BLUEVM - Fraud + Incompetence - BUYER BEWARE

I normally scour the web for cheap dev servers and recently found a great deal with BlueVM through LEB.

Signed up for 12-month VPS with BlueVM last month. I have not been able to login via ssh nor their web console using the credentials they supplied me. Attempted a password reset and received an invalid email error. FAIL.

Awesome.

Sent them a support ticket.

Their response was basically this:

1. send us a support ticket once logged in via console.

2. We're having migration issues.

Save your money and go elsewhere - there are plenty of alternatives. BLUEVM is full of fail. Buyer beware.

EDIT:

I verified the payment and the email address details.

There currently moving there hypervm main node, so they can't do anything, there database is massive so it's taking a while to migrate.

Why are you making excuses for them?

They failed miserably.

The fact that their support asked me to login when I explicitly made it clear that I was unable to login indicates some major incompetence on their part. The fact that I can't login due to "migration issues" indicates they are not professional enough to plan accordingly.

If this were a free service I'd be like... ok. For a paid service this is unacceptable. Server migrations should not result in 72-hour< downtime.

The server migration is not affecting and VPS nodes, look at uptime.bluevm.com and shows there nodes uptime/ node loads.

I have about 10 bluevm VPS'es that I use for ZNC/IRC e.g and I've never had problems with them.

Hope on to there irc chat and ask for help, there irc channel has all there staff on.

so now I'm supposed to chase their support staff in IRC? Is email too much work for them? Some people just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by dzzl View Post
    so now I'm supposed to chase their support staff in IRC? Is email too much work for them? Some people just don't get it.
    I'm just trying to help you, I have no association with bluevm except I use then for personal vps'es.

Sorry but i cant say bad about them, maybe you wait until migration to ask about it??

It's always pity to read about poor experience.

Fraud and incompetence? More like a misunderstanding of expectations and unfortunate timing. Calm down a bit and give them time to deal with the migration. You said you ordered it last month but you had to wait until just now to try to log in to it? Your VPS should be fine, but you waited until a maintenance period for it to suddenly be urgent and then flipped out. I doubt that you'll help your case any by calling them a fraud because you waited at least 15 days to raise the issue and suddenly, during maintenance, it's urgent and can't wait another minute. Had you dealt with it when you ordered it, this wouldn't be standing in your way right now.
    Last edited by mxroute; 04-16-2013 at 09:31 AM.
    Ain't here to spam my signature, I'm not desperate for sales.

Hey dzzl,

I just hopped on there IRC and spoke to Johnston (Owner) Do you have a ticket ID i can forward to him? (Or hope on there IRC channel) It looks like #xxxxxxx

Thanks
    HostUS - Premium Hosting Made Affordable
    TEN Worldwide locations spanning USA, Europe & Asia Pacific
    Own ASN, Own Network, Own IPs - AS7489 & AS25926

This does not qualify as fraud...
    RamNode - High Performance Cloud VPS
    SSD Cloud and Shared Hosting
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection - AS3842
    Deploy on our SSD cloud today! - www.ramnode.com

Quote Originally Posted by jarland View Post
    Fraud and incompetence? More like a misunderstanding of expectations and unfortunate timing. Calm down a bit and give them time to deal with the migration. You said you ordered it last month but you had to wait until just now to try to log in to it? Your VPS should be fine, but you waited until a maintenance period for it to suddenly be urgent and then flipped out. I doubt that you'll help your case any by calling them a fraud because you waited at least 15 days to raise the issue and suddenly, during maintenance, it's urgent and can't wait another minute. Had you dealt with it when you ordered it, this wouldn't be standing in your way right now.
    Very right.Fraud and incompetence is very harsh word in such situation.Like Jarland,I also believe that there has been some miscommunication between you two.Also you have paid for budget line,stop acting as if enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by FtpItllc View Post
    Also you have paid for budget line,stop acting as if enterprise
    After you learn how to space your sentences in the globally recognized manner you should then consider that the argument of "it's budget, not enterprise" is quite irrelevant.

The question is whether he is receiving the service advertised or promised. The price paid should not be the determining factor.

BlueVM..... Owned by the one and only Justin Johnson, incompetent sums him up just about right. I used their servers, unreliable uptime, supposidly a system admin although no system admin skills were displayed.... Agree OP, avoid
    Regards
    Josh Kility, Former CEO AllHostOne

Seems like a miscommunication which does happen, and when BlueVM was going through a large process as they where, it can happen and does...

I wouldn't jump the gun to saying they are fraud and incompetence... I wouldn't say they are any of them, if they where fraud... I wouldn't have such a great service with them.

D

Quote Originally Posted by AllHostOne View Post
    BlueVM..... Owned by the one and only Justin Johnson, incompetent sums him up just about right. I used their servers, unreliable uptime, supposidly a system admin although no system admin skills were displayed.... Agree OP, avoid
    A web hosting company talking trash about another web hosting company. Must be trying to drum up some business. But seriously OP's post is really misleading. AllHostOne you run a business, you shouldn't be bad mouthing people if you want your customers to think you are in anyway professional. I don't like businesses but you don't see me attacking their owner. Seriously lay off. OP obviously is over exaggerating things and he admitted more or less that he was at fault in the first post. He tried to put his own lack of common sense on BlueVM.

