contabo (giga international)

i am customer with contabo (giga international)
    from 4 years and have from them about 3 or 4 vps and my balance on them about 145 euro
    and from 2 days they closed 2 vps from mine they say the got ddos attack
    and 1 of them back after 10 hours
    and the other one still offline cannot open it or use it for about 50 hours now and they say it is under ddos attack and they cannot do any thing for it they just can block it i mean they block my vps
    the question is how a network like contabo (giga international)
    cannot protect their customer and just block the vps and stopping my work for more than 2 days till the attack stop i donot know why this happen i am good with them always and thanks guys

Do you pay for DDoS protection? Or docontabo (giga international) offer any DDoS protection?
    If the answare is no, then you know why they can't do anything then take down your VPS.
    If you want other solutions than that, find a host that offer DDoS protection, but they often charge lot more per month then host that do not offer DDoS protection.
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)
    Powered by: Kimsufi, backed up by: Hetzner, DigitalOcean and Vultr.com
    Also using
    SolaDrive.com (56+ months), KnownHost.com (56+ months)

i can protect my self but they didnot let me do it they just blocked my vps

Quote Originally Posted by CenaOnline View Post
    i can protect my self but they didnot let me do it they just blocked my vps
    Depends on the level of ddos, you can really handle large scale ddos, even datacenter themselves. Null route of IP is one of the effective ways to protect entire network performance.
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

so if every customer on them got attacked they will block all their vps this is it ?

Arrow

i am customer with contabo (giga international)
    from 4 years and have from them about 3 or 4 vps and my balance on them about 145 euro
    and from 2 days they closed 2 vps from mine they say the got ddos attack
    and 1 of them back after 10 hours
    and the other one still offline cannot open it or use it for about 50 hours now and they say it is under ddos attack and they cannot do any thing for it they just can block it i mean they block my vps
    the question is how a network like contabo (giga international)
    cannot protect their customer and just block the vps and stopping my work for more than 2 days till the attack stop i donot know why this happen i am good with them always and thanks guys
    Dear CenaOnline,

please take note that our technical department is continous checking the VPS of our customers. If we register that a DDoS attack is launched on one of our server, we are forced to block the dedicated IP address to protect our other customers on the host system. Our company is always trying to solve such an issue as fast as possible. Nevertheless we have also to take care of our other customers. As soon as our technicians detact that the DDoS attack has stopped, the IP address of the VPS would be unblocked immediately again.

Unfortunately it is not possible to unblock the IP address of a VPS as long as the DDoS attack is running.

Thank you for your understanding,

Kate from Contabo

so why i pay money for i pay money to get block and waiting to unblocked till attack stop this is insane not logical

You may be lucky, if you're host i not doing things like that under a DDoS attack, your bandwidth can be used up really fast, and then you get a HUGE bill for bandwidth overusage.
    Maybe take some time to learn about how a DDoS attack works.
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)
    Powered by: Kimsufi, backed up by: Hetzner, DigitalOcean and Vultr.com
    Also using
    SolaDrive.com (56+ months), KnownHost.com (56+ months)

my bandwidth is unlimited

so why i pay money for i pay money to get block and waiting to unblocked till attack stop this is insane not logical
    it is to protect the other tenants on the node from the effect of your ddos, for example if the ddos is larger than 100mbps or 1gbps or whatever the node's port speed is, there's nothing that can be done.

you can't filter ddos if you're getting more ddos traffic than you can actually receive.

Your lucky to just get null route
    Many provider would only terminated your vps if u get ddos
    You not pay for ddos protected vps so don't expect contabo will do that , and second ddos attack can't be blocked by software. U are stupid if think can block it

Here is the problem. Your provider do not have unlimited money :-) You probably didn't read their hidden limitation.

This is the reason why we should not allow unlimited :-)
    Last edited by net; 03-06-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Unlimited you say? UNLIMITED? Explain.

