Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Email marketing is better than SEO ?

For any small business, Email marketing is better option than SEO. Please suggest me which one is good for generating sales leads.
    Last edited by database13; 04-18-2013 at 12:00 AM. Reason: for correction
      0 Not allowed!

SEO never works for me yet
      0 Not allowed!

For me SEO is more effective, But needs lots of work.
      0 Not allowed!

They cant even be compared to each other. They are two completely different things. I would utilize both SEO and E-mail marketing IMHO. Use SEO to gain some organic rankings to bring in the traffic. Then with a well thought out e-mail optin form you capture their email to market to them later.
      0 Not allowed!

Better to try both SEO and Email marketing. Each will contribute its share
      0 Not allowed!

i think email marketing not working for large business ,in there seo is better
      0 Not allowed!

Neither alone. Both can help in the bigger picture, but they cab work together not in the "competing" mode.

Quote Originally Posted by database13 View Post
    For any small business, Email marketing is better option than SEO. Please suggest me which one is good for generating sales leads.
      0 Not allowed!

A good SEO has a better effect in most cases. It is necessary to explore demand for products and services through keyword research.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes. In fact S.E.O. and/or S.E.M. can be used to build a good e-mail marketing campaign, which shouldn't be confused with SPAM
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by database13 View Post
    Email marketing is the part of promotion like SEO all need to be done like SEM,SMM etc
      0 Not allowed!

Web marketing is not more effective but SEO is best and lots of factors use it for website submission...
      0 Not allowed!

According to my opinion, if you are running small business then Email marketing is effective than SEO. So do not waste time on SEO, just do Email marketing and avail the opportunity to enhance the business.
      0 Not allowed!

No, I don,t think that email marketing is better than SEO because the conversion rate of email marketing technique is lower than SEO. Due to this plenty of companies are using SEO and PPC methods for his business promotion
      0 Not allowed!

Agree with WebHostors, email marketing and SEO are both good market channels. Email has slightly different outcome, however, depending on where you get your lists. I have a couple of examples where the lists are based on scraped email addresses and it tends to have a negative impact on the brand. Many dislike spam and it grows easily to start bad discussions in forums, etc. SEO should be seen as a long-term effort if it is to be done "right" and I would recommend to start working on it from day one. An ROI may take up to 12 months in some cases. If you have the opportunity to work with SEO in-house I would recommend that you do so though SEO is expansive to outsource.
      0 Not allowed!

Email marketing is one part of SEO campaign. For those who think SEO does not work, they should remember it requires good long term planning and decision making with considerable hard work.
    Like you cannot satisfy your hunger by just one bite, you cannot reap ranking benefits by a short time doing SEO.
      0 Not allowed!

i think email method is old now. but it can help if applied well.
      0 Not allowed!

In my opinion, email marketing and SEO is better than using one method only. The two should not be underrated. You need email marketing to maintain visitors and sales. You need SEO to get traffic and potential subscribers.
      0 Not allowed!

It depends on your project because if your site is relevant to the product or e commerce site then email marketing is good way. If your site relevant to the any erp software or other services then the lead conversion ratio will be very less.
      0 Not allowed!

With SEO work you need to work with someone who has an insight into your business and the results you are looking for. SEO is something which takes extreme amounts of time to achieve but when you do get the results, you will be highly profitable in no time. It incorporates writting articles, posting links (not link spamming), and a lot more features to get the results you would like to see.
      0 Not allowed!

email marketing is one of the things which you can do with off-page SEO.
    Firstly all of us should think about great and unique content and on-page optimized website
      0 Not allowed!

Email marketing or SEO !!

Considering the importance of both the marketing channels, SEO & Email mktng needs at the same time, if an entrepreneur seeking for long term goals. SEO is time consuming but its goal conversion.. Email marketing in the same time has its own plus points, but both of them can work equivalently. I followed a site long before in SEO Chat.
      0 Not allowed!

In my opinion SEO is more effective than Email Marketing..

IN SEO, we can drive free traffic and conversation through search engines. But in email marketing we need to pay for that...!

In SEO, we can drive targeted traffic through our website.. But in email marketing, we can't drive targeted traffic,..
      0 Not allowed!

you should focus more on SEO as after your site is properly SEO optimized and has lots of visitors already, you can create a landing page to get your targeted visitors email then hit them up with your email promotions.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rajesh Kannan View Post
    In my opinion SEO is more effective than Email Marketing..

IN SEO, we can drive free traffic and conversation through search engines. But in email marketing we need to pay for that...!

In SEO, we can drive targeted traffic through our website.. But in email marketing, we can't drive targeted traffic,..
    I am interested to know how you cannot drive targeted traffic to your website using email marketing Could you clarify that for me please?
      0 Not allowed!

In email marketing, where do you get those mail id from ( let assume 5000 - 10000 mail id's)??? In each email id is your targeted customers??

If not, then how will you drive targeted traffic?? Then , how can you convert the sales through email marketing..

In most cases, unfortunately your sent mail will be get into trash folder.. Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by cpoalmighty View Post
    I am interested to know how you cannot drive targeted traffic to your website using email marketing Could you clarify that for me please?
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast