hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Software and Control Panels : back up data in Cpanel

Forum Jump

back up data in Cpanel

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Software and Control Panels Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 01:46 AM

back up data in Cpanel

i have back up my data in cpanel. how to restore data in cpanel?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 01:52 AM
Community Liaison

/scripts/restorepkg username .

If you do not have root access, you need to access your provider to restore it for you.

It's Fully Managed and Secured. Ask us at sales @ jonesolutions.com .

Old 01-03-2013, 05:26 AM
Temporarily Suspended

The easiest Way is to Contact Your Web Hosting Provider. They Will Help you in this.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 10:32 AM
WHT Addict

If this is a full backup then it can be restored by the root user only.

If this is just home or database backup you can do this yourself.

If you are changing host, give the download link of full backup to your new provider to create/restore the cpanel account on new server.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by septi View Post
If you do not have a root access of your server then you can not restore it from cPanel. You will have to ask your hosting provider to restore it for you.

If you have root access then you can put the backup file at one of the following locations of your server and restore from WHM:

/home, /home2, /home3, /root, /usr, /usr/home, /web

Old 01-04-2013, 06:09 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Post Restoring cPanel data from backup

Quote:
Originally Posted by septi View Post
Depending on if you did a full cPanel account backup, or a partial home directory backup, and what data you're wanting to restore, the steps will be a bit different.

If you have a full cPanel backup, chances are you have a file similar to: cpmove-userna5.tar.gz

As others have mentioned, if you wanted to simply do a full restore of all website files, email accounts and data, MySQL databases, and cPanel settings, you'd want to restore the package as the root user on the server using the following command:

Code:
/scripts/restorepkg /home/cpmove-userna5.tar.gz
Typically before doing this though, if the cPanel account still exists on the server, it would need to be terminated from the server so there are no conflicts. This is accomplished with the command:

Code:
/scripts/killacct userna5
Or you'd need to force the package restore, which isn't as clean of a restore process. This can be accomplished with the command:

Code:
/scripts/restorepkg /home/cpmove-userna5.tar.gz --force
If you have a full cPanel backup, and you'd simply like to restore select files such as your /public_html/index.htm file back into your account, this can be accomplished by this series of commands:

Code:
tar xvzf /home/cpmove-userna5.tar.gz
cd /home/cpmove-userna5
tar xvf homedir.tar
cp -frp /home/cpmove-userna5/public_html/index.htm ~userna5/public_html/
If you don't have root access on the server, you can extract the backup file locally, then just FTP up the files you need restored.

If you instead have a partial home directory backup, you can extract it and get the select files you need. Or in cPanel under the Files section, click on Backups, and then click on Restore a Home Directory Backup, and finally Upload.

Or just upload your backup file to the server, then contact your web host letting them know the location of the backup, and what files you'd like restored from it.

- Jacob