reliable, non-US, managed dedicated server?

can anyone recommend a non-US, managed dedicated server?

reliability and speed to US is important. Thanks a lot.
    Best Credit Card Offers: http://www.best-card.com

Just out of curiosity, if speed and reliability to the US is important, why would you opt for a non-US server ? A US one would give you the best speed to the US since it is already in the US, unless I am missing something here.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Originally posted by eddy2099
    Just out of curiosity, if speed and reliability to the US is important, why would you opt for a non-US server ? A US one would give you the best speed to the US since it is already in the US, unless I am missing something here.
    Not everyone wants everything from the US

For the poster ...

What country in specific are you looking for dude, I might can help you with a couple of European hosts.

Im looking for a good host in europe too, but they're all too costly for what they offer in comparison to the USA.

Things are somewhat more expensive in Europe than it is in the US. When you're talking about hosting then bandwidth can be more costly, as can colocation costs and hardware.
    hosting53.com - the hosting solutions company

Brazil Dedicated

Would you be interested in a Brazil based box? Tell me more about your needs.

Bye

Originally posted by ice53ltd
    Things are somewhat more expensive in Europe than it is in the US. When you're talking about hosting then bandwidth can be more costly, as can colocation costs and hardware.
    if bandwidth is more costly in the europe, how do those damned warez ppl cope with a few hundred gigs of transfer per day?

cybotix: don't get me wrong, you can find places in Europe where b/w is very cheap. But what you won't find is European equivalents of RackShack offering 300-500Gb of transfer for $99.

As for the warez... I think you might wanna take a closer look at some of the European universities. Some are major Internet hubs.

Originally posted by ice53ltd
    cybotix: don't get me wrong, you can find places in Europe where b/w is very cheap.
    how cheap? :p

As for the warez... I think you might wanna take a closer look at some of the European universities. Some are major Internet hubs.
    oh i see... i've never met someone who's really into warez stuff, so didn't know

cybotix: If you go to some of the big datacentres in Europe who've been bought up by investors following the collapse/withdrawl of companies such as Exodus, and are willing to commit to atleast 10Mbps you could find yourself getting premium bandwidth for about 0,80 Euros per Gb.

If you opted for lower quality transit you can get it for 0,40 Euros per Gb.

It all depends on how much you're billing to buy :-p

best-card,

the best thing to do would be to post a message in the "web hosting requests" forum on this site. State clearly exactly what you're after, the price range you're interested in, and ask for sample IPs to ping/traceroute. Companies aren't allowed to directly post details of their offerings in this forum, so the web requests is better if you're after specific quotes

~robin
    Robin Balen
    Gyron Internet Ltd - http://gyron.net/
    UK colocation, managed hosting and connectivity services with 100% uptime SLAs

Re: reliable, non-US, managed dedicated server?

Originally posted by best-card
    can anyone recommend a non-US, managed dedicated server?

reliability and speed to US is important. Thanks a lot.
    Try http://prioritycolo.com. They're based out of Canada and have lots of great reviews.