hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : Looking for a better vps hosting for ragnarok online server

Forum Jump

Looking for a better vps hosting for ragnarok online server

Reply Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Thumbs up

Looking for a better vps hosting for ragnarok online server

Well hello, i am a ragnarok developer, also having a small vps company, i just need a help, last few months ago, i was hosted at budgetvm.com, well their service is good, but it only has a i think it was 3 weeks then your server will become lag -.-'' i just need a stable vps hosting where i can host my all ragnarok servers,

5$ for 1gb of ram or 512mb will be okay trust me.
a vps that good for asia, philippines!
I just need your help guys! thank you

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Sponsored Links
Old
Premium Member

If you want a better chance of a higher quality server you may want to increase your budget for more than $5 per 1GB. maby 8 - $10 and you will start getting better providers.

Old
Snoork Hosting

You are looking for a stable 1 GB VPS for $5 a month? I'm sorry to tell you but you have to increase your budget if you are looking for a quality provider.

Sponsored Links
Old
We Love XenŽ Hypervisor

Why don't you just host on server located in Asia region if you target asia or philippine?
$5 for 1GB, I'll not expect too much on the quality, honestly.

Old

well you can visit their website, budgetvm.com and another cheap vps hosting, volumedrive.com

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhost-VPS View Post
Why don't you just host on server located in Asia region if you target asia or philippine?
$5 for 1GB, I'll not expect too much on the quality, honestly.
anyway, i was satisfied at volumedrive.com, but there are many times of vps rebooting, i don't know why, i think it should be 5 - 10 minutes before you can log in your vps again.

Old
Disabled

US$5 for 1GB RAM VPS... I'm sorry to say you're living in a dream world.

HK is about as cheap a place as can be for Asia based hosting (including VPS) but even here, you would be looking at US$$20 + for 1GB RAM. Our 1GB RAM VPS is US$45 /month... though most of that is actually for the bandwidth cost.. but you get the picture.

Old
Premium Member

game servers = premium network + great hardware stability

on top of that if you need lag-free experience in Phillipine, you might need to see somewhere in APAC region, $5 is not gonna get you anywhere.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

You really need to look at how many people connect, a good hard disc (possibly SSD, not just space requirements), and I'm guessing it runs on MySQL or MSSQL? so you would need a minimum of 2GB-4GB for a low population server.

Do you need Linux or Windows VPS?

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo | TMZhosting View Post
You really need to look at how many people connect, a good hard disc (possibly SSD, not just space requirements), and I'm guessing it runs on MySQL or MSSQL? so you would need a minimum of 2GB-4GB for a low population server.

Do you need Linux or Windows VPS?
well for ragnarok server, you don't need to have a higher ram, 512mb can hold 100 players, i just need a 512mb ram for a cheap prize

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoexdeath05 View Post
well for ragnarok server, you don't need to have a higher ram, 512mb can hold 100 players, i just need a 512mb ram for a cheap prize
What is your player based country ?

Old
Disabled

How much bandwidth do you need actually? 512MB for $5 is generally 'impossible', but you never know, sometimes people feel generous... Though I'm not sure how one would go about expressing their generosity on WHT given 'offers' are forbidden lol.

Old

well i will try burst.net, any suggestion for this hosting company?

Old
Temporarily Suspended

Same as any budget provider. Not really suitable for gaming servers.

Old
WHT Addict

From what I remember, Ragnarok Online is very susceptible to latency, especially when you get hundred or more players.

That said - isn't having a Ragnarok Online server kind of on the .. legally questionable side of things? Sure, you can run eA, but to connect to it, you need to provide a patched official client, which Gravity forbids ..
Or did things change in the last 2 years?