Thread: Cheap VPS?

Cheap VPS?

Hey!

I need to find a cheap ($7-15/month) and reliable VPS, can someone help me? I need it just for my forum and website.

Thanks in advance!

Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Just google "cheap vps" - there are a few options for you. You should know though that a sub-$10/month VPS is going to have limitations somewhere - performance, support, redundancy, or something else. It's just not reasonable to expect a high quality product at that level; there's not enough margin for decent hosts to get into it (hence why most rates are higher than that).
    ███ OrcsWeb: Managed Windows Hosting -> Remarkable Service; Remarkable Support.
    ███ CloudServers.com: Windows & Linux Cloud VPS Hosting

Are you looking for a control panel? Any management? I believe your budget might be too low.

- Daniel

What type of forum are you hosting? How much traffic does it have? These are important considerations to take into account with a VPS that cheap, as the amount of resources will be on the lower end of the scale.
    * GeekStorage.com - Offering awesome website hosting for over 13 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Virtual Private Servers * Dedicated Servers
    * Have questions? Send us an e-mail, we'd love to hear from you!

nobody can beat the 6 months FREE VPS from server4you http://www.server4you.net/vserver

BurstNET has some affordable VPS packages you might become interested in if you check them out. Then there is VPSNET and lowendbox.

Check these providers out and be sure to do homework and see if they are the right host for you and your website.

What specs are you looking for? Do you need a control panel like cPanel?
    RamNode - High Performance Cloud VPS
    SSD Cloud and Shared Hosting
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection - AS3842
    Deploy on our SSD cloud today! - www.ramnode.com

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyU View Post
    nobody can beat the 6 months FREE VPS from server4you http://www.server4you.net/vserver
    starting from 12 months minimum term. After that period, the price increases

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    starting from 12 months minimum term.
    yes and you have to pay for the other 6 months when you start your contract
    so you pay 90$ for 12 months of VPS hosting. i never used them so can`t vouch for them

another good offer is the 9 EURO vps from leaseweb:
    http://www.leaseweb.com/en/cloud-hosting/express-cloud
    Last edited by JohnnyU; 07-30-2012 at 04:33 PM.

I recommend that you take a look at Prometeus.com/IperWeb.com, they have really good plans and are within your budget. A good tip is to look at the offer section here at WHT.

Other host within you're budget are:
    GetKVM.com
    Urpad.net
    Ramnode.com
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)
    Powered by: Kimsufi, backed up by: Hetzner, DigitalOcean and Vultr.com
    Also using
    SolaDrive.com (56+ months), KnownHost.com (56+ months)

Seconding BurstNET. Their premium VPSes can't be beat at that price.
    The world would be a better place if people drank better coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by floor9 View Post
    They are at the bottom of my benchmark list. See the test here.... I/O speed at 19 MB/s, UnixBench score of 321.
    And they don't care about their customers at all. Search the forum and see all the bad reviews, and there is a lot of them.
    Use your money elsewhere.
    Powered by: Kimsufi, backed up by: Hetzner, DigitalOcean and Vultr.com
    Also using
    SolaDrive.com (56+ months), KnownHost.com (56+ months)

All these benchmarks are largely useless and pointless. Signing up for a host just to run benchmark and then hand it back after the month is no indication of overall service, reliablity or performance.

What I/O you get depends on who is doing what and when. I just ran an I/O test on my Burst VPS and got 134mb/s 5 mins ago and hitting up arrow and enter a few times it went as low as 61mb/s and as high as 159mb/s.

People need to stop making decisions based on someone elses 10 min evaluation of a service.

Quote Originally Posted by floor9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by myhken View Post
    They are at the bottom of my benchmark list. See the test here.... I/O speed at 19 MB/s, UnixBench score of 321.
    Was that a benchmark for their Premium VPS? You don't specify in your blog, and you really should.
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    Was that a benchmark for their Premium VPS? You don't specify in your blog, and you really should.
    No, it's the XEN plan. The name of the package is VPS PACKAGE #2. I can see that they use Premium in front of all of their Premium plans, so since I'm not using the Premium name, and have tested a XEN plan, I think I don't have to write that I'm NOT testing their Premium plan.