Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
    Samsung CRUSHED the iPhone 5
    Keith, could you be anymore the fandroid?

Come on. They're just phones.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob View Post
    Keith, could you be anymore the fandroid?

Come on. They're just phones.
    They are more then phones, they are my friends

Ok, maybe I am taking it a bit too far. I will never deny being a Phandroid.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

They are more then phones, they are my friends

Ok, maybe I am taking it a bit too far. I will never deny being a Phandroid.
    Hey, admitting that is the first step to recovery.

We do like our phones though, I won't dispute that. They're very personal to us and all.

I'm a bit torn, given the new iPhone5 has everything I want, being faster, lighter, thinner, bigger screen, Telstra 4G. But the SGS III is great too. They'll both operate on the Telstra 4G network, which is what I mainly wanted. My iPhone4 contract expires on the 1st of October this year, so I have til then to decide. Going to be a tough choice.

How fortunate we are when we have access to this type of technology and decisions, when billions of people on this planet struggle for the very basics of life.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    I know a lot of users who are now switching from Samsung/HTC as well. What does that mean?
    That's why even half decent research requires random sampling of a reasonable size.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Using the most basic comparisons there is simply better out there than the iphone, its personal choice however apple have it's users so well locked into their restrictive ecosystem it makes them hard to leave, that is fact.

To be honest, moving between platforms is expensive no matter if you move to iOS or Android. On my personal phone (Android), I would lose hundreds of $ worth of apps and accessories if I were to move to iOS. I am sure the other way around is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BCata View Post
    To be honest, moving between platforms is expensive no matter if you move to iOS or Android. On my personal phone (Android), I would lose hundreds of $ worth of apps and accessories if I were to move to iOS. I am sure the other way around is the same.
    True, but my point was more that I can move from HTC to Samsung for example with no loss if I did not like the handset.

Quote Originally Posted by W1H - Lee View Post
    True, but my point was more that I can move from HTC to Samsung for example with no loss if I did not like the handset.
    True, done that several times

I saw this on another site, What Android features will Apple 'invent' tomorrow?

My vote will be LTE, NFC and a 'slightly thinner rectangular shaped object'
    LTE & NFC aren't Android specific technologies. The new iPhone has confirmed 4G LTE already. They are not using NFC, however. NFC is kind of hitting a dead end right now.

Apple does have a long track record of repackaging technology that already exists and claiming it's something new, though.
    GorillaServers Inc. Powerful Bare Metal Servers
    Instant and Custom Deploy 1Gbps/10Gbps Servers in Los Angeles & Ogden Utah
    Follow us @GorillaServers | GSI on Facebook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12