hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Cheap Webhost allowing daemon?

Forum Jump

Cheap Webhost allowing daemon?

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 12:21 PM

Cheap Webhost allowing daemon?

is there any cheap webhost that allows daemon and web scrapping?

i've search google for more than 72 hrs but in vain

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Temporarily Suspended

You likely won't find any shared web hosting that allows such activities due to the nature of how shared web hosting is ran. What exactly are you needing to run? Have you looked into getting a VPS?

Old 07-18-2012, 12:41 PM
WHT Addict

Try LowEndBox for VPS's that are just as cheap as shared hosting (unmanaged though)

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidShellSecurity View Post
You likely won't find any shared web hosting that allows such activities due to the nature of how shared web hosting is ran. What exactly are you needing to run? Have you looked into getting a VPS?
i'm into pligg. i already have a php script to auto submit to pligg sites. i'd like to start a pligg submission service. but for that i need daemon & unlimited usage of cURL (almost like web scrapping)

Old 07-18-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonchun View Post
Try LowEndBox for VPS's that are just as cheap as shared hosting (unmanaged though)
thanks a lot for the LowEndBox, i found vpscheap.net which is really really great. The prob is now on my side! I'm currenly hosting in hostgator.in (not .com) so i can pay via my debit card as hostgator.in accepts CCAvenue payment system. Unfortunatley, vpscheap.net dont accept CCavenue. They only have paypal and G Wallet

Old 07-18-2012, 02:10 PM
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokimchen View Post
thanks a lot for the LowEndBox, i found vpscheap.net which is really really great. The prob is now on my side! I'm currenly hosting in hostgator.in (not .com) so i can pay via my debit card as hostgator.in accepts CCAvenue payment system. Unfortunatley, vpscheap.net dont accept CCavenue. They only have paypal and G Wallet
Ah that's unfortunate... It seems Indians have it rough when it comes down to fraud checks/payments

(well, not necessarily just them. Mostly anyone outside of main europe and Usa)

Old 07-18-2012, 03:03 PM
How Can I Help You Today?

Get a VPS for this, shared hosts watch over your account usage like hawks. Anything that is slowing down the server is surely to be terminated.

You don't want all your hard work and long time investment to be gone just like that. But with shared host that will happen.

After all, you are just paying some $5 per month

Old 07-18-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrianto View Post
Get a VPS for this, shared hosts watch over your account usage like hawks. Anything that is slowing down the server is surely to be terminated.

You don't want all your hard work and long time investment to be gone just like that. But with shared host that will happen.

After all, you are just paying some $5 per month
heheh
hawks!!!
looking at ur signature, u seems to have a server too, may b u too are an hawks

Nwyas, yes, i do agree with you, thats y i have started a new thread here http://www. webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1174541

Old 07-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Not This Guy Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokimchen View Post
heheh
hawks!!!
looking at ur signature, u seems to have a server too, may b u too are an hawks

Nwyas, yes, i do agree with you, thats y i have started a new thread here http://www. webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1174541
For ease of use for anyone viewing this topic:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1174541

-Tyler Morrison