hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Square-Network.com

Forum Jump

Square-Network.com

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Square-Network.com

Does anyone know what the status of Square-Network.com is today?

Sponsored Links
Old
Retired Moderator

They seem fine. What issues are you facing ?

Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Been getting server errors all morning on a site I help out with.

Sponsored Links
Old
Retired Moderator

Did you try contacting them?

Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

Old
Disabled

Being they don't have a support desk or forum, you'll have to try and email them support@square-network.com

Love their TOS page. I see a couple "red flags."

Last edited by Curtis H.; 03-16-2003 at 02:06 PM.
Old
Web Hosting Master

There was a problem with a few sites that were not accessible via the web and apache wasn't restarting. Web and all other services are back up. I started working on the problem as soon as it happened. The problem was in a bug in Tomcat. There was an bug with Tomcat's documentation and default configuration files. Tomcat reference configuration files use a log level of "warn". This is not a valid log level so it reverts to "debug" logging any URI request. This leads to extremely large log files that eat up all the space on a partition and results in apache failing. The log file grows to 2 GB because tomcat logs aren't rotated.

I have fixed the problem and have made changes so that this will not happen in the future.

Our help desk will be available again later this week, probably by tomorrow. Our old help desk was buggy and personally I didn't care for the tracking methods that it had.

Any emails that came into support@square-network.com in regards to this issue were responded to within 15 minutes.

Curtis, you're more than welcome to email me at chris(at)square-network.com with whatever "red flags" you see in our TOS. I think it's very customer oriented, while still protecting the company against unlawful use or questionable conduct. If there is wording that is suspect or unclear then please let me know.

The only "red flags" I see are ones geared towards anyone wanting to spam or take part in any illegal activity on my company's boxes.

Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

Last edited by Coach; 03-16-2003 at 02:31 PM.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Square Plans to Grow Small Business Capital Arm After Victory Park Capital Investment Web Hosting News 2014-08-19 16:58:15
CloudFlare Quietly Raises $50M to Fund International Expansions Web Hosting News 2013-12-17 10:21:58
Cologix Building 15,000 Square Foot Data Center in Vancouver Web Hosting News 2013-08-01 15:54:20
Server Farm Realty Opens Massive Data Center in Chicago Web Hosting News 2013-06-11 11:38:04
Windstream Hosted Solutions to Build Massive Data Center in Durham Web Hosting News 2012-12-18 16:23:47