What is meaning of local optimized content

Dear Mates,
    Can you give me idea about local optimized content, what should they consist, and how to maintain best quality with it.
    "I was reading a post about optimizing site for local business" in that I found above term.
    Please give your reply relating to small businesses.

Mostly it is used for country targeted visitors. Examples are: currency, language, prices, etc.
    NetDynamics LLC - One-stop Solution for Hosting Needs
    We love Backups! Backup storage for your server backups

It would be having content specific for your area. For instance if your company is in Chicago, Illinois you would have content relevant to Chicago. It might be how you have the best company in Chicago, or different companies around Chicago etc

You are basically optimizing the content around your local area, so you should include local keywords in your content.

Local SEO is defined as having your website to come up in the search engines when people use GEO targeted keywords to find local businesses. For example if you have a local pet sitting business in Fort Lauderdale then most of your customers will be people living in the Fort Lauderdale area that are in need of pet sitting services. With global search engine optimization you probably would optimize your site for keywords such as "pet sitters". But with local search engine optimization you would go after keywords such as "pet sitters Fort Lauderdale". This keyword phrase is far more specific to your business and will generate more targeted customers in your area.
    Local SEO is just like standard SEO, where relevant and compelling content is crucial. The next thing that is very important is making sure that proper local keyword research is done. Not all keywords have the search volume necessary for optimization.
    Crystone.com
    Providing VPS Hosting | Dedicated Server Hosting | SEO Hosting | Web Hosting | Domain Names | Shared Hosting | Co-Location since 1997.
    facebook.com/Crystone#!/CrystoneGlobal | twitter.com/crystonemedia | youtube.com/user/CrystoneGlobal

Well, if you want to optimize your site for any location/country for say the UK, then you have to do SEO based on that country, you have to do link building using .co.uk sites for better result.

Here is an article I found that would help you understand Local SEO better

http://www.business2community.com/se...market-0352657

Hope this helps