Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

200GB/month BW NEED NOW!

Ok I have to pay extra money everytime I exceed the maximum bandwidth thing for my current host and I'm paying over $400 and I just don't have enough money for that to maintain my website.

Anyone offering 200gb/montH?

or over
    I prefer "over 200gb" because I do get over 200gb/month.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

Do you plan to colocate or have the ISP provides the server?
      0 Not allowed!

Why don't you get a dedicated Cobalt? that server comes with a lot of bandwidth.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore
      0 Not allowed!

Colocate
    1U/1 Meg $500

Which includes 320 Gigs. If you want.
    Jason Silverglate jason [.at.] fortressitx.com
    DedicatedNOW Managed Dedicated Servers / | 1-973-572-1070 support ext for 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
    Celebrating 12 years in business! Privately Owned Datacenter metro NYC Dark Fiber Ring and more!
      0 Not allowed!

jayglate,

Is it based on 95th percentile or Average usage?
      0 Not allowed!

AVERAGE
    DedicatedNOW Managed Dedicated Servers / | 1-973-572-1070 support ext for 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
    Celebrating 12 years in business! Privately Owned Datacenter metro NYC Dark Fiber Ring and more!
      0 Not allowed!

hmm
    I don't excatly know what colocate is. May someone explain it to me?
      0 Not allowed!

There are basically three things that you can do:

1. Get a virtual/shared account where your account will be hosted with somebody else on the server (pretty sure nobody will offer you a shared account for 200GB+/mo of usage).

2. Rent a dedicated server where the whole server will be yours (no more sharing, all the resources are yours). Usually host will charge for the server rental fee and the bandwith usage ....

3. Get your own server (buy it, build it, etc) and co-locate the server into a good ISP/NOC. The host will usually charge for the space (every server takes up space) fee and bandwith usage ...

So, colocate a server and getting a dedicated server are almost identical ... For the former, you need to provide your own hardware and for the later, you will pay some montly fees (and setup fee) to cover for the server rental. Colocation might be cheaper for the long run but you need to pay a lot of money upfront ...

cheer,
      0 Not allowed!

Colocation is when you own the box and pay a company to put your box in their facility where you pay for the space/power/bandwidth you use for one low price.

This means you need to own the server first.

So a 1U server with 320GB Of bandwidth will cost you to colocated $500
    If you wanted a dedicated server where we own it and you rent it from us we can do

PIII 866
    256 Ram
    20GB HD
    320GB BW

$700 a month

But that INCLUDES the server.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Denny
    hmm
    I don't excatly know what colocate is. May someone explain it to me?
    Colocation is where you own your server and you put it in their network -- it's sometimes called "power, pipe and ping" because that's all you get.

I'm guessing you probably want to go with a dedicated server, ie renting a server from your network provider.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: 200GB/month BW NEED NOW!

Originally posted by Denny
    Ok I have to pay extra money everytime I exceed the maximum bandwidth thing for my current host and I'm paying over $400 and I just don't have enough money for that to maintain my website.

Anyone offering 200gb/montH?

or over
    I prefer "over 200gb" because I do get over 200gb/month.
    If you're only paying $400 a month for 200GB of transfer currently, I don't think you're going to find a much better deal anywhere else. The most you'd save is a couple dollars a month.
      0 Not allowed!

What he said. $2.00 per GB is a very fair price. IF that includes a dedicated box you are crazy if you think you find much better.

Best Regards,
      0 Not allowed!

I think efreeservers.com would be good for you Denny
      0 Not allowed!

I might be wrong, but I don't think Efreeservers owns the NOC.

If they are a client, then their clients are clients of a client of that NOC company.
      0 Not allowed!

lol, I forgot to mention that!
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com