Hostgator Basic Dedicated Server Worth?

Hello all WHT members,

This is my first post, so I'd like to say hello again greeting from Cambodia.

I'm a newbie in hosting arena, especially, with VPS & Dedicated Server. I want to buy a Basic Dedicated Server from Hostgator because it seems to suit my need and my knowledge.

1). I want to give a FREE HOSTING for each of my clients, and each one will have Disk Space & Bandwith Limit.
    2). I will have about 250+ Wordpress sites in that server.

Therefore, as I mentioned above, Hostgator is fully managed, so even if I don't have technical knowledge about managing server, it is no matter, RIGHT?

They are giving free WHMCS, WHM & cPanel so I can divide/manage my client's sites easily without additional License Fee, RIGHT?

Could I host 250+ Wordpress sites with their Servers? I mean does the server can handle that or not?

Regards,

Dina Brokoth

It really depends on what each account uses in terms of resources.

That said it only comes with 2GB ram. WHM/cPanel will use 512-1GB depending, since you will be running DNS and everything on there. It is 2x 250GB and you will probably want to raid 1. So if you want 250 accounts, each will only realistically have less than 1GB, perhaps 750MB to be safe

IMO Hostgator servers are a old and a bit overpriced.

For 175 a month you can lease a E3 probably with 8-16gb and likely 1TB with WHM. Though it wont be managed.

You could save some money and get a larger reseller account, or a few reseller accounts.
    hostingcove.com | Tennessee Based Hosting Provider.
    cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting - Domain Names
    Join thousands of happy customers. Secure & Stable
    HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix

Ah! That's the point that I'm stuck with!

Because I don't know how to play with unmanaged server that's why I choose fully managed server. But, as you said that server is not suitable for my needs. So, I would find another way around.

Reseller account seems to be less resource compare to Dedicated Server. For example:
    - Diamon Pakage of Hostgator (Disk Space 200GB, Bandwidth 1400GB).
    The Price is 99.95/Month.

I really don't know what to do now. If someone would recommend me any methods that is saving, reliable, more resourceful, please!

Again, my goal is to have a fully managed dedicated server with WHC/cPanel for my client. It's OK if the usable space is 500GB or more because I would provide it for FREE to my client. Bandwidth 10TB or more is good. Especially, the server that can handle 250+ Wordpress sites with average 500 Unique Visitors/day each sites. The budget is around $200.

I can't say it is able or not but just to see if it will be able!

Anyways, thanks HC-Ro for your recommendation!

You should really check with Host Gator as to what their "fully managed" service includes. For many providers, a managed server does not actually include much. If this is the case, you are better off getting an unmanaged server and hiring an actual server management company for assistance
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

How about this server spec:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4Ghz / 3.8Ghz Turbo (4 Cores / 8 Threads)
    Ram: 8 GB - DDR3
    HDD: 2 TB
    BW: 20 TB
    CP: Direct Admin

Will it be able thanks!

That would suit fine, but might be a little overkill for what you need. There are a lot of offers out there and a search on here would throw up a few.

That would suit fine, but might be a little overkill for what you need. There are a lot of offers out there and a search on here would throw up a few.
    Thanks Marbleeyes! But, I'm confusing what is overkill for my need?
    Does it serve much for my need or less for my need?

Thanks again!

I think hostgator price will overkill you
    Why not to try another managed dedicated server like jaguarpc and icebluehost.
    They are good

Quote Originally Posted by gueadi View Post
    I think hostgator price will overkill you
    Why not to try another managed dedicated server like jaguarpc and icebluehost.
    They are good
    Maybe they are a bit pricy, but c'mon. THE QUALITY. Hostgator allways was my choice for supreme support and reasonable price. Worth to try, it's time proven company.

Check out KnownHost. They have managed dedicated servers starting at $179/mo. They have excellent customer service and the uptime is very good as well.
    FlipHost - Premium Web Hosting Solutions
    24/7/365 Technical Support - 99.9% Uptime Guarantee - Free Site Move
    http://fliphost.com