Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Looking for a better vps hosting for ragnarok online server

Well hello, i am a ragnarok developer, also having a small vps company, i just need a help, last few months ago, i was hosted at budgetvm.com, well their service is good, but it only has a i think it was 3 weeks then your server will become lag -.-'' i just need a stable vps hosting where i can host my all ragnarok servers,

5$ for 1gb of ram or 512mb will be okay trust me.
    a vps that good for asia, philippines!
    I just need your help guys! thank you

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

If you want a better chance of a higher quality server you may want to increase your budget for more than $5 per 1GB. maby 8 - $10 and you will start getting better providers.

You are looking for a stable 1 GB VPS for $5 a month? I'm sorry to tell you but you have to increase your budget if you are looking for a quality provider.

Why don't you just host on server located in Asia region if you target asia or philippine?
    $5 for 1GB, I'll not expect too much on the quality, honestly.

well you can visit their website, budgetvm.com and another cheap vps hosting, volumedrive.com

Quote Originally Posted by chhost-VPS View Post
    Why don't you just host on server located in Asia region if you target asia or philippine?
    $5 for 1GB, I'll not expect too much on the quality, honestly.
    anyway, i was satisfied at volumedrive.com, but there are many times of vps rebooting, i don't know why, i think it should be 5 - 10 minutes before you can log in your vps again.

US$5 for 1GB RAM VPS... I'm sorry to say you're living in a dream world.

HK is about as cheap a place as can be for Asia based hosting (including VPS) but even here, you would be looking at US$$20 + for 1GB RAM. Our 1GB RAM VPS is US$45 /month... though most of that is actually for the bandwidth cost.. but you get the picture.

game servers = premium network + great hardware stability

on top of that if you need lag-free experience in Phillipine, you might need to see somewhere in APAC region, $5 is not gonna get you anywhere.

You really need to look at how many people connect, a good hard disc (possibly SSD, not just space requirements), and I'm guessing it runs on MySQL or MSSQL? so you would need a minimum of 2GB-4GB for a low population server.

Do you need Linux or Windows VPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Bo | TMZhosting View Post
    You really need to look at how many people connect, a good hard disc (possibly SSD, not just space requirements), and I'm guessing it runs on MySQL or MSSQL? so you would need a minimum of 2GB-4GB for a low population server.

Do you need Linux or Windows VPS?
    well for ragnarok server, you don't need to have a higher ram, 512mb can hold 100 players, i just need a 512mb ram for a cheap prize

Quote Originally Posted by neoexdeath05 View Post
    well for ragnarok server, you don't need to have a higher ram, 512mb can hold 100 players, i just need a 512mb ram for a cheap prize
    What is your player based country ?

How much bandwidth do you need actually? 512MB for $5 is generally 'impossible', but you never know, sometimes people feel generous... Though I'm not sure how one would go about expressing their generosity on WHT given 'offers' are forbidden lol.

well i will try burst.net, any suggestion for this hosting company?

Same as any budget provider. Not really suitable for gaming servers.

From what I remember, Ragnarok Online is very susceptible to latency, especially when you get hundred or more players.

That said - isn't having a Ragnarok Online server kind of on the .. legally questionable side of things? Sure, you can run eA, but to connect to it, you need to provide a patched official client, which Gravity forbids ..
    Or did things change in the last 2 years?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast