View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with the current state of WHT?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Satisfied

26 25.74%
  • Satisfied

27 26.73%
  • Neutral - Neither Satisfied or Unsatisfied

27 26.73%
  • Unsatisfied

12 11.88%
  • Very Unsatisfied

9 8.91%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    Note that you can exclude the advertising forums from search results via the drop down next to the search box at the top ^^ , if that helps
    DOH! Thanks for bringing that up. I completely missed it!
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
    Is it? I try to keep the WHT Insider as informal as possible. I think we do keep it quite informal on a regular basis.

By "informal" in this thread, I mean that we're not dissecting metrics like iNET does when they run a poll.
    Alright, fair enough, we will consider WHT Insider as informal. However, now it's on WHT official twitter, and on the WHT google+ page. Those aren't really informal?

Tbh, I have a feeling iNet asked you post this after they saw the posts in the Premium section, but since I have no proof, we will leave it out for now.
    Don't get me wrong, I love that your asking for feedback, but how informal is this thread with all the recent events, the poster, and all the methods on which it was communicated at?
    Last edited by ArtieT; 01-09-2013 at 05:35 PM.

- Nexus Bytes LLC- Ryzen powered NVME VPS and web hosting, packed with perks and love!
    - Entry Bytes - Affordable VPS Cheap quality
    - USA (NYC | Miami | LA) | Europe (London, UK | Naaldwijk, NL) | Asia Pacific (Singapore | Japan | Australia)

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    Note that you can exclude the advertising forums from search results via the drop down next to the search box at the top ^^ , if that helps
    DOH! Thanks for bringing that up. I completely missed it!
    Oh I LOVE that change! any chance this can be added for looking at "new post" too?
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

Quote Originally Posted by RSS-Artie View Post
    Alright, fair enough, we will consider WHT Insider as informal. However, now it's on WHT official twitter, and on the WHT google+ page. Those aren't really informal?

Tbh, I have a feeling iNet asked you post this after they saw the posts in the Premium section, but since I have no proof, we will leave it out for now.
    Don't get me wrong, I love that your asking for feedback, but how informal is this thread with all the recent events, the poster, and all the methods on which it was communicated at?
    You can search this forum for similar threads started by me. This is nothing new. The fact that it coincides with something else on your mind is just that, coincidence. And the fact that iNET did not ask me to start this topic is another reason it says "Informal".

Take it for what it is. Or have fun trying to read whatever you want to read into it.

I'm here for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleH View Post
    Oh I LOVE that change! any chance this can be added for looking at "new post" too?
    Thanks, Michelle! Hadn't even thought of it. Let's see what dev has to say about it.

Thanks, Michelle! Hadn't even thought of it. Let's see what dev has to say about it.
    I hope they can!
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

What would you suggest for # posts? 250 sounds reasonable to me.
    Maybe 400. It would balance with the 180 days.

It gives the individual time to mature within the community...although there are some that have have a few thousand posts and still getting into trouble

If your a host or running a business and haven't figured out certain basics by day 180...

Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post

although there are some that have have a few thousand posts and still getting into trouble
    That would be me! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by stablehost View Post
    That would be me! ;-)
    I am still #winning.
    - Nexus Bytes LLC- Ryzen powered NVME VPS and web hosting, packed with perks and love!
    - Entry Bytes - Affordable VPS Cheap quality
    - USA (NYC | Miami | LA) | Europe (London, UK | Naaldwijk, NL) | Asia Pacific (Singapore | Japan | Australia)

Quote Originally Posted by SeriesN View Post
    I am still #winning.
    You like attention, don't you?

Seems to have died then. 345,000 members and that's it? Poor...

Quote Originally Posted by ServerCubes View Post
    Seems to have died then. 345,000 members and that's it? Poor...
    I wonder how many of them accounts are stale or only been logged into once for a review.
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

No idea, just a bit dis-appointed that there was not more to say from others, seem like the same people all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerCubes View Post
    No idea, just a bit dis-appointed that there was not more to say from others, seem like the same people all the time.
    I'm thinking that future polling should include public voting. I think a log of who voted what would be good for clarity. It'd make all votes worth a bit more.

I voted unsatisfied but there's no need to comment further since all my dissatisfaction that pops up immediately to my head are already mentioned. I hope improvements are made soon, especially with the bunch of valuable advices given.

I'm happy now that action has been taken against the fake/paid/sponsored reviews in the VPS section and the flagrant sig-flashing from those same hosts. Good job! Hope it doesn't get out of hand again when some specific people's bans are up though, thanks!
    Zac Cogswell / CEI
    Formerly known as WiredTree Zac

I votes unsatisfied.

Reasons:

1. Very oldish design. New and more modern skins should be installed.

2. Too many forum sections. I think some should be merged with some others in order to have a smaller but yet a more compact forum.

Quote Originally Posted by aselmani View Post

2. Too many forum sections. I think some should be merged with some others in order to have a smaller but yet a more compact forum.
    Which forums would you merge?

I voted satisfied because on the whole WHT is a great community resource for hosts and clients alike.

I would like to see a separate forum for hosting reviews with sub-forums for the types of hosting being reviewed. Controversially, to cut down on sig-flashing, I think sig links should be banned and all linked adverts should be in the advertising forum.

I am the 100th 'voter' and voted 'satisfied'. WHT had been a great place for webhosts, service providers and customers to meet, share and evaluate services/products.

However, I would suggest including separate sections for "Find a Server Management Company", "Find a website design and SEO company" just like "Find a Host" section. WHT just has a wiki for technical support companies as of now.
    █ WebHostRepo.com
    █ Linux | Windows
    | VPS | Cloud
    █ Outsourced Technical Support since 2009
    █ sales@webhostrepo.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234