hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : ENOM's problem with domain

Forum Jump

ENOM's problem with domain

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2001, 09:24 AM
Web Hosting Master

ENOM's problem with domain

I booked 5 domains from ENOM and 2 from Bulkregister. I hosted all the 7 domains on one server. But most of the time these 5 domain names are not resolving but the 2 which i booked from bulkregister are getting resolved. I send so many emails to enom but they are not responding. What should I do with these 5 domains cos they are of no user half of the time they down. What should I do now? I wont get the refund and can not book the domain from bulkregister because domains are already booked.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2001, 09:29 AM
Disabled

transfer them to another registrar like bulkregister.com or stargateinc.com

Old 06-07-2001, 09:31 AM
Web Hosting Master

Will they refund the money or not. First they have to delete from there servers and then only bulkregister will register the domain.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2001, 09:35 AM
Junior Guru

if i were you, i wouldn't register anything with bulkegister.com...err..california keyconnect!
www.keyconnect.com
it took them about 3 weeks to change 4 lines of information in my DNS file.

Old 06-07-2001, 09:46 AM
Web Hosting Master

Enom took three weeks to change one line
So do you think that Enom *****

Old 06-07-2001, 09:50 AM
Junior Guru

the best part about my experience with keyconnect(bulkregister) was that Gregg argued with me everytime I spoke with him about his ability/duty to change my info. If you are looking for a good registrar, try dotster.com , I keep hearing good things about them

Old 06-07-2001, 10:49 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Will they refund the money or not?

probably not

Old 06-07-2001, 12:26 PM
Web Hosting Master

Jolly, if your domains at enom are not resolving then you must be using their DNS services. If you change the DNS to point either directly to your host (and let them set up the domain), or to a service like http://mydns.com then you'll be fine.

Chicken

Old 06-08-2001, 02:33 AM
Web Hosting Master

chicken can you please tell me in detail about DNS service what can i do with it

Old 06-08-2001, 03:22 AM
Junior Guru

Re: ENOM's problem with domain

Quote:
Originally posted by jolly
I But most of the time these 5 domain names are not resolving but the 2 which i booked from bulkregister are getting resolved.
Most of time? Meaning sometimes it's resolving but most of the time not? I doubt this because I've never experienced this with Enom.

Or is it all the time not resolving?

My impression on Enom is that they are a great registrar and they offer free DNS service, domain and e-mail forwarding among others, that give you much flexibility what to do with your domain.

If your 5 domains registered at Enom were not resolving ALL the time that could only mean that you have the wrong nameservers on record. Login to your account at Enom and select the domain name/s you want to edit then go to "Configure host/mail records..." or "Select DNS servers..." Study carefuly the instructions on these pages and do what you want to do with your domain.

Old 06-08-2001, 03:36 AM
Web Hosting Master

Re: Re: ENOM's problem with domain

Hi,

I think i'm in the same position as you guy's. I use PowerPipe, an enom reseller. I have registered to domains with them. Now i have a dedicated server, so first i had to register my nameservers, which i did, well its been 24 hours. Well powerpipe were mean't to do it. My domain www.valuablehost.com, does not resolve now. It used to resolve to enom's start page. I haven't changed a nameserver yet, although when i try to add my name servers:

Name Server: ns.valuablehost.com
Name Server IP: 66.54.221.129
Secondary Name Server: ns2.valuablehost.com
Secondary Name Server IP: 66.54.221.130

It doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas !?!?!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mivo

Most of time? Meaning sometimes it's resolving but most of the time not? I doubt this because I've never experienced this with Enom.

Or is it all the time not resolving?

My impression on Enom is that they are a great registrar and they offer free DNS service, domain and e-mail forwarding among others, that give you much flexibility what to do with your domain.

If your 5 domains registered at Enom were not resolving ALL the time that could only mean that you have the wrong nameservers on record. Login to your account at Enom and select the domain name/s you want to edit then go to "Configure host/mail records..." or "Select DNS servers..." Study carefuly the instructions on these pages and do what you want to do with your domain.

Old 06-08-2001, 03:41 AM
Web Hosting Master

We should do something. It gives very bad impression to customers cos sometimes the domains are resolving and sometime they are not. I have send so many emails to enom but no response from there side.
MIVO if the name server are wrong and why they are resolving sometime and sometimes not. If nameservers are wrong then domains should not be resolved.
This is very ridiculous problem and there is no one to help.
Please suggest what do do

Old 06-08-2001, 03:46 AM
Web Hosting Master

Jolly i am in the same problem as you i have no idea what to do! AND I NEED MY DOMAIN UP A.S.A.P
Quote:
We should do something. It gives very bad impression to customers cos sometimes the domains are resolving and sometime they are not. I have send so many emails to enom but no response from there side.
MIVO if the name server are wrong and why they are resolving sometime and sometimes not. If nameservers are wrong then domains should not be resolved.
This is very ridiculous problem and there is no one to help.

Old 06-08-2001, 04:16 AM
Web Hosting Master

Hostexp we should do something. Clients are facing lot of problems. Its really disgusting cos sometimes names are resolving and sometimes they are not.
If there is some problem in name servers then why they are resolving sometimes

Hostexp what do you say?

Old 06-08-2001, 04:24 AM
Junior Guru

Quote:

Have you tried contacting this guy. He's their tech guy:
Billy Knott <billy.knott@enom.com>

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
DreamHost to Use eNom Reseller Platform to Manage Domain Business Web Hosting News 2013-07-31 15:08:12
eNom Readies One and Two-Character .ORG Domain Auction Web Hosting News 2013-04-01 13:31:57
eNom VP Chris Sheridan on New TLDs and the Hosting Business Whir Tv 2013-10-05 03:45:27
eNom Integrates New TLD Tool with Parallels Plesk for Hosts to Build Watchlists Web Hosting News 2013-01-29 14:54:00
SiteLock Partners with Wholesale Registrar eNom to Distribute Security Tools to Resellers Web Hosting News 2012-06-21 14:40:39