hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Colocation and Data Centers : Continuum Data Center 30 day review

Forum Jump

Continuum Data Center 30 day review

Reply Post New Thread In Colocation and Data Centers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 09:50 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Continuum Data Center 30 day review

We have been with Continuum for a little over 30 days now. This was our first foray into colocation after using LiquidWeb's dedicated servers for years.

We decided to go with an Onapp cloud and made the choice to purchase and colocate our hardware. We used Brian.Shin @ Bonavio.com (highly recommended) to buy our hardware from and chose Continuum as our data center of choice.

Our experience with Continuum's sales was very good and they were quick to answer any questions we had. The prices that they gave us were very good and they made me feel like they wanted my business.

Sales A+

Continuum's staff received, racked and cabled our equipment over the Christmas holiday. They then proceeded to install the OS on our servers, setup multiple vLans on our switch and setup the networks that we needed to meet Onapp's requirements. They also installed Open-E on our SAN and configured the SAN as per Onapp's recommendation. They even fixed a mix-up in which the Raid controller (and cache SSD Drive) was mistakenly placed in the backup server when it should have been placed in our SAN.

The entire setup was done between Christmas and New Years and when the New Year came around, I had a fully functional Onapp cloud.

Service and Support A+

You have to keep in mind that I have absolutely no experience in setting up server hardware and to configure a network that can handle the needs of my clients. Yet Continuum's remote hands were there the entire time instructing me on the process of setting up my equipment and I learned a lot from them. I was in North Carolina the entire time and they made my first landing in colocation a very smooth one.

Remote Hands A+

So at this point in time, I highly recommend Continuum for anyone needing affordable colocation services in the Chicago area. I think they are especially great for those, who are like me, first entering the colocation side of hosting.

Brian

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 09:55 PM
Community Liaison

Seems a good experience.

How is their network/power now? I've seen a lot of network/power problem last year?

It's Fully Managed and Secured. Ask us at sales @ jonesolutions.com .

Old 01-31-2013, 09:59 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by net View Post
Seems a good experience.

How is their network/power now? I've seen a lot of network/power problem last year?
It's been fine for me. I don't know about 2012 but I know there were some network issues in earlier years that I believe have been resolved since then. This knowledge is taken from reading reviews here on WHT.

I have not read of any power issues in their data center on these forums.

Brian

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 10:09 PM
Community Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianemwd View Post
It's been fine for me. I don't know about 2012 but I know there were some network issues in earlier years that I believe have been resolved since then. This knowledge is taken from reading reviews here on WHT.

I have not read of any power issues in their data center on these forums.

Brian
Good to hear.

Yes, we almost went with them for colocation until the network problem.

But I agree, they are giving us good price.

I might re-consider them by the end of this year though.

It's Fully Managed and Secured. Ask us at sales @ jonesolutions.com .

Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Thanks, Brian. You have a really nice setup and the Onapp team was great to work with, as always.

Thanks for selecting Continuum!

Tom

http://continuumdatacenters.com

Old 02-02-2013, 12:26 AM
Web Hosting Master

We have been with them since Aug for our Chicago location, always superb support and great network.

█ Email: Sales(at)StealthyHosting.com Phone: 253-880-1233

Old 02-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Instant Servers & Colocation

+1 for Continuum, amazing staff/management and a great network.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Disabled

+1 for Continuum. Mike, Robert and the whole NOC crew is very knowledgeable and is willing to help with just about anything. Never had any major network or power issues with them since April 2012

Old 02-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Web Hosting Master

I like very much seeing any quality independent data centers to get more business. I'm sure that Continuum would do the same or even better job for its customers, than most of the corporate data centers at 350 E Cermak. It is very important to get carriers inside the building however. This would add more value and will make the data center even better place to colocate! Excellent review Brian! Keep the good work guys!!!

24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Old 02-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Premium Member

You'll find yourself making more posts like this- Continuum is top notch. I've only had one major problem caused by a switch-neighbour, resolved as quickly as possible without hesitation. I'm at the 6 month mark and will be moving more of my systems there as existing contracts expire.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:47 PM

Data center

Nice to ready your views with them

They seem to be stable host currently