hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Industry Announcements : Providers and Network Outages and Updates : [FEATURED] Hurricane Sandy - Outages NY/NJ/CT

Forum Jump

Hurricane Sandy - Outages NY/NJ/CT

Reply Post New Thread In Providers and Network Outages and Updates Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Exclamation

Hurricane Sandy - Outages NY/NJ/CT

75 Broad Street - Going Down
The flooding has submerged and destroyed the site's diesel pumps and is preventing fuel from being pumped to the generators on the mezzanine level. The available fuel reserves on the mezzanine level are estimated to support customer loads for approximately 5-7 hours. Once this fuel supply has been exhausted the generator will no longer be able to sustain operation and critical customer power loads will be lost.

Thread Summary
Thread Summary The following locations were/are experiencing issues due to Hurricane Sandy.
  • 75 Broad Street
  • 33 Whitehall
  • 111 8th Avenue
  • 882 3rd Ave
  • 121 Varick

(The WHIR) Noise Filter: Hurricane Sandy Floods NYC Data Center, Impacts Hosts, Colocation Providers

Data Center Knowledge: In Sandy's Aftermath, Epic Challenges for Data Centers

Contributors: Orien

Share This Summary:

Sponsored Links
Old
Temporarily Suspended

Geez, really astonishing what this storm is doing to those cities. How is flooding to the building itself?

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

33 Whitehall - Cogent is Down

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

nLayer link is down at 882 3rd Ave.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Voxel/Internap are down at 111 8th Avenue

Old
Rotund Web Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by voip_expert View Post
nLayer link is down at 882 3rd Ave.
ezzi.net is also in that facility, I believe. Anyone heard their situation there? I saw some boxes there come back a short time ago, then they dropped off again after about 20-30 minutes.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBiloh View Post
Our uplink still up with them and performing very good!

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by serversphere View Post
ezzi.net is also in that facility, I believe. Anyone heard their situation there? I saw some boxes there come back a short time ago, then they dropped off again after about 20-30 minutes.
Facility it self is up, and all operational so far XO and nLayer only have they circuits down there, Cogent, Verizon are just fine.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBiloh View Post
Is this the LGA6 facility?

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1CH View Post
Is this the LGA6 facility?
Yes, LGA6. I believe it is fed by LGA11.

Old
Junior Guru

I can confirm my server with Voxel/Internap is down at LGA6 is offline. That's at 111 8th Avenue.

Old

Ah, guess that explains it. Got the warning emails about LGA11, but our box is at LGA6.

Old
Junior Guru

I did too and was thinking "wow, glad I'm not in LGA11!" And then...mine went down! Good to see I'm not the only one, thanks for posting here guys.

Hopefully we hear from Internap soon. I'm not going to bother them because I'm sure they know there's a problem!

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Voxel in 7 Teleport operational just fine.

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Here is more insight information about Internap NY:

Quote:
InterNAP is reporting that utility power is no longer available to our NYC location and it has been successfully transferred to generators, keeping all services online.
Quote:
InterNAP should have enough on-site fuel for multiple days, and refueling contracts to provide more as necessary.
Quote:
InterNAP reports that the facility itself has 60+ hours of fuel but that the basement is now flooded, preventing it from being pumped up to the generators. The site can sustain power for another 4-6 hours on the fuel currently available, they say. It is possible that waters will recede by then. We have posted an event to all NYC customers with all the details available.
Quote:
o real whoops so far -- InterNAP seems to be handling things as well as they can and I haven't seen them making mistakes with this in the last 24 hours. I just hope that the flood waters abate quickly in order to minimize downtime. Power outages aren't the end of the world as long as there's minimal corruption -- mostly a nuisance.

This is from NFoServers FB page.