Question Rackshack bargain basement

I placed one server order with rackshack under their bargain basement. During my visit there was two quantities available of that server. I completed order processing and provided my credit card info also.
    It was very clear to me this was not instant activation. After completion of order process the available quantity was reduced to one and till yesterday it was one. But I received an email from rackshack same day stating that servers already sold out and at present that is not available. They will hold this order for three days.

I do not understand the logic why they are showing that server is available and after placing order they do not have server. They are also holding for three days. So now I cannot order server from some other service provider.

Is anybody faced same situation or I am misunderstanding.

Maybe it was your cache playing tricks on you?
    Have you Floble'd today?

Thats crazy, they talk the talk, but the real question is, can they walk the walk?

There is a high chance that it is your browser cache that is playing a trick on you.
    Automation of Ensim Account Setup http://www.easyensim.com
    ZoneIndex - WebHosting Directory http://www.zoneindex.com

No it was not my browser cache. I did forced reload to verify. Today I am able to see some different option available.

Rackshack does have live support chat. I dont remember what times there was live csr (customer relations) and websales (sales personel) also online. You could try asking there...

Re: Rackshack bargain basement

Originally posted by l2s
    I placed one server order with rackshack under their bargain basement. During my visit there was two quantities available of that server. I completed order processing and provided my credit card info also.
    It was very clear to me this was not instant activation. After completion of order process the available quantity was reduced to one and till yesterday it was one. But I received an email from rackshack same day stating that servers already sold out and at present that is not available. They will hold this order for three days.

I do not understand the logic why they are showing that server is available and after placing order they do not have server. They are also holding for three days. So now I cannot order server from some other service provider.

Is anybody faced same situation or I am misunderstanding.
    I have forwarded your post to our RS Sales Supervisor Team for review. They will be contacting you shortly. You may also as previously suggested jump into the chat room there is always someone there than can assist you with this. We appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

Thank you,
    @mariorodriguez
    Director of Business Development
    Monarx.com
    https://www.monarx.com/about-us

I will need more information to determine what has happened. Can I have either your name, the domain name of the account you had signed up for or an email address that I can contact you at directly?

You can also email us directly: sales@rackshack.net

Thank you,

Rackshack Sales
    Last edited by EV1-AaronC; 03-24-2003 at 12:48 PM.

Unless your IP is blocked as being "hostile", all server sales at Rackshack are instant activation. About 1 in 200 to 1 in 300 will error out due to a credit card processing error or something of that nature.

On occasion, two customers will be competing for the last 2 or a particular model or 3 for the last 2. In those instances, there is sometimes a problem.

In all cases, if you get no server, we don'y keep your money.

A keen point to bear in mind. We sell more servers in one month than MOST providers have in total. We also sell more in one quaerter (3 months) that ALL but about three providers have in total. With this kind of volume in a fully automated process, we will have a few problems. However, in each instance, we work with the customer to resolve it as soon as possible.

We depend upon keeping most every one of our servers in service so we have a definite interest in helping you buy the server that you want. Sales from teh bargain basement are as important to our bottom line, or more so, than a Dual Xeon.

Robert
    Robert Marsh
    Head Surfer

Nicely handled Rackshack, very professional.
    What does one host say to the other? "(HostA) Want to go see a movie?" "(HostB) Sure, can your parents drive?"

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.

During the big HP 2ghz $1 setup fiasco, many orders got messed up with people complaining, and not getting a box. RS resolved all the problems I noticed in the chat room quickly .

keep in mind that NOT ONLY YOU ordering it. You see it but others can see it too and they order it too.
    ◊ James | sales@vnpixel.com |
    ◊ aim: vnpixel • msn: support@vnpixel.com • yahoo: vn_pixel
    ◊ http://www.vnpixel.com

Talking

I got server from rackshack. One was out of stock. I requested them to substitute with another offer in their bargain. Same day they provided me server. Very professional. Thanks Rackshack.

glad to hear it was resolved... RS are in it for the long run - they care about their customers

I have been noticeing that most hosting sites are just downright bad. Tons of 'off the shelf' products that dont integrate together at all.

