Thread: BurstNET Review

BurstNET Review

Alright, I have been on this forum for quite sometime. I have seen quite a bit of negative reviews about BurstNET that just boggle my mind. I have been using burstNET myself as my dedicated server provider for about 3 years now without any issues so I'm just in awe as to the reviews I've seen.

But now to the real reason why I'm writing this review...I'm completely impressed. Anytime I have an issue that I cannot solve myself, they have no problem fixing the issue on top of what went wrong. They deserve a lot more credit then they get.

I just submitted a support request because I was unable to access one of my servers via root and not only did they answer my ticket within 7 minutes of submitting it but they fixed the problem within 30 minutes and they let me know what went wrong - on a weekend nonetheless. That to me is quite impressive. I have never ever had any other provider that has been able to do that or even provide proper support. I have been through quite a few that just couldn't even handle Shoutcast Streaming but BurstNET's network has no issue whatsoever and let me tell you we go through a lot of freakin' bandwidth that any other provider would charge an arm and leg for. Now I'm just blabbering but I just had to write this review after Patrick Andrews answered my ticket in a timely manner on top of resolving the issue. To conclude my bit of a rant review, thank you BurstNET for the hard work, pricing, and great support you have given me in my years with you.

Ticket Details
    Ticket ID: 3462722
    When Created: 11-25-2012 - 06:14AM
    Elapsed Time: 25 minutes
    Since Last Action: 12 minutes
    Hostcrate.com - Shoutcast Streams & Web Hosting
    █ Custom Streams Available - Contact me - We're in Second Life Too!
    Real Quality - Real Support - Real Affordable since 2008!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HostcrateCEO View Post
    Alright, I have been on this forum for quite sometime. I have seen quite a bit of negative reviews about BurstNET that just boggle my mind. I have been using burstNET myself as my dedicated server provider for about 3 years now without any issues so I'm just in awe as to the reviews I've seen.

But now to the real reason why I'm writing this review...I'm completely impressed. Anytime I have an issue that I cannot solve myself, they have no problem fixing the issue on top of what went wrong. They deserve a lot more credit then they get.

I just submitted a support request because I was unable to access one of my servers via root and not only did they answer my ticket within 7 minutes of submitting it but they fixed the problem within 30 minutes and they let me know what went wrong - on a weekend nonetheless. That to me is quite impressive. I have never ever had any other provider that has been able to do that or even provide proper support. I have been through quite a few that just couldn't even handle Shoutcast Streaming but BurstNET's network has no issue whatsoever and let me tell you we go through a lot of freakin' bandwidth that any other provider would charge an arm and leg for. Now I'm just blabbering but I just had to write this review after Patrick Andrews answered my ticket in a timely manner on top of resolving the issue. To conclude my bit of a rant review, thank you BurstNET for the hard work, pricing, and great support you have given me in my years with you.

Ticket Details
    Ticket ID: 3462722
    When Created: 11-25-2012 - 06:14AM
    Elapsed Time: 25 minutes
    Since Last Action: 12 minutes
    Just a small pointer. May be next time when you add a review, you might want to add more info within the subject line of the post indicating whether the review is good or bad. Something like, 'BurstNET Review - Good' or something of that sort would give the readers a brief idea of what your post summarizes. It was actually on the second paragraph when I realized that this is a good review for burstnet

That being said, it's nice to hear a good review for Burstnet. Their budget pricing tends to attract a lot of negative reviews from customers expecting the same level of service as a high end provider. Hope they continue to be a good fit for you for the days to come. Good luck
    WebHATS - Authorized Zamfoo License Distributors
    cPanel/WHM - Zamfoo - RvSkins - Softaculous - Fantastico - RV Site Builder - 24/7 Support - 100% Uptime
    Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller, Alpha Reseller, Super Alpha and VPS Hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

Great review, best of luck and keep us updated.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by web host View Post
    Just a small pointer. May be next time when you add a review, you might want to add more info within the subject line of the post indicating whether the review is good or bad. Something like, 'BurstNET Review - Good' or something of that sort would give the readers a brief idea of what your post summarizes. It was actually on the second paragraph when I realized that this is a good review for burstnet

That being said, it's nice to hear a good review for Burstnet. Their budget pricing tends to attract a lot of negative reviews from customers expecting the same level of service as a high end provider. Hope they continue to be a good fit for you for the days to come. Good luck
    Thank you for the suggestion
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you for the suggestion
    You are very welcome
    WebHATS - Authorized Zamfoo License Distributors
    cPanel/WHM - Zamfoo - RvSkins - Softaculous - Fantastico - RV Site Builder - 24/7 Support - 100% Uptime
    Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller, Alpha Reseller, Super Alpha and VPS Hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

BurstNet is actually much better than some people said, they are always quick to tickets. Somtimes I have problems and ask them for help on AIM, they get the problem resolved in one or two minutes.
      0 Not allowed!

Their initial response to a ticket might be good but if you had to reply 3-4 times to get something done, you'd soon realize that your ticket will get slower and slower and slower. If that's not something which is to caution about, when you switch between 1 Department to another, your ticket will get pushed so far that it will not see the light of day ever again.

That's what always happens to me. Other than that, they are quite OK as a provider.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for your nice review. I've used burst.net for windows vps. Sometimes they replied me quick and sometimes 3-4hrs later.
    ExonHost - In Business Since 2009 - 24/7 Real Support | Multiple Locations
    █ NVMe SSD | cPanel | LiteSpeed - Accelerate Your Website, Maximum Performance!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by aodat2 View Post
    Their initial response to a ticket might be good but if you had to reply 3-4 times to get something done, you'd soon realize that your ticket will get slower and slower and slower. If that's not something which is to caution about, when you switch between 1 Department to another, your ticket will get pushed so far that it will not see the light of day ever again.

That's what always happens to me. Other than that, they are quite OK as a provider.
    I've never had that issue in the 3 years I've been using them. I make sure, of course, that I put everything in my first submitted ticket that I'm having an issue with and update it only if absolutely necessary just to make sure. Their response time and resolution time for me is about an hour or but typically less.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for your review.
    Keep us updated!
      0 Not allowed!

I must try it again !!!
      0 Not allowed!

Glad your experience has been positive!
      0 Not allowed!

I've never had that issue in the 3 years I've been using them. I make sure, of course, that I put everything in my first submitted ticket that I'm having an issue with and update it only if absolutely necessary just to make sure. Their response time and resolution time for me is about an hour or but typically less.
    Seriously speaking, you are just very lucky. You could easily ask them about my ticket previously. Had a ticket put in and according to them, the ticket "DISAPPEARED" and was not found until I made multiple complains about it.

Further to that, most if not all the tickets I put in so far would always require 2-3 replies to get a resolution and after 2 replies, the third will be around a few hours if you're lucky! I've had tickets which took 3-4 hours to 2 days to get a reply.

That's how far I am saying about BurstNET. Too much depends on luck. If you're lucky, you get fast support but when you're not lucky, your ticket will be answered in hours if not more.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com
      0 Not allowed!

I don't use any BurstNET services and I ran into some problems as far as joining their reseller program. However, during all communications they were polite and prompt.
      0 Not allowed!

Talking

I use BurstNET for quite some time now... (Over 3 years I think)

They are really good, good server spec and connections...

It's perfect and right priced for me that DON'T need almost any HELP, I only open ticket's when something out of the norm happens.

And Always get prompt/fast response
      0 Not allowed!

Seriously speaking, you are just very lucky. You could easily ask them about my ticket previously. Had a ticket put in and according to them, the ticket "DISAPPEARED" and was not found until I made multiple complains about it.

Further to that, most if not all the tickets I put in so far would always require 2-3 replies to get a resolution and after 2 replies, the third will be around a few hours if you're lucky! I've had tickets which took 3-4 hours to 2 days to get a reply.

That's how far I am saying about BurstNET. Too much depends on luck. If you're lucky, you get fast support but when you're not lucky, your ticket will be answered in hours if not more.
    What kind of issues do you have when you open tickets with them? In the past 3 years I have been with them I've only had to open about about 15 tickets total and the majority of the tickets were for server reboots. Some issues take longer to resolve then others regardless of the provider. I wish you better luck though.
      0 Not allowed!

Well I would probably just open a new ticket then .. but i'm an annoying customer when I need something and want it done.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for your review.
    Keep us updated!
      0 Not allowed!

Glad to hear about your positive experience with BurstNet. Good Luck in future with them - hope your experience stays positive. Keep us posted.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for your review! For some reason there are just a tiny number of reviews for them for dedicated servers / high volume bandwidth.

Could I ask if you are using their Premium Bandwidth, or their Shared Bandwidth? I would speculate for streaming (high end at least) and video-games you really need to be on their Premium Bandwidth plans so there are no slowdowns.

I saw some posts on another site (it was a few weeks ago so don't have the links), that some customers claimed they were able to get BurstNET to set up a special hybrid bandwidth plan, where during peak they are able to use Premium Bandwidth and yet still use Shared Bandwidth during off-peak (where there is much less chance of slowdown). So that saves their costs in terms of not having to purchase 100% Premium Bandwidth. Not sure the accuracy of this so was looking for others who tried this.
      0 Not allowed!

We have been using Burst.Net for colocation for over 5 years and have always had a good experience with them.
      0 Not allowed!

Their harddisk..... very very slow.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by pandahost View Post
    Their harddisk..... very very slow.
    This is a useless post.
    The same hard disk performs exactly the same whatever provider is placed at.
    Order an SSD if you need something faster.
    Don't blame us if you don't order something sufficient for your needs.
    We just delivery exactly what you order...we don't make up your mind for you on what to purchase.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BudWay View Post
    I use BurstNET for quite some time now... (Over 3 years I think)

They are really good, good server spec and connections...

It's perfect and right priced for me that DON'T need almost any HELP, I only open ticket's when something out of the norm happens.

And Always get prompt/fast response
    Bad promotion! Don't tell lie here. You're not Bursnet's customer. You're very happy to say this, so you're laughing ? NO! You just want to spam. I will report this to forum admin
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zatoach View Post
    Bad promotion! Don't tell lie here. You're not Bursnet's customer. You're very happy to say this, so you're laughing ? NO! You just want to spam. I will report this to forum admin
    ?
    BudWay is definitely a BurstNET client, and has been for a very long time.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors
      0 Not allowed!