Unlimited like Hostgator's unlimited, I guess. So completely unlimited like those HDDs that offer unlimited space and wallets that contain unlimited money. ;-)

ok i am tring to solve this problem with them they say i need a new copy of windows and will reinstall it for me for free i am happy they want to help me but i am not happy because my work stopped for 4 days till now and another vps today gone offline i donot know why i sent them from 3 min a message and waiting their replay giga international was the best for me i am with them for 4 years but this week for me with them like hell i see another 2 vps not opening with no reason i hope they take care of me and thanks for all the community wish you all good luck

the funny thing they banned me from their facebook page because i just said my vps is offline and i have in my balance on their company + 145.58 euro i donot know why this company going to be a bad service company so sad about that

I am pretty sure the max of traffic at Giga/Contabo is 40 Mbit/s, if that is exceeded for an amount of time they will take action

now contabo scam me on 3 vps the closed them and blocked all of my vps and scam me on about 170 euro and more and i got all pics for money and messages from them that they will refund money to my email but they scam me and didnot send any thing
    http://imageshack.us/a/img202/5372/hjhjjv.png

Lightbulb

now contabo scam me on 3 vps the closed them and blocked all of my vps and scam me on about 170 euro and more and i got all pics for money and messages from them that they will refund money to my email but they scam me and didnot send any thing
    http://imageshack.us/a/img202/5372/hjhjjv.png
    Dear community,
    Just a short statement as it really happened:
    Our customer CenaOnline has been attacked several times by dDoS with up to 2 Gbit/s. These attacks, however, were no trivial, 'little' DoS attacks. These attacks were massive ones, which require a lot of resources. Such large attacks cannot be launched by everyone. Depending on the intricacy of the attack and the resources of the attacker, it sometimes is impossible to block such dDoS attacks with current technology. In such cases, there is only one last resort: Not to block the attacking IP addresses (of which there might be myriad) but to block the attacked IP address.
    This is the last thing we would ever do, but the stability of our network for other customers must be maintained by all means.

Since these attacks reocurred permanently, we had no other choice than to cancel the whole contract with immediate effect.
    Of course we refunded his payments by PayPal: http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3...zeichnenfg.png
    So, the customer got all his money back from Contabo.

We are really sorry but for us, as a service provider, it is essential to guarantee the stability of our entire network.

Thank you for taking the time reviewing our point of view.

Kate from Contabo

Such large attacks cannot be launched by everyone
    Yes, yes, they can - anyone can get 10Gbit UDP/SYN attacks going in 5minutes with barely any server/IT knowledge.

2Gbit is nothing, almost every booter on the market does at least a gig with the vast majority doing 2Gbit/sec, all for a few bucks a month.

10Gbit/sec is a lot harder to get up to. While a few booters might get close, they don't survive long at all due to competition or whatever large pipe box they rooted getting TOS'd.

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Quote Originally Posted by contabo-K View Post
    Dear community,
    Just a short statement as it really happened:
    Our customer CenaOnline has been attacked several times by dDoS with up to 2 Gbit/s. These attacks, however, were no trivial, 'little' DoS attacks. These attacks were massive ones, which require a lot of resources. Such large attacks cannot be launched by everyone. Depending on the intricacy of the attack and the resources of the attacker, it sometimes is impossible to block such dDoS attacks with current technology. In such cases, there is only one last resort: Not to block the attacking IP addresses (of which there might be myriad) but to block the attacked IP address.
    This is the last thing we would ever do, but the stability of our network for other customers must be maintained by all means.

Since these attacks reocurred permanently, we had no other choice than to cancel the whole contract with immediate effect.
    Of course we refunded his payments by PayPal: http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3...zeichnenfg.png
    So, the customer got all his money back from Contabo.

We are really sorry but for us, as a service provider, it is essential to guarantee the stability of our entire network.

Thank you for taking the time reviewing our point of view.

Kate from Contabo

you lie again why you are tring to lie about the refunding and my the 3 vps that closed and u lost the data of it and it was just 1 vps that was attacked as your messages say and you didnot refund any thing to me it is a bity that company like you scam me and get a fake pic and say yes i refund