Thread: Some Advice

Some Advice

Well hello there..

Over the past year or so I have been browsing these forums for help, guidance, and emotional support! I was kidding about the last one

A little background:

Over the past 2 1/2 years I have been running a gaming Clan known as LKS (short for Lonely Knights).

We have grown from a small "clan" of about 6-8 members to more than 100 weekly unique members, and many more visitors.

This was done through the daily dedication and work put out by volunteers and my devilish attitude of no sleep until all work is done.

The Problem:

Several members of LKS have approached me about purchasing web hosting through LKS.

They feel that they can trust me, because over the past years I have shown myself to be reliable when dealing with issues, I provided daily support etc.

I decided to go with a reselling plan. However, I cannot pick one..There are so many out there, that I feel overwhelmed. I don't want to get scammed, or get an unreliable host that is down often.

I've been through that road too many times (unlimeted bandwith, space etc. all lies)!!

My Demands:

Bandwith: 20 GB monthly
    Space: 2 GB
    Other: PHP, mySQL, CPanel

Price: $25 - $35 a month

I must be able to pay through US check or money order.

I feel much safer knowing that there is a real address to a host where I can send it to.

A phone number would be good too, but not required.

Question:
    Be advised that I am not planning to run a hosting site. I will most likely get only 6 - 10 accounts, and they will be just enough to cover the costs (and maybe some profit).

I am willing to pay more if the host is reliable..

And that is what I am looking for.

I am looking for reliability. I want to feel safe that the data on the servers will be there tomorrow, and that they won't pack up and leave.

Having taken that into cosideration,

Do any of you have reselling experience with a host that has a plan suitable for me?

If you do, then please post the host's website.. (a short excerpt on why they are good etc. would also be appreciated, but I know all of you are busy enough as it is; so if you can't do it then it is no biggie).

Thank you!
    Last edited by Emil; 02-26-2003 at 03:38 AM.

hmmmm , the whole check or money order kinda puts a damper on things. Im sure several hosts would be willing to accept this form of payment if you payed in advance. If i were you i would use my check/debit card. What you're asking for is reasonable ... i would look into digitalxweb.net or splashhost.com, both provide excellent service and prices. Like i said though the whole check/moneyorder thing puts a damper on things...with that said i know a host here would be willing to work with you. Try posting this in the request forum so hosts answer you. Then once you have found a plan you like... do your homework on that host. Welcome to WHT

dathorn I think they accept us check / money order.

Why not pop over to their forums and speak to Andrew - he's extremely helpful.

I've recently setup my account over there and their support is extremely quick.

In this forum people cannot actually advertise there businesses so you will not be able to get offers from people directly. If you post in the request forum you may have some more luck.

Good luck

I had a reseller account with Ventures Online when I started out and was very happy with their service. This was before they switched over to bulk reseller accounts, but I continue to hear good things about them. I think that they accept checks and money orders.

Richard
    Enigma Hosting
    "I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying!"

Originally posted by EO|webhost
    In this forum people cannot actually advertise there businesses so you will not be able to get offers from people directly. If you post in the request forum you may have some more luck.

Good luck
    Hes doing the sensible thing and asking for advice - not every man and his dog to post offers.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

My question is will you be using the account for the clan as well? If so what resources will it alone consume? This information should be factored into the overal size of the reseller plan you acquire if it has not already . . .

you can send me a message with your answer and I will be happy to advise you further. Whatever you do stay away from BouceWeb I bought their Reseller plan when I was shopping BIG BIG BIG MISTAKE!
    • Ddos, DOS, Brute force protection • White Label Reseller Hosting. • Proactive Server Management
    • 20+ years experience! • sales@uncensored-hosting.com
    Uncensored-Hosting • X @UncensoredHost

Thanks for the replies so far.

For some answers:

My question is will you be using the account for the clan as well? If so what resources will it alone consume?
    I might use it depends on how stable the reseller account is.

If that happens the site uses about 5 GB of bandwith and around 150 megs of space.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I did not want to post it in the request forum because I am looking for a host that others have tried, and I want to have an unbiased review.

Often times the request threads do not bring the kind of hosts I am looking for.

Leeo, thanks for posting that link, I will check out.

case, I am going to look at the links you mentioned.

Have you signed up with any of them? If you did how was their service, relibility?

Keep them coming if possible.