hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Example of an unthought business.

Forum Jump

Example of an unthought business.

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 06:01 AM
WHT Addict

Arrow

Example of an unthought business.

Just found an interesting webhosting company as I was going through classifieds.
http://www.1fasthost.com/index.cfm?f...osting.default
They charge $99.95/mo for 2gb disk space and 50gb bandwidth .

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2012, 06:21 AM
Premium Member

100$ per month for those stats is extremely steep no doubt about it, but to be fair, they do include webmaster services (IE they provide more hand holding to their customers) and the package seems to cater specifically to businesses.

When you deal with businesses, you'll see that saving a few dollars per month on a hosting plan is less important than having a host "that just works"
They also don't have time to go to reviews and will work from referrals anyways

But yes, I totally agree with you that 100$ per month is pushing it... especially with those stats

Old 07-19-2012, 06:23 AM
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry[CoffeeSprout] View Post
100$ per month for those stats is extremely steep no doubt about it, but to be fair, they do include webmaster services (IE they provide more hand holding to their customers) and the package seems to cater specifically to businesses.

When you deal with businesses, you'll see that saving a few dollars per month on a hosting plan is less important than having a host "that just works"
They also don't have time to go to reviews and will work from referrals anyways

But yes, I totally agree with you that 100$ per month is pushing it... especially with those stats
I understand what you mean about customer support. RackSpace charges a lot too. But yea, $100 is still too much for that. And the reason they are advertising their 'CEOs personal number' is probably because the business is too small.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2012, 06:25 AM
WHT Addict

They also have a $50 setup fee, SERIOUSLY?
http://www.1fasthost.com/index.cfm?f...ting.corporate

Old 07-19-2012, 06:35 AM
Disabled

To be honest, they're either making a killing, or literally dying a painful death.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:43 AM
Web Hosting Master

Nothing wrong with that pricing. Businesses that actually care about their business and aren't cheapos will easily pay more than that for their sites.

Not everyone is targeting the digitalpoint, wht, wjunction, and other similar bottom of the barrel pricing company's aimed at people too cheap to pay more than a cup of coffee worth of services

Their support and services are probably far better than what most of us can offer too. Or at least, it could be.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:45 AM
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by techjr View Post
Nothing wrong with that pricing. Businesses that actually care about their business and aren't cheapos will easily pay more than that for their sites.

Not everyone is targeting the digitalpoint, wht, wjunction, and other similar bottom of the barrel pricing company's aimed at people too cheap to pay more than a cup of coffee worth of services

Their support and services are probably far better than what most of us can offer too. Or at least, it could be.
I understand. I too am new (under deployment) and my rough pricing estimates range near $400. What I don't see about them is that basically they don't have the value to be selling at that kind of a pricing. I'd readily buy $1,500 dedi servers from RackSpace, just because of the value they have. Personal opinion.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:55 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServerTech2011 View Post
I understand what you mean about customer support. RackSpace charges a lot too. But yea, $100 is still too much for that. And the reason they are advertising their 'CEOs personal number' is probably because the business is too small.
While there are plenty of CEO's who keep in touch with customers (even the bigger businesses have pleasantly surprised me!), I'm guessing this a smaller business.
This does not have to be a problem all, just as long as they are honest and upfront about it and deliver on their promises.

Keep in mind that the "right price" is what the customer feels the service is worth, within reason. If you can give your customers more value by saving them time and helping them run a website that brings them business they will be happy to pay a bit more.

Last edited by barry[CoffeeSprout]; 07-19-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:58 AM
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry[CoffeeSprout] View Post
While there are plenty of CEO's who keep in touch with customers (even the bigger businesses have pleasantly surprised me!), I'm guessing this a smaller business.
This does not have to be a problem all, just as long as they are honest and upfront about it and deliver on their promises.

Keep in mind that the "right price" is what the customer feels the service is worth, within reason. If you can give your customers more value by saving them time and helping them run a website that brings them business, they will be happy to pay a bit more.
Agreed. Value is important here.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:39 AM
WHT Addict

Personally, I feel it is completely true. But the problem is, most customers won't buy that price, and if there and no customers, there is no value. If there is no value, the price is useless. If you got the cycle, you might understand my opinion. Yes, I understand that value provided might be the best, but there is no proof of that concept anywhere on the website. Just my opinion here.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Retired Moderator

Willing buyer willing seller, do not see what is wrong with their prices.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Dependable Web Services

If you take a closer look, you will see that its not just web hosting they are selling. With every package they include a webmaster service (which includes updates, maintenance to your website). Not sure what is all included in that or how that works exactly, but I think the price can be somewhat justified (depending on what exactly they are doing for $99 per month).

Click Here to Learn More About Our Services!- Check Out Our Youtube Channel

Old 07-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Web Hosting Master

The site is abandoned, check the colocation prices

http://www.1fasthost.com/index.cfm?f...ing.Colocation

the plan comes with 30GB...

DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Old 07-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Disabled

Check the testimonials in header and copyright in footer then go to http://needa.com/

Old 07-19-2012, 09:55 AM
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
The site is abandoned, check the colocation prices

http://www.1fasthost.com/index.cfm?f...ing.Colocation

the plan comes with 30GB...
Maybe it's hosted in a datacenter with futuristic technology that manages to compress all data coming in and out through a space portal that warps the size of... electric currents...