Register domains for others?

Is there any registrars out there that allow you to create an account and allow you to register domains for others who don't know how to? But I don't want to resell them like using reseller club, enom, etc..

I don't want to imply domains on my hosting site but would like to help others out by registering domains for them.

I've only done is once for my mum which my account is with 123-reg.co.uk. Which ive email them asking if I would be allowed to offer such a service.

Any advice welcome.

If you want to to register multiple domains with different WHOIS information then your best bet is a reseller account. Keep it closed to public signup. As the reseller you can register domains on the client's behalf and change the contact details for each client. I'd recommend resell.biz or reseller.netearthone.com as they have no deposit required.

There are two options to do it.

1. Choose a domain registrar and create an account by using other's all details for whom you want to buy domain name. Register domain name for him and hand over to all account details to him or keep at your hand.

2. Choose a domain reseller, create a reseller account there and register a domain for other and don't charge extra if you do not want to resell it. Just charge that you pay to your registrar for register domain.

This depends on how you want to go about, if you want to remain admin contact and be able to manage the domain and a few other details.

It is usually easier to manage multiple contacts with a domain reseller, however often you can simply arrange this with Domain Registrars (who don't have obvious reseller plans) by simply getting in touch.

You can of course simply register the domains in the name of another person but it's unlikely you will be able to properly manage the domain on behalf of the owner if you use their email contact etc (as you won't be able to receive the appropriate emails).
    Dan Rodgers - Managing Director - allthe.domains
    800+ Domain Extensions Supported | Nominet & CentralNic Accredited Registrar | SuperFast SSD Cloud Hosting | 24x7x365 UK-based Support

If you open a reseller account on Resellerclub when you can register domains for your customers and can provide them a control panel to manage their domains their self.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

Quote Originally Posted by dhcart View Post
    If you open a reseller account on Resellerclub when you can register domains for your customers and can provide them a control panel to manage their domains their self.
    I thought the OP's plan was to register and manage domain names for people who don't know how to. They're usually the sort of people who don't want to have to fiddle about with control panels (because they "don't know how to", and are looking for a "we do everything for you" service from the likes of the OP.

I have a lot of customers like that, and they come to me precisely because they don't want to be bothered with doing it themselves.

Why don't you apply for a reseller account with a registrar?

Like Enom, Godaddy, Resell.biz, ResellerClub etc. are pretty good at this sort of a thing.