers - whether this is to compliment your existing infrastructure or add an offsite location to your backup infrastructure footprint, please visit our partner (www.cologlobal.com). Cologlobal can deploy a Storage Server (SD) and have it configured into your Bacula4Hosts account.

https://accounts.cologlobal.com/cart...hosts-storage/

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions

www.bacula4hosts.com
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

No details about the pricing, It would be better if you can give some details about pricing plans also.
    Web Hosting: Reliable inexpensive cPanel Web Hosting Offers
    █ Domain Registration: Register Domain names, Domain registration in India
    Reseller Hosting: Linux Reseller with cPanel/WHM and Domain Name
    █ Digital Certificates: SSL Certificates with Dedicated IP at no additional cost

Quote Originally Posted by caisc View Post
    No details about the pricing, It would be better if you can give some details about pricing plans also.
    Pricing: https://accounts.bacula4hosts.com/cart.php
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Hi,

Concerning Backup Workstations. How does that work as a service? Is it a add on to bacula4host? Are we able t host this item our self's? I see no link to purchase this item in the cart area.

Thanks
    Frank
    *G.C. SOLUTIONS Elastic Sites Shared Web Hosting* - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Website On A Whole New Level
    *Dedicated Resource Usage Experts*

Hello Frank

Quote Originally Posted by tumble View Post
    Hi,

Concerning Backup Workstations. How does that work as a service? Is it a add on to bacula4host?

it will work on a per workstation/laptop model per month. You will also be able to sell it from various billing platforms (hostbill, whmcs, etc). It has full wake on LAN capability for laptops, etc and resumes backups if someone is travelling for example and disconnects to a network, then connects to another network - along with a system tray (windows, mac and linux) to manage backups/restores

Are we able t host this item our self's?
    whether you use our hosted solution or our managed install solution - the backup data is stored and restored from your own devices

I see no link to purchase this item in the cart area.
    its coming

we are working on a VM model for onapp, flexiant and cloudstack (and maybe others) - once that is done, we will work on the workstation model
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Hi Andrew.

Quick question for you. I currently have 1 dedicated server with constant.com. Capacity of the server is 2TB. 210GB are currently being used. Please tell me if your company have a backup solution for us?
    Do we need additional hardware?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tylerle View Post
    Hi Andrew.

Quick question for you. I currently have 1 dedicated server with constant.com. Capacity of the server is 2TB. 210GB are currently being used. Please tell me if your company have a backup solution for us?
    Do we need additional hardware?
    Thanks
    Hi tylerle,

right now, you would need a backup server to backup your data to. nothing else would be required however (ie you need servers to backup and servers/storage to back up to)

in the near future, we will also be offering hosted disk space within our cloud you could back up to by purchasing 50GB chunks - but, this isnt quite ready yet, so, for now, people need to have their own backup servers or storage devices

your other option is to go with one of our resellers who will sell you licenses as well as disk space on their storage devices. One such partner is Tranquil Hosting - http://www.tqhosting.com/.

hope this helps
    www.cartika.com

Is there a demo available to see how does the cPanel plugin work?
    Duplika → Hosting since 2005
    FastWeb → WordPress Optimization

Hello,

here are some screen captures for the cpanel module from within cpanel and hostbill (whmcs is very similar to hostbill, just dont have screen captures for that handy)

hostbill 1
    hostbill 2
    hostbill 3
    hostbill 4
    hostbill 5

cpanel 1
    cpanel 2
    cpanel 3
    cpanel 4
    cpanel 5
    www.cartika.com

I'm very interested in a bare metal restore option. It seems however terribly complicated to me in the way of implementation. So I hope you don't mind the few questions I have.

Say I have a cPanel server with 100 accounts on it, csf and a bunch of after market plugins like attracta seo, varnish etc etc. In the event of a disaster, bacula4host would have an easy way for me to set this server back up in another DC with dissimilar hardware? Configurations, OS and custom kernel modifications and all?

How does it work? What all do I need to know to get started?

I've been reading a lot but I fear the more I read, the more confused I get and the more I realize how little I actually know about all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by 8inghost View Post

Say I have a cPanel server with 100 accounts on it, csf and a bunch of after market plugins like attracta seo, varnish etc etc. In the event of a disaster, bacula4host would have an easy way for me to set this server back up in another DC with dissimilar hardware? Configurations, OS and custom kernel modifications and all?

Hello

BMR acts at a "bare metal" level - so, you cannot really BMR to a different OS, as the BMR process would restore the OS, etc from whichever restore point you chose. This would literally restore the entire server, all configurations, components/modules,etc from your selected restore point

dissimilar hardware could present the largest challenge, as you would need to load up any drivers missing in the new, dissimilar hardware manually which were missing in the OS from the BMR restore point you are trying to restore from. It is of course always easier to BMR to similar hardware, but, you can certainly accomplish this to dissimilar hardware or go from physical to virtual, etc - just usually requires an additional step or 2

hope this helps
    www.cartika.com

Re: Bacula4Hosts - Commercial Open Source Backup and Recovery Solution

Totally worth it. Already used the BMR and it saved me. Glad I bought in when I did and I'm thankfully for this thread that helped me discover bacula4hosts

Quote Originally Posted by 8inghost View Post
    Totally worth it. Already used the BMR and it saved me. Glad I bought in when I did and I'm thankfully for this thread that helped me discover bacula4hosts

thanks for your business and yes, a good backup/restore capability and strategy is so important in this business !
    www.cartika.com