Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TmzVps Review

In all fairness to Daniel, he's always been willing to work issues out. I am not here to rip tmzvps, however I am facing a dilemma stemming from such last minute decisions. The move to WebNX was not disclosed prior to the move. and the move itself was announced less than a week in advance. I don't like West coast based hosting over the Cogent network. I am on the East coast and so is most of my traffic and clients. Will see how things go after the promised upgrades and will make a decision based on several parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Acroplex View Post
    In all fairness to Daniel, he's always been willing to work issues out. I am not here to rip tmzvps, however I am facing a dilemma stemming from such last minute decisions. The move to WebNX was not disclosed prior to the move. and the move itself was announced less than a week in advance. I don't like West coast based hosting over the Cogent network. I am on the East coast and so is most of my traffic and clients. Will see how things go after the promised upgrades and will make a decision based on several parameters.
    FYI Cogent is a small fraction of our network. If the route is inbound to us its because your ISP picked it as a best path. If its outbound to you its likely picked as a best path from our bgp route optimizer.
    Daniel Pautz - WebNX, Inc. dan >< WebNX.com
    WebNX.com Enterprise Hosting Solutions – Southern California (Premium Equinix Based DC), Northern Utah (Large 120k Sq' WebNX ran) and NYC Based Servers
    High end Dedicated Servers at reasonable prices on a Premium network with 9x providers route optimized with the Noction IRP

Hi,

I don't see any negative issues or "shi*tt* reviews" about WebNX? They are a great NOC, we actually even debated going with them in L.A awhile back before we arranged our gear in LA at another NOC not far from them though :-).

I've yet too really see any problems with WebNX; or any of my friends and contacts that are down the street from us at WebNX, complain about any serious issues. That's a positive thing in my book?

Strange...

I owe an apology to WebNX. The *only* review that casts them in a negative light was at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1257158

At the time I made the comment, I had minimal sleep while waiting on the VPS to transfer, and my stress was elevated. So I was not clear-headed and definitely edgy.

However, I am not fond of west coast NOCs and I am getting mixed reviews about the current performance. This does not mean I dislike TMZVPS. They are courteous and despite some hiccups in the recent past, they are good value in my book.

I will return with a dedicated review at a later time.

Acroplex,

Tmz am sure still has east coast server vps options so discuss that with them as am sure they can assist you there. I understand your concerns with cogent, we have had clients move to our network from other cogent networks with other providers.
    | Manny Vivar - manny.v@hostdime.com| HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12