Layout Review... Client (non-hosting) Site

This isn't a hosting site, first off. This is a layout mock-up for a client which just signed on the dotted line!

It's probably going to get ripped to shreads here, but thats ok... it's why I posted it. Please, don't feel a need to take it easy on me (the layout), if you have any pent up anger... feel free to let it go!

I have a long way to go in learning all the tricks I see in designs done by the more experienced, but hey... we all HAVE to start somewhere, right?

Waiting in anticipation,
    Steve

P.S. Thanks for taking a look at the layout. Next time I will supply barf bags for you bold/brave souls...
    Last edited by Southernman; 02-26-2003 at 01:06 AM.

No barf bag needed here ...

Couple of things. Unique header section, don't know if I like it or not yet. The login looks way too big IMO. And at the moment it's sitting smack bang in the centre of my screen (1024x768) because of the site's left alignment. It's drawing my attention more than the logo (and that's a wierd logo they've got too - you should try to sell them a logo design too ).

Victor

Thanks Victor... I had to keep my hands off the header for a while, it's been tempting to trash it, but it's kind of growing on me know.

The login was something I didn't think about to long, I am going to have to lengthen the page anyway... then I will move it to be above the Sponsor box.

THAT LOGO, whewwwww -- It seems that the first society created (many moons ago) started the concept. Every radiologic society website I looked at also has the same basic logo design, with something characteristic of the particular states symbolism included. I've hinted the suggestion (pretty stong) that they should consider moving away from it... they seem to be pretty fond of it though.

The layout they decide to use, it will be centered for sure.

I appreciate the input!

Steve

All I see is an Untitled Document with a large broken image.
    Kevin Hauge
    Modern Leaf Design
    http://www.modernleaf.com

Duhh... I did a little house cleaning and got a bit carried away.

It is back up now Kevin, Thanks for the report.