Question Anyone Use Myacen?

Newbie here, been reading a lot.
    Haven't found much of anything on Myacen, any experiances?

Myacen is a very well known user in these forums, and is highly regarded as a leader... I've never used their services, but have heard nothing but GREAT things about them.

Joe
    http://www.hostpc.com
    DirectAdmin servers for hosting, resellers and your dedicated needs.
    Hosting, Resellers, Dedicated Managed and Unmanaged servers
    Hosting since 11/98 - Specializing in DirectAdmin since 8/03

Thats good to here, I'm tired of looking. The prices seem low, but the FAQs were well written.

My second choice is FutureQuest , expensive compared to Myacen, but fast. I've seen mixed reviews of them. Using IPowerWeb now, no big complaints except for my site running slow. I know many people dislike them and I understand why. They're cheap all the way through. I thought I would try them anyway, I don't want another site with them

Either of the 2 you mention would be good choices. I either was or are a client of both.

Re: Anyone Use Myacen?

Originally posted by sagebrush
    Newbie here, been reading a lot.
    Haven't found much of anything on Myacen, any experiances?
    Haven't found much of anything? Have you looked at http://myacen.com/forums
    Domain Software, LLC.

••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

I read the forums on both. Myacen seems to good to be true...maybe I've been burned to many times

FutureQuest had some AOL email issues on their board, seems like it could have been handled better. It wasn't a FutureQuest problem actually, but I thought they should have coverd the basic stuff first. I wasn't impressed with the support on the forum concerning that matter. A small thing really. A common AOL problem that I have delt with in the past. I thought they over looked the obvious. It was the ISP all along...Duh

Thanks for the feed back, I'll try Myacen for my new site, can't beat the prices. The Myacen FAQs are great.

Originally posted by sagebrush
    Myacen seems to good to be true...
    We get alot of that believe it or not

Originally posted by hostpc.com
    and is highly regarded as a leader
    Don't know about that one Thanks for the comments.

On a side note we are working on a huge support site that will include vito's flash tutorials (that are going unused atm)
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Myacen seems to get good feedback (haven't seen anything bad I think).

I've been to their forums here and there and they look very big full of satisified people.

I don't think you'll be dissappointed with them, and if you were, I think they will refund your money within X days.
    What does one host say to the other? "(HostA) Want to go see a movie?" "(HostB) Sure, can your parents drive?"

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.

Myacen seems like a good choice, I'll post my experiances in a month or so. If, they turn out, I'll move a bunch of sites.

I use quite a few hosts, including both of those you mention. I've never had a problem with either.

Great, thanks for all the replies. Its nice to hear postives for a change. I should have the site finished in a week. I'm looking forward to trying a new host.

FutureQuest had some AOL email issues on their board, seems like it could have been handled better. It wasn't a FutureQuest problem actually, but I thought they should have coverd the basic stuff first. I wasn't impressed with the support on the forum concerning that matter. A small thing really. A common AOL problem that I have delt with in the past. I thought they over looked the obvious. It was the ISP all along...Duh
    I don't believe it's "obvious" to assume that AOL should be able to 'break the rules' by not sending notices to the receivers nor the senders of an email that they blocked via a bounce message or anything else of the sort. Nor obvious to resolve if AOL is unable to explain what is happening to the missing emails that are reported as missing for an unrealistic amount of time.

As AOL has _finally_ clarified, they were filtering the client's emails that were sent in due to a link to ezboard contained in the email and they were NOT notifying the receiver or the sender that the email had been dropped simply because it contained content they deemed useless -- in this case a link to a very public free message forum that thousands of people use for numerous and varying reasons.

Here's the clients latest post on the issue:
    It appears that the issue has been resolved - at least for now.

I'm posting this correspondence for everyone's record, and mostly for all the FQ staff as well. Thank you for all your help!

AOL Agent is Lee Hughes - Issue #468905 - Date: April 11, 2003

Client: What exactly was the problem and what IPs (if any) were involved?

AOL: The main problem was that one of the links in your newsletter was getting a lot of complaints. If a link shows up in enough complaint e-mails we will filter out mail with that URL in it. I've taken the link out of our filtered list so it shouldn't cause any more problems.

Client: What link are we talking about?

AOL: It was the ezboard link, but there shouldn't be a problem with it anymore. It's in a lot of e-mails that are complained about because it's a public message board page. I've made sure that it won't be put back on the list so you don't have to worry about that being a problem again.

Client: Did FutureQuest have to make any changes or was there a problem on their side?

AOL: No, we didn't need them to make any changes.

Client: How can I be sure this is a "one-time fix" and be assured that it won't happen again in the future?

AOL: As long as your newsletter doesn't get more complaints than the threshold there should be no problem.

Client: I need to be aware of the complaints that you are referring to since it heavily impacted on my site and business. Can you please be specific as this may aid me in avoiding this problem in the future.

AOL: That's not a problem, if you can set up a mailbox that we can send complaints to I can get a complaint feedback loop up and running. This way every time a user hits the "This is Spam" button for one of your e-mails we will forward that e-mail back to the address you specify. When we send it back we strip the "To:" line from the header so you will need some unique identifier in the e-mail. (i.e. the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message) This way you can take those people that are complaining off of your list and avoid the dynamic block those complaints will cause.

Client: I'm also curious as to why I never received "bounces" alerting me that my newsletter wasn't going through to begin with?

AOL: When mail is filtered by our systems we don't send a bounce message, we only send bounces if we refuse delivery.
    I am responding to this now because a) I do believe FutureQuest did what they could with a problem that was, and remains, beyond our control, b) the issue was with no other ISP than AOL, c) the problem may never be resolved since AOL certainly is, and has the ability to continue, blocking/dropping emails into the abyss if they contain content AOL deems unworthy, d) AOL is not making notifications to anyone that may need these notices to understand why their email in or outgoing is being lost and e) so other providers are again reminded that these types of issues exist and by no means is it specific to the company or servers.

If it takes the receiving ISP a MONTH to clarify what is happening... then we are bound by that time frame to understand it.

FWIW - We didn't like the way it was handled either... I assume we're just disgruntled with the company that was causing the problem rather than the one 'blamed for it'
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

hi myacen prices look good they took a day to get one of my 6 sites up. After tha tthe said I was verified.

i then bought 5 more like 16 hours ago and they are not up.

this is basically the only problem I have had.

these sites are very urgent to me and nothing is up yet.

just my 2 cents!

erik

Re: Re: Anyone Use Myacen?

Originally posted by flitcher
    Have you looked at http://myacen.com/forums
    And the forums are open to the public now too!
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by cr-hosting
    hi myacen prices look good they took a day to get one of my 6 sites up. After tha tthe said I was verified.

i then bought 5 more like 16 hours ago and they are not up.

this is basically the only problem I have had.

these sites are very urgent to me and nothing is up yet.

just my 2 cents!

erik
    Our billing department manually verifies each account which we state can take up to 24 hours. However I see our tech support team has been keeping you up to date on the situation

Re: Re: Re: Anyone Use Myacen?

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    And the forums are open to the public now too!
    Yes for a couple months now

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone Use Myacen?

Originally posted by coight
    Yes for a couple months now
    I must have missed the memo.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

yes they have and I am grateful about it. i was told after the intial buy, it would take a couple of hours.

im just worried I need these sites up
    other than that everything looks good.