I some times wonder about these companys that say they offer development services but than use PerlDesk for support tickets.

Before I get flamed for not practicing what I preach...

... on my site I am running a couple off the shelf packages until I can write my own. I just got into hosting about two months ago and me and my developers have been bogged down with clients.

We have tried several times to order servs from RS when the site shows there is 1 or 2 available.

Sometimes it doesnt go through other times we have thought we got the server but basically we were beaten by someone getting it perhaps a few secs before us.

I dont think you can account for this and i believe this is quite fair.....good luck on the person who got there first!!

In all cases we had our card was never charged. I dont believe that there is any other provider that offers such instant activation as RS do in the way and volume they do it........you gotta account for SOFTWARE abilities.
    ~~klooki NET~~
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
    Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)

Our backend billing systemn was designed by Innovaware a/k/a isppower. It is a very powerful and reliable system but is somewhat rigid.

We have had to write our own front end that must then work with that as a back end. So, we are limited somewhat in how we can handle the last few items of a heavy demand sku.

There may be better ways to do it, but I have yet to see it.

Our system was set up so that we could take the order, fraud check it several ways, collect the $$$, assign the inventory, assign and confirm the passwords, and then grant access INSTANTLY in real time to the customer. AFAIK, no other provider in the business has that capability with dedicated servers.

We will try to help anyone who has trouble with the process. You just have to ask.
    Robert Marsh
    Head Surfer

I just wish you would take PayPal . That is the only reason I will probably go elsewhere when I move on to a dedicated server - there is a certain efficiency in your customers paying you with paypal and you paying your suppliers with paypal.
    » OmegaSphere - http://www.omegasphere.net/
    » Vancouver co-location, Managed Services, Shared Hosting, SSL Certificates, Domain Names
    » Your IT Experts - Located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada
    » 604-618-0543 - 866-618-0543 - support@omegasphere.net

Originally posted by headsurfer
    Our system was set up so that we could take the order, fraud check it several ways, collect the $$$, assign the inventory, assign and confirm the passwords, and then grant access INSTANTLY in real time to the customer. AFAIK, no other provider in the business has that capability with dedicated servers.
    I have two clients that have that capability with dedicated servers. A third was bought out by Interland, which would then have the technology to do it.. but I don't see them offering that service.

We only developed the front end and a basic back end for these companies. All three had aweful, antiquated back end billing systems to integrate with.

It's funny.. I've been directly competing with Inovaware since their isp-in-a-box days, but I am always surprised to see them still around. I think they're based in Hawaii or some such. They appear to do a good job at what they do, I am surprised no one has bought them out.
    Hugh Buchanan
    harveyopolis corporation
    userfriendly.com / killersecurity.com

Originally posted by ddent
    I just wish you would take PayPal . That is the only reason I will probably go elsewhere when I move on to a dedicated server - there is a certain efficiency in your customers paying you with paypal and you paying your suppliers with paypal.
    Get a paypal debit card. Then everybody who takes Visa/Mastercard takes paypal.. right?
    Hugh Buchanan
    harveyopolis corporation
    userfriendly.com / killersecurity.com

Userfriendly yeah, planning on it . There are a few hoops to jump through for international users, but since I'm Canadian & do what PayPal considers to be high volume, its just a matter of updating some details with my CC company. I suppose I should get around to doing that - 1.5% cashback too . FWIW, its only people who take mastercard that it would be true for, but thats just a nitpick.
    » OmegaSphere - http://www.omegasphere.net/
    » Vancouver co-location, Managed Services, Shared Hosting, SSL Certificates, Domain Names
    » Your IT Experts - Located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada
    » 604-618-0543 - 866-618-0543 - support@omegasphere.net