Quote Originally Posted by HostHoarders-Mike View Post
    A web hosting company talking trash about another web hosting company. Must be trying to drum up some business. But seriously OP's post is really misleading. AllHostOne you run a business, you shouldn't be bad mouthing people if you want your customers to think you are in anyway professional. I don't like businesses but you don't see me attacking their owner. Seriously lay off. OP obviously is over exaggerating things and he admitted more or less that he was at fault in the first post. He tried to put his own lack of common sense on BlueVM.
    Who said im drumming business? Im simply just posting my past experience with this specific company.
    Regards
    Josh Kility, Former CEO AllHostOne

Quote Originally Posted by HostHoarders-Mike View Post
    If he's a customer it's fine, but being a provider does increase one's need to show evidence I agree. As a fellow provider and a client of BlueVM, I will gladly provide evidence of my current status so that I may be clearly understood when I say that I appreciate the services of BlueVM and I have noticed a significant increase in their commitment to quality.
    Evidence: http://imgur.com/w1x7snp
    Ain't here to spam my signature, I'm not desperate for sales.

Calling BlueVM a fraud and incompetent is both unfair and untrue.

I have used their services for slightly over a year, with a 128MB KVM for $15/year.

The KVM has been remarkably good, and technical support -- the few times I've used it -- has been professional and polite.

The recent KVM migration was an issue. However, I received a week's notice that it was happening and took steps to be prepared for the worst (who wouldn't?). Downtime was much longer than expected, and eventually I requested that they simply turn up a fresh VM at the new location and cancel the old one. This was done in a very short time.

Prior to migration my KVM performed well and enjoyed excellent network uptime. Since migration the same is true. I have absolutely no complaints.

Calling this company a fraud and incompetent is IMO rediculous. They are a budget VPS company, and for the price paid they provide excellent value.

Hi,

I'm shocked too see a discussion still on-going on here, kinda going off-topic having other members verify that their customers of BlueVM?

Anyways, I'm surprised to see noone from BlueVM commenting on here as of yet..

I believe the original issue at hand should be worked closely with BlueVM directly instead of coming here to bash them to get what resolved? I don't see how you believe this would help your case in getting what you originally wanted and needed OP. Just my thoughts though...

I give a thumbs up to BlueVM for their service. So I don't understand the FRAUD part, if you do have 100% proof of fraud please do show me, and please, before showing me your proof, look up the definition of FRAUD first too make sure your proof is actually "fraud", because if they are fraud, I'm introuble, my CC is attached

Good luck,

-D

Blluevm = waste of time

I could not agree more with those who lost their patience with Bluevm. They play quite a shell game. After much waste of my time and egregious affronts to my intelligence, I finally did get a refund, but it did not appear even as "pending" on my card, and I got this:
    ----------------------------- snip
    Hello,

I understand your frustration, but I see no evidence suggesting you didn't receive the service you paid for.

If you would explain the issue you encountered and your reason for wanting a refund, I'll see what I can do.

Best Regards,

Jordan Perkins
    UK Support Team
    BlueVM Communications
    --------------------------------
    My experience is best summed up here --
    In Sept. 2012, they offered double RAM on some deals that already were at bargain prices.(beware, you are lucky to get what you pay for) I originally wanted 2 VMs. One could not be made to work, and they made the mistake of cancelling the wrong one twice. It was a full month before I had stable service on one VM, and at the end of the affair, they posted a tar of my entire server on a public URL, with nw password, denied me access to my original machine, and “provisioned me a new machine” with half the RAM of my original order. I have the entire process saved in email. It is a serious waste of time to avoid if you have real need for a VPS. Their control panels only work ocassionally, and from their NY location about half the time I would get "no route to host" trying to log in ssh - which means your VPS has been taken offline by their techs.
    To waste your time on this is WRONG.

IndyRadio replied to a very old thread, so I guess it opens the door to share my own experience with BlueVM. I have four VPSs from four different vendors and one of them is from BlueVM. I bought a 1-year OpenVZ VPS from them last August (2013) and it ran great. In October, I saw a KVM deal from them that I liked better, so I asked if I could pay the difference and switch. They said sure, and when I pointed out that they undercharged me on the invoice, they said to keep the difference. Both the OpenVZ VPS and the replacement KVM VPS have stayed up since they were configured. What more can you ask for?

There are pros and cons with any vendor. In an attempt to give you a balanced point of view, I should add that VPS performance is not that great, but it is reasonable considering the price.

Hacked by Bluevm

to say that I was "hacked" by these scumbags is putting it mildly.
    they are not capable of distributing their resources among their customers, and malice is not uncommon among their techs. look at the details of my existing post, that's not all they are guilty of, when I have time I'll show you some more.