Square-Network.com

Does anyone know what the status of Square-Network.com is today?

They seem fine. What issues are you facing ?
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

Been getting server errors all morning on a site I help out with.

Did you try contacting them?
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

Being they don't have a support desk or forum, you'll have to try and email them support@square-network.com

Love their TOS page. I see a couple "red flags."
    Last edited by Curtis H.; 03-16-2003 at 02:06 PM.

There was a problem with a few sites that were not accessible via the web and apache wasn't restarting. Web and all other services are back up. I started working on the problem as soon as it happened. The problem was in a bug in Tomcat. There was an bug with Tomcat's documentation and default configuration files. Tomcat reference configuration files use a log level of "warn". This is not a valid log level so it reverts to "debug" logging any URI request. This leads to extremely large log files that eat up all the space on a partition and results in apache failing. The log file grows to 2 GB because tomcat logs aren't rotated.

I have fixed the problem and have made changes so that this will not happen in the future.

Our help desk will be available again later this week, probably by tomorrow. Our old help desk was buggy and personally I didn't care for the tracking methods that it had.

Any emails that came into support@square-network.com in regards to this issue were responded to within 15 minutes.

Curtis, you're more than welcome to email me at chris(at)square-network.com with whatever "red flags" you see in our TOS. I think it's very customer oriented, while still protecting the company against unlawful use or questionable conduct. If there is wording that is suspect or unclear then please let me know.

The only "red flags" I see are ones geared towards anyone wanting to spam or take part in any illegal activity on my company's boxes.
    Last edited by Coach; 03-16-2003 at 02:31 PM.
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

7. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com