Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    WWW
    Posts
    314

    Your favour search engine?... not Google again...

    Google.com - my general place to search.
    Altavista.com - an alternative way if i want some differ results.
    Dogpile.com - another flavour, just like that slogan "all results, no mess".

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    I'm right behind you.
    Posts
    1,143
    heheh

    Google.com
    Yahoo.com
    dmoz.org
    Findtutorials.com

    Cheers!
    Marketing For Hosting Companies:

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    657
    Google rocks!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    1,944
    I have used google and yahoo. I haven't used else.
    I choose not to use my signature for advertising.

    It doesn't matter how much you claim how important your data is. If it's not backed up, it's not important.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,437
    Originally posted by determinist
    Dogpile.com - another flavour, j
    I'll take your word for it. Personally, I have no desire to find out what a dog pile tastes like!

    I guess you really would know when something tastes like s**t.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    657

    *

    I use dogpile 95% of the time and google the other 5%. I no longer use yahoo because they just don't get me the results I want, they never would let me add my site in (I went to the the deepest darkest part of their directory and they still wouldn't add it), and their 'takeover, stamp on name, and kill' strategy just isn't that appealing.
    Justin K.
    "Error: Keyboard not found. Press any key to continue."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    10
    doesnt yahoo still use google for the search engine part - they used to. I'm sure they add listings that pay them to the first though.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,354
    mine would be

    google.com
    inktomi
    alltheweb.com
    yahoo.com
    altavista.com
    directhit.com
    : CentminMod.com Nginx Menu Installer (Nginx 1.9, PHP-FPM 5.3-5.6 & 7.0-dev, MariaDB 5.5/10 + ngx_pagespeed) for CentOS
    : Centmin Mod Community Forums

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,437
    Yahoo is not truly a search engine. It is a directory, with listings classified by category. That usually produces more relevant results. However, Yahoo has not kept up, many of their listings are outdated and links broken, and it takes an act of Congress to get them to change a listing.

    After retrieving the results from a Yahoo search, you can click on Go To Web Page Matches, which will bring up results from Google using the same keywords


    There's some relevant stats at http://websnapshot.mycomputer.com/searchengines.html
    Techcellence - Business Specialists and Information Resource
    http://techcellence.net

    Information on selecting a host and other things related to an Internet presence at http://techcellence.net/information

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    WWW
    Posts
    314
    Originally posted by Duster

    I'll take your word for it. Personally, I have no desire to find out what a dog pile tastes like!

    I guess you really would know when something tastes like s**t.
    Lolz, you're putting it in a funny way..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    WWW
    Posts
    314
    Originally posted by JustinK
    I use dogpile 95% of the time and google the other 5%. I no longer use yahoo because they just don't get me the results I want, they never would let me add my site in (I went to the the deepest darkest part of their directory and they still wouldn't add it), and their 'takeover, stamp on name, and kill' strategy just isn't that appealing.
    Generally i find that dogpile is one of the best, nowsday i find that yahoo search , if they usually bring results from google, might as well i search at google, anyway it's just one single more alphabet to type..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    454
    altavista
    back from the dead

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    longboat key, fl
    Posts
    507
    dogpile
    google
    altavista
    yahoo

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    90
    Worldwide:
    google
    altavista

    Australia:
    anzwers

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,991

    Cool

    Google

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    1,113
    woof woof

    dogpile it is!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Lowlands
    Posts
    717
    Google by far ;-)

    It really is the best and I think nothing will come close in the near future...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    1,747
    Originally posted by Domenico
    Google by far ;-)

    It really is the best and I think nothing will come close in the near future...
    google all the way

    i used to use altavista.com before google was known... i was scared of google because it looked so simple yet now i know how powerful it is...

    altavista was cool cause i got used to the boolean expressions you could use in the search... so i made it specific so the results wouldn't have alot of crap on there

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    278
    Google! Definately the fastest one of the lot.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Downunder..
    Posts
    2,612

    *

    Google as well

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Colo Spgs, CO
    Posts
    32

    goto.com

    Goto.com, I know the people I search for their actually are related to the search terms. I hate wasting my time stomping through those site listings that are not realted at all to what I want!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    UK - Liverpool
    Posts
    2,169
    id have to say:

    Google and Altavista are the best IMHO

    i particularly like the way Google snapshots the page so that you can view it even if the web page is unavailable at time of search.

    although i give very high rating to Astalavista as it has helped me out of many a predicaments in the past, and those that know the site will know very well why!
    www.24y.co.uk - Fast Professional UK Web Hosting

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    174
    Google.com
    Dogpile.com
    Ananzi.co.za (local)

  24. #24
    Google

    Why? Because they're fast, don't have banner ads, provide accurate results. Google rules.
    Hostit365.com - Reliable Web Hosting with magical support
    cPanel #1 Web Hosting Control Panel Included
    WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print
    Now accepting PayPal™ - Click here to order now

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    United States of Walmart
    Posts
    687
    google.com

  26. Newsletters

    Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •