Cheaper alternative to Enom?

I know this has probably been asked and answered a lot of times, but most of the threads I've found so far didn't give me the answer I was looking for, so I try anyway.

We've been reselling domains for Joker.com for years, and we've been very happy with them so far. The problem is that we've recently started using HostBill and WHMCS (yes both), and there is no API available for Joker.com. What is even worse, Joker.com doesn't have a fullworthy API, so we can't make a module for WHMCS or HostBill ourselves either.

So, we are about to switch to another registrar. We've tried Enom for a few new registrations, and we've been really happy with the way it integrates with WHMCS and HostBill. As far as I can tell though, Enom's prices are generally quite a bit higher than the prices we pay at Joker.com. With Joker.com it works like this: You always buy domains at full price, so a .com domain currently costs $13.70. However, each time we deposit $5,000 or more, Joker.com adds a 66.67% bonus to the paid amount. So if I pay, say $10,000, a total of $16,670 is added to my account, which means that the price I actually pay for a .com domain is $8.22.

No matter where I look, I can't seem to find any other decent registrar (or reseller) that can match Joker.com's prices. At Enom, the lowest price I would pay for a .com domain is $9.00, which makes a lot of difference compared to the $8.22 at Joker.com when you spend thousands of dollars on registrations and renewals every year. Also, for most of the other gTLD's and cTLD's, Enom is generally more expensive than Joker.com.

My question is, considering I'm willing to pay a lot upfront if it's needed - is there a cheaper alternative to Enom that also integrates well with WHMCS and HostBill? It doesn't have to be as cheap as Joker.com, but I think it should be cheaper than Enom. We rarely need any support, so the quality of support isn't the big selling point here (as long as there is SOME kind of support available, and not like the as-a-wholes at TotalNic/Pacnames that just vanished from the face of the earth at some point). I think I've contacted Joker.com two or three times since we started using them in 2001.

I am almost ready to make the switch to Enom, I just thought I would check with the experts (you guys) first.

Try http://resell.biz ($8.46 .com best tier price) and http://reseller.netearthone.com ($8.48 .com best tier price). Both use the Logicbox platform and I'm partial to NetEarthOne due to their chat support.
    Last edited by Techno; 08-21-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    Try http://resell.biz ($8.46 .com best tier price) and http://reseller.netearthone.com ($8.48 .com best tier price). Both use the Logicbox platform and I'm partial to NetEarthOne due to their chat support.
    Thanks, I'll look into them tomorrow, and if possible I'll register a domain with both of them just to see that it works well.

Huh, possibly time for a change. I've used enom for years just for personal domains (now approaching 500+) - unfortunately I didn't start out at a decent tier, and with price increases I'm now being charged $11.50/yr on most... their API is great... but saving $1500/year may offset the pain of having to transfer as they approach expiry!

(Have signed up for an account with Net Earth One since it looks like resell.biz only offers a handful of TLD's... now pending their review process.) Given the low cost to entry will take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by hostedas View Post
    (Have signed up for an account with Net Earth One since it looks like resell.biz only offers a handful of TLD's...
    Yes they don't seem to advertise them all.
    In my account with them this is what I have access to.
    .DE Domain
    .NZ Domain (3rd Level)
    .XXX Domain
    .ES Domain
    .AU Domain (3rd Level)
    .CA Domain
    .Co Domain (3rd Level)
    .Co Domain (2nd Level)
    .COM Domain
    .NET Domain
    .ORG Domain
    .INFO Domain
    .BIZ Domain
    .NAME Domain
    .US Domain
    .IN Domain
    .IN Domain (3rd Level)
    .TEL Domain
    .CC Domain
    CentralNIC Group 1 (including .US.COM and .EU.COM)
    .TV Domain
    .MN Domain
    .BZ Domain
    .EU Domain
    .MOBI Domain
    .WS Domain
    CentralNIC Group 2 (including .UK.COM and .DE.COM)
    .CN.COM Domain
    .UK Domain (3rd Level)
    .ASIA Domain
    .ME Domain