Question heard of supremehost.net?

anyone heard of supremehost.net?

http://www.supremehost.net

they got good prices, the dude there sent me a reply within a hour or so. He said:

We currently have 200+ resellers and host 2000+ domains all over the world.We in this business for over a year and working very hard to provide
    support and uptime to our clients.

Anyone know any other good hosts with, PHP, MySQL, Ensim?
      0 Not allowed!

I've never heard of them myself but some stuff doesn't quite jive for me. They claim to have a NOC in Houston, but the domain contact information is for a guy in Malaysia with a Yahoo email address. The affiliate banner ad on the bottom and the lack of public contact information is rather suspicious as well, especially for a company who allegedly is hosting over 2000 websites.

I'm not saying they're a bad host, because I've had no experience with them. I'm just saying that you should proceed with caution, should you proceed at all.
    Is Canada the best? Noo Doot Aboot It!
    "And on the eighth...day...God...created...Mankind. WHY WAS HE HAVING SUCH A BAD DAY?" -- Mick Foley
      0 Not allowed!

this what he said in the second email

Our data center is located in Houston, Texas, USA. We don't provide support
    via phone since our clients can't describe their problems properly via
    phone. However, as long as our clients use our support form, our team will
    respond within 15 min to an hour.
    He does seem to want to say how many dudes work ther, asked twice.
    Looking at Aussie Hosts.com.au now they are closer to where i work
      0 Not allowed!

I've never used them either but a couple things also caught my attention.

#1 Read the aformentioned data center info, bad grammar and poor spelling. Looks like it was done quickly

#2 "Any web site that uses a high amount of server resources (such as, but not limited to, CPU time, memory usage, and network resources) will be given the option to either pay additional fees (which will depend on the resources required), reduce the resources used to an acceptable level, or upgrade its service to a Dedicated Server plan."

Now there it says they'll give you a few options....however in that same paragraph there's this....

"Any web hosting account deemed to be adversely affecting server performance or network integrity will be shut down without prior notice."

So which is it? They give you the options or they just shut you down?

Might wanna ask about that. Might also ask how many clients they host on each server, for all anyone knows they could host all those ppl one 1 box.

Otherwise nothing else seems amiss with them but as always.... proceed with caution.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, lack of phone support isn't really a red flag... We don't offer it either, however our email and ticket center are manned 24/7 and AIM support is available approx half the day so phone support isn't needed.

Even if our servers go down we have a back up site and email address through our local ISP to get in touch with clients and vice versa.

However his avoiding telling how many ppl work for him is something to be cautious of. I can't think of any reason to hide that other than maybe he's a one man company. Not necessarily a bad thing but something to keep in mind.
      0 Not allowed!

OK checked out that Aussie place. Seems rather nice, contact info and even bios of the owners, phone support, everything seems to be there, except one thing...

"There are no excess data charges. Upon reaching the "soft" limits above you will be required to upgrade to a higher plan as necessary."

The smallest plan comes with 3 GB bandwidth, so if you end up needing 3.5 you have to pay another $5 to move up to the next plan as there are no options to purchase additional space and bandwidth.

Not a major thing, all in all they seem like a good company, just wanted to point out the upgrade thing as you may have overlooked it.
      0 Not allowed!

haven't heard of them... by the way, just wondering, what's good about ensim?
      0 Not allowed!

Nothing

Actually I have no clue, I'm a cPanel freak myself so never used Ensim.

Anyone else wanna give some opinions on that?
      0 Not allowed!

thanks xAngelx,

all my site are on ensim i love it, was using cobalt, i hated that.

You can try a demo on ensim at www.ensim.com

it's very easy to use

has majordomo build in and a file browser tool plus heaps more

and it come with phpmyadmin
      0 Not allowed!

So does cPanel

Bah I'd find that tough to get used to. Luckily I'll never have to as I don't plan on switching any of my servers to it hehe.
      0 Not allowed!