Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Microsoft Office 2013

I just bought Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 yesterday, and so far I think it's a great piece of work, the designs are nicer and I would highly recommend it

Has anyone else bought it? What do you guys think of it? Is it worth the price?

Since we are Microsoft Partners so got the chance to use this in beta versions and using the stable release since October Last Year, and its just simply great. The themes are beautifully modified and fast to load. Smooth transition of texts and smooth fonts views.

The entire things made it cool.

I have found bit odd with Outlook but now developed the habit of using it and found good and fast than previous version.

I've been contemplating the switch for a few days now... might have to give it a go.
    Doug
    Finance, Operations, and Business Executive

No need t say about the awesomeness of Office 2013. you must tryout the integration of Office 365 and skydrive.

I am accessing my one document via home office and at travel, without transfering the document.

Although it was available on Google Apps, But Office is incredible with more features.
    License Store LLC - Microsoft Partner Network Volume License Distributor
    Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 license on discounted prize.
    █ Please contact us for custom quotes.

Best ms office since 97, sleek fast, and it actually SHRUNK in size from previous release!

I have a huge problem with Office 2013, the license key is permanently bound to the single computer that it is being installed onto. This means that if you ever upgrade computers, you will never be allowed to transfer the license to the new machine.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Quote Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
    I have a huge problem with Office 2013, the license key is permanently bound to the single computer that it is being installed onto. This means that if you ever upgrade computers, you will never be allowed to transfer the license to the new machine.
    This. /10char.

Is that true, even though it's not oem? That's FU!

I tried Office 365. It's cool. I love its design a lot. I am planning to get the Home & Student 2013.

Been using Office 2013 for a while - Office365 is also excellent, and love the integration with that and my Windows Phone (7.5 and now 8).

A worthwhile upgrade if you're on 365, I'm not so sure I'd be willing to pay for a "single use" license however!
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

Agree, one license is for one machine. you can use that license for unlimited activation on that single machine.

Anyhow you can opt for Volume license which can activate several machines.

You don need a new license after system upgrade.

Do they provide any special early birds discount like their Windows 8?
    I would like to give it a try as well, just hope that it is not so resource hungry.

The thing that gets me is that with every release of software, people always complain about this... but it never happens.

I have never called a company and said I upgraded my computer and they not provide me with a code. Never.

Granted, I was not changing computers every two months though. For those computers I have TechNet. I love technet! lol

Anyway, the new office is great. On my machines I have from office 2007 to 2013 installed... when you are only doing business spreadsheets and letters, the version does not matter that much. The new features I'm sure are great for some (skydrive, etc).
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

I still have the MS office 2007 package and I'm more than happy with that at the moment, might upgrade some time down the line if I find out it offers more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan-1 View Post
    I still have the MS office 2007 package and I'm more than happy with that at the moment, might upgrade some time down the line if I find out it offers more.
    you better try Office 2013. you will be amazed to see something new.

Quote Originally Posted by (Stephen) View Post
    Best ms office since 97, sleek fast, and it actually SHRUNK in size from previous release!
    I agree.... still using the older one.

I'm running office 2013 and have been very happy with it so far. I would recommend it.
    HostVenom LLC | Premium Services | Chicago, IL
    Colocation | Dedicated Servers | KVM VPS | Custom Configurations
    Brandon M. | brandon @ hostvenom . com

Office 2010 here and plan to stay.
    AS395558

I've been thinking about upgrading after I've read good things and seeing tons of ads about it everywhere. I might have to upgrade and give it a go!
    ⚫⚪⚫⚪ Running your web hosting business has never been easier - Hostistic.com
    ⚫⚪⚫⚪ More Details coming soon!

Updated my wife's computer to Office 2013, but I'm still sitting on 2007. Go figure.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

I like Microsoft Office 2013, it is more advanced and i like the thingy when you type, its different.
    Best Regards / Melhores Cumprimentos,
    Bernardo Andrade
    Need a system Administrator?Contact me at email@bernardoa.pt
    Visit me at www.bernardoa.pt

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardoo View Post
    I like Microsoft Office 2013, it is more advanced and i like the thingy when you type, its different.
    Yes the way cursor moves is excellent and also the calculations in the excel. I just love that.

Its worth a try, it is proven that Microsoft is reliable and very easy to use. Indeed Microsoft office if worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteTurtle View Post
    I've been thinking about upgrading after I've read good things and seeing tons of ads about it everywhere. I might have to upgrade and give it a go!
    +1 agree. Microsoft also started publishing it to local newspaper.

Looks good. Will have to get it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast