Upgraded to WHM 6.0, Resolver Setup Help Needed

Hi All,

I upgraded to WHM 6.0 last night using the upgrade script. Everything seemed to go OK, only now my site is realllllly slow, even though mem, ping, and CPU usage is OK. Plenty of disk space left also.

When I go to WHM 6.0, I get this error, and since I'm lame, I don't know what it's acksing.

Resolver Setup
    This wizard will guide you though setting up your resolver configuration file (/etc/resolv.conf).

Resolver Setup
    Enter the ip address of at least two nameservers that you will use for dns resolution. If this server is acting as a primary nameserver, and you have enabled the nameserver under inital nameserver setup, you must enter 127.0.0.1 in the Primary Resolver box. If this server is acting as a slave server, you should enter the ip address of the master dns server in the Primary Resolver box. Expert users with a custom dns configuration may enter a diffrent value. If you do not know the ip address of your provider's local resolvers you should contact them. It is very important that these nameservers are correct, or you server will not function properly. If you do not know what to put in the boxes below and cannot contact your provider, please close this window and go though this setup at a later time; Your server should still function normally, however connections made to the server may be slower then normal.

Primary Resolver
    Secondary Resolver
    Teritary Resolver

I think this is why the site is soooo slow. It's a dedicated server on nocster.net. I entered a support ticket, but seeing the 5+ days of their suppor ticket system on here makes me leery that I'll get a reply.
    *noobie on the loose*

Basically what that warning is telling you to do is verify how your server resolves hostnames/domain names into IPs. Here is what you should do:

vi /etc/resolv.conf

remove everything from the file, replace it with:

search your_domain.com
    domain your_domain.com
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (your nameserver IP, 127.0.0.1 if they're local)
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (backup nameserver, maybe Nocsters)

Save & Close. Good to go.

Originally posted by serial
    search your_domain.com
    domain your_domain.com
    What is your_domain.com supposed to be? Which domain is that?

Well my Nocster servers /etc/resolv.conf has the following.

domain darkorb.net
    search darkorb.net
    nameserver 127.0.0.1
    nameserver 64.191.0.2
    nameserver 64.191.1.2

Hope that helps

Why would darkorb.net be the domain to search? Have you any affiliation with them?