hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting Talk Tutorials : Web Hosting Tutorials : How to move site from one cpanel to cpanel

Forum Jump

How to move site from one cpanel to cpanel

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Tutorials Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

How to move site from one cpanel to cpanel

Hi Friends,

How to move site from one cpanel to cpanel. Is there any feature or tool available in whmcs for performing this task?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by giteshtrivedi View Post
Hi Friends,

How to move site from one cpanel to cpanel. Is there any feature or tool available in whmcs for performing this task?
WHMCS has nothing to do with WHM.

Simply backup your account and restore it on the new server just make sure the server your migrating from is making backups correctly before deleting the old account.

24/7 Ticket + Phone + Live Chat Support | More Locations Coming! | Visit Our Special Offers

Old 08-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hi,

I tried but not getting success. I took full backup using cpanel backup utility and tried to restore using same backup utility. When I informed to my hosting provider then he restored within 1 min. Therefore, I am asking about any utility or function or feature of WHM or WHMCS or any. Without having password of mySQL how is it possible to restore.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Do you have root access to your cPanel server?

Old 08-02-2012, 04:29 AM

If you have root access to both servers, then simply go to the WHM section through port 2087 and you will see I believe on the right hand side the transfer menu selection. Its very easy to do however if you find it difficult then do have a look at the forums or guides on the cPanel website.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:35 AM
Disabled

How big is your mysql database?

Old 08-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

If you have root access to the two servers you will want to do a WHM to WHM transfer. There are somethings to consider first and foremost to make sure you do not run into problems.

First make sure the following settings match on both the Source AND Destination Server

Apache Version
MySQL Version
PHP Version

Then you will need to check and make a note of each account that has an SSL and Dedicated IP, so that you can reset them up on the Destination Server after the data has been migrated.

Once you have made sure both servers match and you know which accounts will need Dedicated IPs, you will need to check the size of the accounts, and their databases. You will normally run into problems with cPanel accounts over 10 GB in size, and with databases 1-2 GB in size. If you have some accounts like this you will want to exclude them from the automatic transfer so that you can get the bulk of your accounts moved.

Once you have the smaller accounts moved you will need to do manual moves for the large accounts. This entails either creating the account and rsyncing the data over or uploading backups of the accounts and restoring them.

This whole process takes some time, so you might want to make sure all your domains are running on the Source Server until all data has been moved over and tested on the Destination Server and then you can update your DNS zones at the registrar for your domains, and after propagation everything should load from the new server. You may need to do a final rsync to make sure all data from the source server was moved over, since some changes may take affect during the actual move and DNS update.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:13 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

@TSJonS, Thanks a lot for exclusive guidance of topic. Appreciate your help.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by giteshtrivedi View Post
@TSJonS, Thanks a lot for exclusive guidance of topic. Appreciate your help.
No problem, migrations can look to be enormous amount of work, but after you've done them a few times you'll find its rather easy so long as you make a migration plan for your specific needs and then follow it. Just trying to do it without any help the first time can cause problems, and I'm glad to share the information I've gathered over the years.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:55 AM
Web Hosting Guru

If you not familiar with this activity, I think you can contact your hosting provider and ask them how to move from cpanel to another cpanel.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:27 AM

thanks to all of you for giving information with guidance.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:04 AM
Disabled

is there anyone know hostgator ssh port number? I want to move a cpanel account from hostgator,but the ssh default is not working.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:37 AM
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyHost View Post
is there anyone know hostgator ssh port number? I want to move a cpanel account from hostgator,but the ssh default is not working.
Why Port number required?
Why not use normal transfer option with username and password?

Follow me @ Twitter - Askforhost | Facebook.com/Askforhost | Skype: ahtsham.jutt

Old 09-26-2012, 02:55 AM
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askforhost Hosting View Post
Why Port number required?
Why not use normal transfer option with username and password?
When I try to copy multiple account at a time then it need.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:21 AM
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyHost View Post
When I try to copy multiple account at a time then it need.
You have to copy all accounts one by one without root access.

Follow me @ Twitter - Askforhost | Facebook.com/Askforhost | Skype: ahtsham.jutt