hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Related Offers & Requests : Other Offers & Requests : 200GB/month BW NEED NOW!
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

200GB/month BW NEED NOW!

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Other Offers & Requests Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

200GB/month BW NEED NOW!

Ok I have to pay extra money everytime I exceed the maximum bandwidth thing for my current host and I'm paying over $400 and I just don't have enough money for that to maintain my website.

Anyone offering 200gb/montH?

or over
I prefer "over 200gb" because I do get over 200gb/month.

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond whats printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Hello,

Do you plan to colocate or have the ISP provides the server?

Old
Web Hosting Master

Why don't you get a dedicated Cobalt? that server comes with a lot of bandwidth.

DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Sponsored Links
Old
Doh!!

Colocate
1U/1 Meg $500

Which includes 320 Gigs. If you want.

Old
Web Hosting Master

jayglate,

Is it based on 95th percentile or Average usage?

Old
Doh!!

AVERAGE

Old

hmm
I don't excatly know what colocate is. May someone explain it to me?

Old
Complete Newbie

There are basically three things that you can do:

1. Get a virtual/shared account where your account will be hosted with somebody else on the server (pretty sure nobody will offer you a shared account for 200GB+/mo of usage).

2. Rent a dedicated server where the whole server will be yours (no more sharing, all the resources are yours). Usually host will charge for the server rental fee and the bandwith usage ....

3. Get your own server (buy it, build it, etc) and co-locate the server into a good ISP/NOC. The host will usually charge for the space (every server takes up space) fee and bandwith usage ...

So, colocate a server and getting a dedicated server are almost identical ... For the former, you need to provide your own hardware and for the later, you will pay some montly fees (and setup fee) to cover for the server rental. Colocation might be cheaper for the long run but you need to pay a lot of money upfront ...

cheer,

Old
Doh!!

Colocation is when you own the box and pay a company to put your box in their facility where you pay for the space/power/bandwidth you use for one low price.

This means you need to own the server first.

So a 1U server with 320GB Of bandwidth will cost you to colocated $500
If you wanted a dedicated server where we own it and you rent it from us we can do

PIII 866
256 Ram
20GB HD
320GB BW

$700 a month

But that INCLUDES the server.

Old
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
hmm
I don't excatly know what colocate is. May someone explain it to me?
Colocation is where you own your server and you put it in their network -- it's sometimes called "power, pipe and ping" because that's all you get.

I'm guessing you probably want to go with a dedicated server, ie renting a server from your network provider.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Re: 200GB/month BW NEED NOW!

Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
Ok I have to pay extra money everytime I exceed the maximum bandwidth thing for my current host and I'm paying over $400 and I just don't have enough money for that to maintain my website.

Anyone offering 200gb/montH?

or over
I prefer "over 200gb" because I do get over 200gb/month.
If you're only paying $400 a month for 200GB of transfer currently, I don't think you're going to find a much better deal anywhere else. The most you'd save is a couple dollars a month.

Old

What he said. $2.00 per GB is a very fair price. IF that includes a dedicated box you are crazy if you think you find much better.

Best Regards,

Old
Junior Guru

I think efreeservers.com would be good for you Denny

Old
Web Hosting Master

I might be wrong, but I don't think Efreeservers owns the NOC.

If they are a client, then their clients are clients of a client of that NOC company.

Old
Junior Guru

lol, I forgot to mention that!

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Sales and Promos Roundup - December 12, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-12-12 17:49:03
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – October 17, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-10-17 10:43:32
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - July 18, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-07-18 16:13:06
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – December 27, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:35
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – August 9, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:53