Fellow Members of WebHostingTalk, the time has come again to nominate those we think deserve the honor. To those of you who do not know what this is all about
Each month, we (participating members of the community) get together and nominate members we think should be acknowledged. The members do not have to be hosts, they may be customers also. It is a two part process - nominations and voting. The 5 members with the highest number of nominations will go on to the final voting, from which we will vote on the one member we think should be acknowledge as the Member of the Month for that given month. This member will receive the prize announced and (thanks to Reptilian Feline) a "certificate" that will be posted on WHT. Prizes come from donations by the community so please donate
Below are the rules for February 2003
. These rules will be posted in every nomination thread as they are subject to change from month to month:
- Members may not nominate themselves.
- Members are allowed to make only one nomination per month.
- Only members who have registered prior to the given month are eligible. (Registered Date Must be January 31st, or earlier.
- Only members with at least 50 posts are eligible to be nominated. Changed. See note here/
- Only Members who have made a post in the Main Forums (ie outside the Lounge and No Ads) in the award month are eligible.
- Moderators are not eligible.
- Members who have won in the previously in the same year (2002 excluded) are not eligible for nomination in the current month. Currently, this includes Yupapa and UH-Matt.
- In the event of a tie, no prize will be issued.
- Nominations will begin on the final Wednesday of a month, and end 7 days thereafter, or when the nomination thread is closed (whichever comes first).
- Voting will begin on the day after the nomination period ends, and will last for 7 days, or when the poll is closed (whichever comes first).
- A Nomination must include the following:
+ MemberName with link to profile
+ Reason for nomination (and not just (s)he makes me laugh)
+ (optional) link to specific post(s)/thread(s) that are worth mentioning.
That being said, let's get on to prize information
Currently we have $33 in the WHT MOTM fund available for prizes. If you would like to donate a prize or give me ideas for prizes, please PM or email me.
If you would like to donate to the MOTM Fund, please click here to go to the PayPal Donation screen.
Now that's all outta the way....on with the nominations
Note: The Owners/Other Moderators/Administrators of WHT are in no involved in this. This is being coordinated by me, with the help of other forum members, in an effort to improve the quality of the community and give recognition where it is deserved. If you have any problems/questions/concerns, please email or PM me