* DatabaseByDesignLLC 10 months Review, The best Dedicated Server's provider

I'd share my experience with DatabaseByDesignLLC

Ten months ago, i have decided to try DatabaseByDesignLLC's dedicated servers, So i ordered a windows server and it's performance was great as it's DELL configuration as we desired.

After about 4 or 5 months i decided to add another 2 Linux dedicated servers with high specs. and were delivered within 24 hours as promised

I canceled the windows server due to the following reason: peering problems with other providers, as i used my windows to upload my files to other hosts many of them located in Europe, and because using only Level3 it give me small problems with other hosts for the upload speed.

on 13th of July it was the beginning of my vacation outside my country, and i subscribed in the PayPal monthly payment for my 2 linux servers "invoice date 18th of each month".

But there was a subscription error as the subscription was not for the total amount of invoice, it was only for about 30% of the invoice and i discovered that after leaving my country! and i cannot using my PayPal from another country and i will be back after 12 days after the invoice date, So what i can do, Big problems!.

I called them through phone and told them the problem and i will pay after my vacation ends.

They were really appreciated for my situation and told me happy vacation, you can pay when you back as you are one of our trusted clients! WOW. this brings me a good feeling for the relation that should be done between any hosting company to their clients

Conclusion:

Staff : Really respectful and trying to gain client's appreciation..

Support : 10/10 "each ticket i made from a total of 5 tickets, replied within 5-10 minutes max. even during vacations!"

Network : 9.5/10 we had only one drop for 30 minutes from about 8 months of 99.9999% network up-time
    - I really wish from them to add more providers besides Level3.

Prices : 9/10

Willingness to help their clients 10/10

I can post my ips if required by moderators

Kind Regards

Have you read all the points in their ToS?

Great to hear yet another success story! Glad to see they were able to accomodate for your situation. (Next time - you could always VPN to your server and access Paypal from there!)
    vanVPS Hosting | Vancouver Canada KVM VPS | 100% Uptime SLA
    [100Mbps Port] [Custom High Performance Solutions] [Secure Remote Console]
    PEER 1's Fast Fiber Network | RAID10 | 2 x Gigabit Uplinks Per Node
    http://vanvps.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iliad View Post
    Have you read all the points in their ToS?
    Their TOS seems pretty standard to me :-). We use them as one of our East Coast providers and they've been an absolute pleasure to deal with. We needed a custom server and it was deployed in 24 hours flat, exactly how we asked for it. To be honest, their competition needs to take notes on how to handle new accounts because they're blowing them away :-).

I'm not surprised.
    The DatabaseByDesign crew have been outstanding for me as well back in 2009/2010.
    The reason I'm not with them is that my customers are here in Europe, not in the US, otherwise I would have loved to keep servers there.

@n8bit good tip ;-)

I'm genuinely interested. Why should I notify them when I change root password?

Quote Originally Posted by Iliad View Post
    I'm genuinely interested. Why should I notify them when I change root password?
    If you ever lock yourself out of your server and need to get back in, they're going to be the only ones with direct access to your server. You can either allow them to log-in, or re-image the server and potentially lose all your data :-). It really makes the choice easy and this is only one example.

At the end of the day, they're your provider and you chose to do business with them. If you can't trust them with the data they could easily obtain in the first place, you don't need to be hosting with them and should immediately chose another provider (who, most likely, will have the same policies).

Hello All

I really need to update my Reveiw

From my review topic's date till now, the service is excellent

I didn't contact support from about 4 month till now for anything, i just pay my invoice in due date!

Uptime above 99.9999% if it's not 100%

I really trust this company as i have my Huge forum with them, as uptime is very important for us

I am happy to be
    DatabaseByDesignLLC client!

I hope if they can expand their business to include Colocation offers
    if they offered colocation, i will do without any hesitation

Thanks again DatabaseByDesignLLC "you are the best"

Wow I don't know they're a good one
    Because they price is amazing cheap

Yeah, thanks for this review and your followup. I'm considering them

Quote Originally Posted by NodeKi View Post
    If you ever lock yourself out of your server and need to get back in, they're going to be the only ones with direct access to your server. You can either allow them to log-in, or re-image the server and potentially lose all your data :-). It really makes the choice easy and this is only one example.
    They can change the root password using a livecd either way, so re-imaging the server is definitely unnecessary. But, I guess booting into a livecd does involve downtime.

At the end of the day, they're your provider and you chose to do business with them. If you can't trust them with the data they could easily obtain in the first place, you don't need to be hosting with them and should immediately chose another provider (who, most likely, will have the same policies).
    I would still have to agree on this point, though.

Quote Originally Posted by liliff View Post
    They can change the root password using a livecd either way, so re-imaging the server is definitely unnecessary. But, I guess booting into a livecd does involve downtime.
    If you have KVM access and encrypt / without the root password it is pretty hard to have access to your data (obviosly no firewire, no strange dma things...) and will need some steps that in certain cases might not be feasible at all (like modifying the boot partition to trick the user into leaking the password: you can avoid those situations by booting the server with a local image loaded via KVM instead of relying on remote /boot)

With root access (password) instead you can just login locally once the server is running and the partition is mounted
    Last edited by EvolutionCrazy; 09-16-2012 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haygen View Post
    - I really wish from them to add more providers besides Level3.

http://www.databasebydesignllc.com/

Their website makes mention of XO, Internap, Cogent and Sprint.

Maybe they have more than only Level3 and you are not aware??

I think it would be good to make sure you are not saying something that is not true, or that they make you aware of what is really true. Or hopefully there is a reason for the logos on their website if what you say is true.

If they only do have a single carrier, do they at least have a dual handoff to diverse Level3 routers?
    REDUNDANT.COMEquinix Data Centers Performance Optimized Network
    Managed & Unmanaged
    • Servers • Colocation • Cloud • VEEAM
    sales@redundant.com

We path-prepend our BGP statement so that all traffic flows inbound across Level3. We have Level3 and Cogent for primary outbound with Comcast possibly being added by the end of the year. XO and Sprint are not in our BW pools anymore.

The site needs to be updated, thanks for the heads up!
    Database By Design, LLC
    Philadelphia, PA Datacenter (401 North Broad)
    Premium Dedicated Server Hosting, Complex Hosting Solutions and Public/Private Cloud.
    866.488.7770 | Contact Us | www.databasebydesignllc.com

Quote Originally Posted by DatabaseByDesignLLC View Post
    We path-prepend our BGP statement so that all traffic flows inbound across Level3.
    You prepend or do not announce?
    REDUNDANT.COMEquinix Data Centers Performance Optimized Network
    Managed & Unmanaged
    • Servers • Colocation • Cloud • VEEAM
    sales@redundant.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ionity View Post
    You prepend or do not announce?
    We announce to our upstreams but also use LocalPref BGP attributes which causes our upstreams to stop announcing any further. Basically summed up, it looks like we're signally homed, but we're obviously not.
    Database By Design, LLC
    Premium Dedicated Server Hosting, Complex Hosting Solutions and Public/Private Cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by DatabaseByDesignLLC View Post
    signally homed
    That should read single-homed, sorry.
    Database By Design, LLC

Or you can just have an extra admin account with remote keys that is used only for support. Much more secure in case you have been hacked!!