Thread: Ajax and PHP

Ajax and PHP

Hello,

I am making something which will get a log file from SFTP and keep refreshing it every second and display it on a page, is it possible and how?

Thanks
    If its easier please add me on skype: tombath10

Bump. Im paying...

First you have to create the script with the SFTP connection and grab the log file that you need.

Then you create a html page, and call the script through an AJAX call which will display the log. You then set an interval function in Javascript that will do the AJAX call every x second.

I'm not sure it's the best way to do it because you want it to display the data every second. The process will need some optimization in order to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
    First you have to create the script with the SFTP connection and grab the log file that you need.

Then you create a html page, and call the script through an AJAX call which will display the log. You then set an interval function in Javascript that will do the AJAX call every x second.

I'm not sure it's the best way to do it because you want it to display the data every second. The process will need some optimization in order to do so.
    Thanks for the reply. Would you know how to do it if it didn't keep refreshing?

Many Thanks

I know how to do it, and I could also try to make it refresh but I can't guarantee it will be every second (maybe every 2 or 3 seconds minimum).

Quote Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
    I know how to do it, and I could also try to make it refresh but I can't guarantee it will be every second (maybe every 2 or 3 seconds minimum).
    I would be very grateful if you can do this for me.

Thanks